ADVERTISEMENT

Demetris Robertson

On the defensive line ,you are forgetting the freshmen DL who were red- shirted Taylor, Drew-Treadway ,Dickerson , Tiassum .Maybe ,one or two of these players can make a major impact .Remembering Louis Nix III who was red-shirted .

On the defensive line ,you are forgetting the freshmen DL who were red- shirted Taylor, Drew-Treadway ,Dickerson , Tiassum .Maybe ,one or two of these players can make a major impact .Remembering Louis Nix III who was red-shirted .
Elijah Taylor had offers from: Ohio St, Michigan, Michigan St, Miami, Florida St, Tennessee, Wisconsin. But he's only 3 stars Izo, he doesn't have a chance!

yeah and I'm pretty sure Dickerson decommitted and went to ucla like halfway through the recruiting cycle.

sounds like there is some serious chatter that DR wont be able to get in to Stanford now. If true it would leave UGA & Bama as the comp. If so I really hope that he's serious when he's talking about academics.

I don't have a link but D_Master is right as there is chatter going around other boards that Robertson won't be able to get into Stanford. feel bad for him if so because people are saying that he has really worked hard to put himself in position to get in there. if education means this much to him then I'll be scratching my head if he chooses UGA or Bama over our irish

Reactions: Classic Irish
Wait, he can't get in to Stanford, but he can get in to ND?
Yep for football NDs standards aren't quite as high as Stanford. In fact we seem to benefit from this fact every few cycles, there is a guy late in the process that isnt admitted to Stanford that ends up at ND.

i think based on twitter posts that there is serious smoke to the rumor about DR not getting into Stanford. I saw McCollough post that he was admitted and another kid from Indiana posted that he was as well and was verballing to them, both yesterday.

Waste is a weird adjective to use there perse, but I hate UT so I agree with the general sentiment. Really liked McCullough too.

Neither Wim nor MZ have actual game experience that justifies the label 'experienced'.

I would disagree on Zaire, as he has started 3 games, played in several others, and has multiple offseason worth of camp....plus several seasons of practice

I would call him experienced

But it's a subjective measure, so it really is totally in the eye of the beholder

Sure they raise eyebrows but as much as it is easy to say "welp they are paying someone" couldn't it be that Freeze is just a really good recruiter and coach? The money at Ole Miss isn't new money. Nutt and Orgeron weren't recruiting like this, is the implication that Freeze is just luck that alums are willing to pay for him and weren't before?

If I was in front of J McC I would hold up a ND diploma and make sure he gets a real good look at it!
Then I would tell him that once I put it back in my briefcase, he has passed on it FOREVER!
Let him know it is not exclusively a football decision.

OR better

hold up a diploma from all of the prospects choices:

not whole diploma's though! rip it so only a part of it, a % of the diploma, to reflect the probability of him actuall attaining it!

this would be my approach with Kelly and Oklahoma!

Reactions: hoosierstateII
If I was in front of J McC I would hold up a ND diploma and make sure he gets a real good look at it!
Then I would tell him that once I put it back in my briefcase, he has passed on it FOREVER!
Let him know it is not exclusively a football decision.

From whom would you borrow or steal that ND diploma? What diploma is really in your "briefcase".

Reactions: Bodizephax
why we should trust our own opinions, eyes and experience.

Fuller / Robertson evaluation out of HS
Robertson a 5* (we saw him in the recent AA game)

and then there was this genius report: (from post on TOS)

ESPN Analyst
Updated 02/06/2013
Fuller has redeeming qualities as a lanky and lean late bloomer physically with adequate speed and good height. He has a naturally thin frame and will need to work to get weight added and increase bulk and strength. Has long arms and will compete for the jump ball. He is quite crafty in his methods and quicker than fast as a route runner and runner after the catch. Shows an ability to get deep at this level, but may have trouble doing the same on the next level. Drives off the ball with good surge and gets into routes quickly. Runs low and shows smooth feet and hips to get into and out of breaks without gearing down too much. Shows sneaky burst off the cut to generate separation in the short and intermediate passing game. Although he can run high and be a bit straight -- lined at times. Hands are soft and reliable and he will flash the ability to make the acrobatic catch. Shows good focus over the middle and can adjust to the over the shoulder ball. Shows nice body control too. Shows adequate-to-good production after the catch to make the first defender miss. However, Fuller just lacks great speed. Isn't a guy that is going to be much of a threat to go the distance after the catch -- more of a possession guy without the ideal size. If he was a blazer, everyone would be after him because he does all the little things well because he has to in order to win. We would anticipate Fuller seeing a lot of non-BCS level attention. Good player that may not "wow" in any one area, but finds ways to get open and get things done. Needs refinement as a route runner which will come at the next level.

fans that follow recruiting probably are aware, but those that do not, something to note, if ND lands Robertson and Alloway, ND has put together offensive talent, at the skill positions, along the lines of what we are used to seeing at USC. ND will be exciting to watch!

Unfortunately the D is a few rungs lower on the ladder , and that unfortunately will also make things exciting!

Reactions: ndhell
Immediate chance to play next Fall IMO----and I rarely say that about incoming frosh.

i don't think we get alloway. sounds like he's all but wrapped up to UCLA. Sounds like he liked ND, but distance was always a hurdle that he never felt comfortable leaving the west coast. That said, DR is trending towards ND at the moment and I don't really care about Alloway if we get Robertson. You put DR, McKinley and Claypool out there with Sanders, Boykin and Jones from last year and we'll have some serious skill talent to go w/ the Oline studs we've been bringing in. Get the defense fixed and ND will be a true contender again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT