ADVERTISEMENT

You guys are all crazy or stupid

True , they “almost”won those games. They still lost. Also, in the last six major bowl games, which usually means you play a pretty good team, they lost by big margins. At some point you have to win. Not come close, but win.

I thought they beat L.S.U. in a bowl in January of 2018.

I don't say they can't compete. Too many people on here want to look at players only. That's bullshit.

When two teams have one week to prepare we are right there.

BK's finest coaching hour wasn't even a win. The FSU game in Tallahassee was robbed.
Clemson...Georgia a couple bone headed decisions we could have won. Very close. That's the elite and we are right there.

Move on to a month long preparation game with the highest stakes and we are empty jerseys.
BK treats the game just as any other game. That's the glaring problem.

No emotion. No energy. No excitement.

Players are extension of coaches.

He has no identity.

I’d agree that preparation, game planning and adjusting have been lacking in post season

Reactions: 88ND
How do you “hang in there” when the pocket destroyed ?

The pocket wasn’t destroyed.

He ran into sacks & had happy feet.

It’s the same thing he did a few other games too this year.

He just simply needs to take a step forward & deliver the ball. Everytime he took a step forward he just took off or ran right into somebody.

Reactions: 88ND
The pocket wasn’t destroyed.

He ran into sacks & had happy feet.

It’s the same thing he did a few other games too this year.

He just simply needs to take a step forward & deliver the ball. Everytime he took a step forward he just took off or ran right into somebody.

How do you account for him completing 70 % of his passes ?

Bad technique ?

Book simply didn't let the plays develop. Too impatient and happy feet. You're playing a top defense so yes you are going to get hit. You gotta hang in there. He never did.
Then a change would of been necessary. To get him focused and to get the Clemson defense out of their comfort zone....or a different attempt to

I thought they beat L.S.U. in a bowl in January of 2018.

You are right they did. All I’m saying is if you look at who are the elite teams at the moment, ND doesn’t stack up. They need better talent if the goal is a national championship. I’ll take 12-0 every year. I think the coaches and the players would as well but they also want to win it all .

Come on, man. That’s all smoke and mirrors. ND can’t keep getting blown out every time out on the national stage. The schedule was so soft this season. Not ND’s fault, but they didn’t deserve to be in the game. ND is now a women’s basketball school.

And Lacrosse.

And Fencing.

And Ice Hockey.

Bad technique ?

Huh?

He completed 70% agaibst Clemson?

And his flaw that has been pointed out by many is hitting wide open receivers down the field?
When teams bring pressure & you step up in the pocket there is usually somebody open down the field. He missed two deep throws to open receivers that would have been TDs & multiple intermediate throws to wide open receivers.
He had a bad game.

Extremely well put.

I guess it is if you're into nearsited, thoughtless, and downright stupid replies. So much BS floating around this board that it's downright embarrassing!

Reactions: Pennick4
Putting BW in for a couple of series before the fame got out of hand couldn't of hurt but agree BK s clock management or lack off is a head scratcher
It was clear to everyone watching the game the offense was stuck in mud. A spark...anything ... could have helped.

You don't get to replay the game. Maybe Kelly thinks there is a do-over in a week.

Reactions: GoldCountryND
I guess it is if you're into nearsited, thoughtless, and downright stupid replies. So much BS floating around this board that it's downright embarrassing!
Just trying to follow the football program, ya know. :cool:

Then again it's so bad you just can't resist adding to the embarrassment.

Bad technique ?
Clemson took Pitt's defensive game plan and executed it with a better front four.

BTW Book was 50% against Clemson and we had 250 yards of total offense.

Excellent post

Well, do you just want to have your horse run in the Kentucky Derby? Is that enough for a true horseman?
Or
Is the true horseman unsatisfied, striving to win the Kentucky Derby.

What kind of glass does he have?

I’m a diehard Irish fan. I didn’t attend the school but had family who taught there and went to school there.
Looking @ the game unfortunately the ESPN talking heads were correct. The Irish did not belong there. I guess a 2 loss Georgia team would in my humble opinion be a more competitive game.
Any way ND be able to schedule some SEC games?
You can’t decide if we deserved to be there after the game, that decision has to be made before the game. There’s no real sensible argument that we didn’t deserve to be there.

Reactions: Pennick4
Well, do you just want to have your horse run in the Kentucky Derby? Is that enough for a true horseman?
Or
Is the true horseman unsatisfied, striving to win the Kentucky Derby.

What kind of glass does he have?

Excellent analogy .....

Clemson took Pitt's defensive game plan and executed it with a better front four.

BTW Book was 50% against Clemson and we had 250 yards of total offense.

You might want to watch the video of the game.

I just watched it in regular and slo-mo replay.

Lawrence had all the time in the world.
Book was blitzed regularly and had nowhere near the time that Lawrence had.

Book didn’t have that bad of a game

How many passes were dropped ?

How many Pass interference calls were made ?

How many pass interference calls weren’t made ?
One that would have been a TD if the DB doesn’t hit the receiver early.

Too many on here have been listening to the announcers and others instead of watching the game again.

You can’t decide if we deserved to be there after the game, that decision has to be made before the game. There’s no real sensible argument that we didn’t deserve to be there.

You got a point but same scenario next season. Got no problem letting Georgia leaping the Irish.

You might want to watch the video of the game.

I just watched it in regular and slo-mo replay.

Lawrence had all the time in the world.
Book was blitzed regularly and had nowhere near the time that Lawrence had.

Book didn’t have that bad of a game

How many passes were dropped ?

How many Pass interference calls were made ?

How many pass interference calls weren’t made ?
One that would have been a TD if the DB doesn’t hit the receiver early.

Too many on here have been listening to the announcers and others instead of watching the game again.
OK....you ready?

What did I post? Clemson implemented the Pitt game plan but with a better front four.

In other words...Pitt came off the bus blitzing. No difference Saturday night. Clemson said let's see if you make the needed adjustments from that game.

Looky Looky here...they didn't and our offense did nothing.

You got a point but same scenario next season. Got no problem letting Georgia leaping the Irish.
I do big time. You lose two. You get pummeled by a three loss team. Bye bye. 12-0 gets you in. After the fact judgement doesn't count. Did one single Irish fan say when the playoff four were announced that ND did not belong? Nope.

OK....you ready?

What did I post? Clemson implemented the Pitt game plan but with a better front four.

In other words...Pitt came off the bus blitzing. No difference Saturday night. Clemson said let's see if you make the needed adjustments from that game.

Looky Looky here...they didn't and our offense did nothing.

And you think it’s Book’s fault that the coaching staff didn’t adjust to a blitzing defense ?

Wrong. I've taken the coming to Jesus moment by BK with a grain of salt instead of biting hook, line and sinker like you and about half the board.

I think I was asked a million times this year on here by people saying are you ready to admit BK is this or that....i said repeatedly when we play respectable football on the highest of stages then sure I'll gladly admit he's turned a corner.

I usually don't speak for others but a lot of people on this board has similar thoughts and havr been here all year.

The only ones that hide are the BK apologists...then after a Michigan game or something...look out.

After a trouncing they are M.I.A.
You are full of shit!

Reactions: graceh90
I don't say they can't compete. Too many people on here want to look at players only. That's bullshit.

When two teams have one week to prepare we are right there.

BK's finest coaching hour wasn't even a win. The FSU game in Tallahassee was robbed.
Clemson...Georgia a couple bone headed decisions we could have won. Very close. That's the elite and we are right there.

Move on to a month long preparation game with the highest stakes and we are empty jerseys.
BK treats the game just as any other game. That's the glaring problem.

No emotion. No energy. No excitement.

Players are extension of coaches.

He has no identity.
I definitely agree with you here....I watched all game long while Lawrence showed emotion(just like the rest of the team), fired up when they made plays. Book was stoic the whole game. As the QB you are the defacto leader of the offense. Not one time did he get the offense together and let them have it for the early mistakes, and to get them focused. The “fire” is needed in big games, and they did not have it. You’re right, it wasn’t just another game..they played like it was.

I don’t think anyone is saying 2 undefeated seasons is an issue. It clearly isn’t. Looking at the bigger picture, when faced against the “ upper echelon “ type teams, ND got exposed. So the question begs. Should they have been put in the playoff? It’s a fair question. Now I’m not saying with their schedule and going undefeated , they should be kept out. But when you objectively look at the game and the disparity in talent, it’s hard to say ND is one of the 4 top teams even while going 12-0. I don’t know what other fans see. When I watch Bama, Clemson. Ohio st , Oklahoma and Georgia, I don’t see the same kind of talent on ND that those teams have. So I can understand why other fans call them out when they get blown out . Really, the facts clearly tell the story. Over the last 2 decades or so, when the Irish face an elite team in a big game they almost always lose and lose big. That is never good and it has led to the the reputation of Notre Dame being overrated. If the Irish want to change the perception, they to get top end talent and start winning the big bowl games when they make it there. Otherwise, this drum beat will continue.
GA lost their 2 toughest games ... by 20 to LSU ... so explain to me why are they better than ND. I would have thought you'd prove your better by winning games ... just sayin ... oh list GA's best wins????

GA lost their 2 toughest games ... by 20 to LSU ... so explain to me why are they better than ND. I would have thought you'd prove your better by winning games ... just sayin ... oh list GA's best wins????

Point well taken. It is possible to have better talent and still lose. I know it’s an inexact science but if you look at the last 3 or 4 re recruiting classes , Georgia is rated higher. So just from a sheer talent perspective, not going into wins or losses, they have more talent than ND. We could go back and forth all day with this. For me it comes down to one thing. ND has had 6 straight major bowl losses. Those games weren’t even close. I though they had a chance at beating Clemson. As the game went on , you could sense ND really needed an A+ effort to have a shot. Clemson just looked better. Then the bottom fell out and reality set in. Clemson was much better. Fair or not, when ND plays in these high stakes or high profile games, anything less than winning only perpetuates the theory, “ND can’t win big games” . I don’t think they are that far off. 2 top 5 recruiting hauls could be a game changer. It sounds so easy. Kelly and company have struggled getting real top end difference makers. So I don’t know where it can change. You would think an undefeated season would help. This years class is very good but missing some key play makers. We shall see how things go next season. Fingers crossed they can get over the hump in winning a major bowl and on the recruiting trail.

I don’t think anyone is saying 2 undefeated seasons is an issue. It clearly isn’t. Looking at the bigger picture, when faced against the “ upper echelon “ type teams, ND got exposed. So the question begs. Should they have been put in the playoff? It’s a fair question. Now I’m not saying with their schedule and going undefeated , they should be kept out. But when you objectively look at the game and the disparity in talent, it’s hard to say ND is one of the 4 top teams even while going 12-0. I don’t know what other fans see. When I watch Bama, Clemson. Ohio st , Oklahoma and Georgia, I don’t see the same kind of talent on ND that those teams have. So I can understand why other fans call them out when they get blown out . Really, the facts clearly tell the story. Over the last 2 decades or so, when the Irish face an elite team in a big game they almost always lose and lose big. That is never good and it has led to the the reputation of Notre Dame being overrated. If the Irish want to change the perception, they to get top end talent and start winning the big bowl games when they make it there. Otherwise, this drum beat will continue.

Bama and Clemson we don’t quite match up talent wise and no team does, frankly. Other than those 2 teams we sure as hell do match up. What are you watching? We beat LSU last year bowl game and lost to UGA by 1. Stop with this Oklahoma and Ohio St BS. Were you praising the Buckeye talent when they got beat worse by Purdue than we did by Clemson? Didn’t think so. Tired of this talent disparity bullshit.

Reactions: tyrificone
You are full of shit!
Well a lot of other posters who've nothing better to do than follow my posts all day...would disagree. Everyone knows where I've stood on BK all along.

But thank you for chiming in.

Bama and Clemson we don’t quite match up talent wise and no team does, frankly. Other than those 2 teams we sure as hell do match up. What are you watching? We beat LSU last year bowl game and lost to UGA by 1. Stop with this Oklahoma and Ohio St BS. Were you praising the Buckeye talent when they got beat worse by Purdue than we did by Clemson? Didn’t think so. Tired of this talent disparity bullshit.

Come on. The Buckeyes are loaded. They played horrible against Purdue. It happens. Look what they did to Michigan. Oklahoma, defense, not so good. Offense? Real good. Let’s be clear. This is not personal for me. I respect your opinion and perspective as well as the others here. I’m simply giving my point of view. Like I said earlier. I watch these other teams and I see better athletes. If you disagree, I’m ok with that. You have every right to your opinion. It is just a discussion, nothing more.

Come on. The Buckeyes are loaded. They played horrible against Purdue. It happens. Look what they did to Michigan. Oklahoma, defense, not so good. Offense? Real good. Let’s be clear. This is not personal for me. I respect your opinion and perspective as well as the others here. I’m simply giving my point of view. Like I said earlier. I watch these other teams and I see better athletes. If you disagree, I’m ok with that. You have every right to your opinion. It is just a discussion, nothing more.
That’s fair and I respect your opinion as well. I think ND just played extremely tight again on the biggest stage and the coaching was subpar. No way Clemson is 27 better than ND. They just aren’t. I’m still pissed!!

Reactions: tkirish
How do you “hang in there” when the pocket destroyed ?
oh c'mon. he looked to run at the first sign of any pressure. he was squirrly all night. you're gonna get it. if the circumstances have to be perfect for him to be successful he's not very good then.

Reactions: jcswoopnh
That’s fair and I respect your opinion as well. I think ND just played extremely tight again on the biggest stage and the coaching was subpar. No way Clemson is 27 better than ND. They just aren’t. I’m still pissed!!
i thought the QB was the only one who played "tight".

Reactions: jcswoopnh
take your choice.

Or maybe it’s just some of you guys.

Notre Dame just went 12-0 and qualified for the National Championship playoffs.

Six years ago they did the same thing.

Of 125 teams how many have made it to the National Championship in the last six years ?

How many were undefeated ?

Yes, we suffered an embarrassing loss, but you have to look at the body of work and not one game.

It’s difficult to impossible for ND to make it to the playoffs with just 1 loss.

ND had no losses and you’d think that the Titanic just hit an iceberg.

ND had a great season...... celebrate that instead of whining that the sky is falling !
Who are you? I don't remember seeing your name once all year except after the game and now to jump on the predictable courus of fire Kelly bandwagon trolls.

I hate stress of decisions like this! crazy or stupid... crazy or stupid. So hard to choose!

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Book simply didn't let the plays develop. Too impatient and happy feet. You're playing a top defense so yes you are going to get hit. You gotta hang in there. He never did.
Maybe on some plays but our offensive line did not play well at all. That was one position that did have to play great but they needed to shoe up. We have the talent there but it appears not to be developing. Time to axe Quinn. I was never a fan of Quinn to begin with.

Who are you? I don't remember seeing your name once all year except after the game and now to jump on the predictable courus of fire Kelly bandwagon trolls.

If you don’t remember seeing my name until AFTER the game, then:

1. You have a terrible memory
2. You lack reading comprehension skills
3. You should lay off the booze
4. All of the above.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT