ADVERTISEMENT

Demetris Robertson

He is challenged Tex -- purse is scouring the internet to find cases of running backs getting hurt due to over use this is after he made the absurd assertion that WR's getting 12 " touches " a game would be career ending .

Remember Tex a discussion w purse is like going to a mental hospital and knocking on the door and expecting a good conversation on the read option

well, gathered around you dinner table to get your weekly posting instructions...for your many ID's must be some gsther of bad genetics,

few on this forum do not understand who you are and your motivations!

Last edited:
remember the kid from Pitt few yrs ago;,workhorse! remember him?

Look at the RB's that were workhorses on college:,Chubb, Gurley, the kid from USC (east)
and then Procise.

these are kids who are still developing.

15-20 carries a game times 12 games times 3 years. (when you have the ball you are the target to be hit)

(a body has just so many hits it can absorb, and as for impressing NFL GM's, 1 good year and a good performance at the combine will be more than sufficient)

Earl Campbell (5'11" 245) was as brutally physical a back as there was: his NFL career was effectively 6 years; averaged ~ just less than 20 carries in college. His college career definitely cut into his Football 'life'.
There's definitely some truth of this but you're not going to get much feed back in a thread devoted to a high school multipurpose player.

my point is that a kid should not be considering any Coach that tells him he will get that kind of work load. In the ND offense DR would be very effective with 8-10 offensive touches and ST's.
A coach willing to abuse the usage of a player is a coach to run from. So if DR, or any player (other than QB), hears that he will be the focal point of the offense he should realize the long term implications of that.

Mica DewTreadway is going to be a stud..so to will that kid from Ohio..Not sure about that Tiassum kid believe me the DL may not be ELITE but it is MORE than serviceable..It's the defensive scheme that needs to change, when defensive players are out of position they start reaching and grabbing and that isn't sound fundamental defense. Watch how fundamentally sound Alabamas players were in the Championship Game, Clemson actually was a faster team than Alabama was but the Tide were almost always in the right place at the right time..that my friends is good defense.

my point is that a kid should not be considering any Coach that tells him he will get that kind of work load. In the ND offense DR would be very effective with 8-10 offensive touches and ST's.
A coach willing to abuse the usage of a player is a coach to run from. So if DR, or any player (other than QB), hears that he will be the focal point of the offense he should realize the long term implications of that.

your an insufferable ass - unfounded negative delusional commentary-- projecting fantasy conversations between coaches and players . You are offensive to any knowledgeable sports fan

Son we are not going to use much when you come to ND because we want to first and foremost keep you healthy for years to come after you leave our university -- you are a shit head my friend

Kelly, why does Perse elicit this kind of response? Perse can be irritating as hell when he goes negative and blames Kelly for everything, and when he refuses to give credit, etc... and his observations can be twisted logic for sure. However, he also provides some interesting perspective at times, and he is certainly entitled to his opinions. Just an observation, but most of his posts this season have been pretty balanced and reasonably objective. I don't happen to agree with his perspective on 15-20 touches being a career ending workload, but see nothing in this to cause you to go off on him. Some of his posts warrant a derisive response, but not this one.

Reactions: Bodizephax
Kelly, why does Perse elicit this kind of response? Perse can be irritating as hell when he goes negative and blames Kelly for everything, and when he refuses to give credit, etc... and his observations can be twisted logic for sure. However, he also provides some interesting perspective at times, and he is certainly entitled to his opinions. Just an observation, but most of his posts this season have been pretty balanced and reasonably objective. I don't happen to agree with his perspective on 15-20 touches being a career ending workload, but see nothing in this to cause you to go off on him. Some of his posts warrant a derisive response, but not this one.

I agree. There is too much hostility on this board. People should be able to freely give their perpective on football-related subjects as long as it does not include attacks on others. We are just talking about sports after all not life and death issues.

Reactions: Java65
Friar
surely your intuitive enough to figure out the 'motivation and motivators'. This is about control.

There is a definate segment of the board that wants the board to be ignorant.

Last edited:
Kelly was mild. Continually would have a field day with this observation. Shaw I am sure tells McCaffrey he is going to limit his touched because Perse says it is so

BS

Robinson WANTS what Shaw can give him. Kelly has a track record of not using his talent in multi faceted ways. Occasional receiver reverse or slot pass. That's about it

I'm in CA. so. keep in mind the time difference. How many freshmen touch the ball 15 or 20 times? Luck, the best Stanford QB since Elway, red shirted as a freshman. McCaffrey played his first year, but only
touched the ball about 10 times a game. Stanford has the best strength and development program in the country. It can change 3 and 4 star recruits into 5 stars. Its strength coach is endowed by some millionaire. Until now, he is probably Stanford's best kept secret.The only freshman that has dominated as a true freshman is Rosen a QB at UCLA. A guy that wanted to go to Stanford but was not recruited? Shaw may be a great coach, but sometimes suffers from myopia. Robertson needs a year in the strength program and a weight gain of 20 pounds of muscle before he can make a major contribution.
I am not a fan but an alum. My brother was recruited by USC, ND, and UCLA, and Written up by Sports Illustrated as the best running back on the west coast. So coming from a poor family. how did I get into schools like Yale and Stanford. I am not perfect, I was rejected by Harvard. I do not remember my father, they divorced when I was 4 years old. When my brother was recruited by USC, I had dinner with John McKay and he offered me a scholarship when he found out I played Pop Warner football Ha, Ha. I chose Yale over Stanford, it was a coin flip. When my girl friend , a Stanford reject, got accepted at UC Berkley, I transfered to Stanford , about an hour drive from Berkley, and have never regretted it. I majored in Psychology and Human Biology and after graduation applied to and was accepted at the following grad schools with a fellowship that paid for all expenses: UC Irvine school of Business, USC Film School, New School for Social Research in Psychology in NY. Duke Medical School. I'm not boasting, but just showing the value of a Stanford degree. Now, I hope to win the Noble Peace Price by unifing all the religions of the world.and putting an end to terriorism. To that end I have traveled all over the world,and have been initiated into secret societies: Zen in Japan, Taoism in China, Buddism in Tibet, Kabbalism in the Near East, Suffism and Gnostic Christianity in America. My chapter on Jesus will blow the socks off the Vatican.

rcmiller
that's pretty spot on. In fact ND fans have made each of your points, if not all in a single post.

heading into the stretch, ND fans have been hyped into a sense this will be a big finish!
it will be either 'TE'O or Greenbury' ... for me, will the finish be Donna De Verona or or Rosanne Barr!

Last edited:
Kelly was mild. Continually would have a field day with this observation. Shaw I am sure tells McCaffrey he is going to limit his touched because Perse says it is so

BS

Robinson WANTS what Shaw can give him. Kelly has a track record of not using his talent in multi faceted ways. Occasional receiver reverse or slot pass. That's about it

Tex - His opinion is absurd . He strives to be terminally unique with some of his nonsense -- " any coach who tells you you will be the focus of the offense is someone to run from " utter nonsense . .

Any coach that would not use you to showcase your talents is someone to run from is a tad more logical

Tex I don't like stupid people who constantly chirp whatever comes across their limited imaginations . He is rude arrogant and stupid -- you like those qualities in a person ?

I doubt we lose anyone on signing day. Spencer Perry was 1 that people said might eventually decommit, but he's already on campus so I don't know where we'd lose anyone at this point. If it happens it would be a surprise that no one saw coming. it wouldn't be the 1st time that's happened, but I don't think it does.

this closing is not about losing anyone, it is about the possible 'additions'

btw

D_M and Cool9 and myself have probably been the MOST positive posters about the recruiting class!
only the galactically stupid would infer otherwise.

Loy and Steve W flipped their CB for Kelly to OK. (wonder if they sold any subscriptions with the 1 week CB to ND)

looks like a miss on the big 3 LBers

Robertson, Nate Johnson, Jonathan Jones....

I'd like to have Caleb, but I'll take these three. With Robertson that gives ND the #2 WR haul last year and the #1 WR haul this year... With our experienced and upper classmen (and Kelly recruits) at QB this could be very very fun to watch. (Again, I just hope BVG gets his shit together on D!!!!)

this closing is not about losing anyone, it is about the possible 'additions'

btw

D_M and Cool9 and myself have probably been the MOST positive posters about the recruiting class!
only the galactically stupid would infer otherwise.

Tex -- See above and you wonder why I despise him

Yea, when Perse pulls out his galactically stupid refrain, he deserves whatever repsonse he gets. My prior post simply suggested that his comments about number of touches didn't warrant your response. Proportionality!

Yea, when Perse pulls out his galactically stupid refrain, he deserves whatever repsonse he gets. My prior post simply suggested that his comments about number of touches didn't warrant your response. Proportionality!
Tex -

Here is the bad news for my boy -- He is tracking rumors - leads - hearsay re decisions of 17 yr old kids . Punch line is we will ALL KNOW their decisions in 10 days . To call posters stupid for not recognizing him as the top cop regarding the latest internet horseshit surrounding these kids decisions only galvanizes his position as head nitwit on this forum .

To date, BVG is listed as the primary recruiter only on 1 commitment, B Tiassum. He really needs to step it up,

It is called the ignore button fellas. Use it so the rest of us dont have to read your bitching.

I don't really care whether the DC is a primary recruiter or not, if the position coaches under him are highly successful. Not a BVG fan and more concerned about targets shying away from ND for concern over his schemes and possible employment stability.

I don't agree Telx -- I would if our defense was performing, but we are underperforming -- so, I expect our D-coordinator to also walk the walk with recruits. Remember Diaco sleeping out outside Isaaq's house?

As a program we need every body.

and, at the all star game C Kelly, I think it was, discussed the recent trials and tribulations of the ND D and BVG.
We will probably never know the degree that that influenced his choice, but on surface it is problematic.

Stu...wasn't suggesting BVG doesn't have a role or walk the walk with recruits as you say, I was stating it doesn't matter to me if he is the PRIMARY recruiter or not. Perse, yes...this is exactly the kind of inference I was making.

C. Kelly to Oklahoma , B. Davis to Alabama . Well , right now ,I'm hoping we sign our commitments and nobody bolts . And maybe we get Robertson and some surprises on signing day

Stu...wasn't suggesting BVG doesn't have a role or walk the walk with recruits as you say, I was stating it doesn't matter to me if he is the PRIMARY recruiter or not. Perse, yes...this is exactly the kind of inference I was making.
Oh, got ya... I hope they get it right this year, because we could be very exciting on offense again.

coaches Denbrock, samford and another coach are spending all Thursday afternoon or evening with the Robertson family to try and close this one according to an insider. also read that the whole Robertson family may go and visit GA Tech this weekend but they shouldn't be a threat with the offense that they run. insiders loy and wiltfong both are saying that if this recruitment goes past NSD like they and others are hearing then it could be harder for our irish to land him

coaches Denbrock, samford and another coach are spending all Thursday afternoon or evening with the Robertson family to try and close this one according to an insider. also read that the whole Robertson family may go and visit GA Tech this weekend but they shouldn't be a threat with the offense that they run. insiders loy and wiltfong both are saying that if this recruitment goes past NSD like they and others are hearing then it could be harder for our irish to land him

Robertson isn't signing until he gets SAT score back, around the 11th of Feb. he is taking official to GT this weekend, UGA the weekend after signing day. If he gets test score brother will push hard for him to attend Stanford, if he doesn't get it brother will push hard for ND. Neither are Drob's 1st or 2nd choices, but will likely go to Stanford if he gets score, if he doesn't it isn't looking like ND will be his choice as of today, and this is about an hour old news. Could this change by tomorrow, absolutely, kid's heart is in one place and no one around him wants him to go there, and it isn't UGA.

an insider just sent out info that Robertson just said that Stanford is still his leader followed by our irish. clearly he wants Stanford and I hope he gets to go there if that's where his heart really is but I and several other posters on other irish boards don't know how he can be so obsessed with Stanford when he hasn't stepped a foot on there campus

ND shouldnt be a second choice. Fill the spot on NSD with somebody who has ND as his first choice forget the # of stars.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT