ADVERTISEMENT

Fans of several Top 15-20 programs are

Dec 29, 2005
beside themselves with the portal transfers, potential coaching changes, etc.

It seems like a clown show in South bend at the moment but if you visited various message boards for teams like OSU, Michigan, Miami, OU, even Bama you’d think the ceiling fell in and a few of those teams still have a chance at the playoffs.

It seems many assistant coaches from these programs are interviewing for other CFB/NFL coaching positions, players have decommitted, entered the transfer portal or announced for the draft.

It would seem the new era of NIL has most everyone pulling their hair. I was reading that a DT that was committed to OSU and flipped to Miami said on a local sports radio show that Miami guaranteed him a set dollar amount and OSU couldn’t do that.

Crazy world boys, it will make CFB more interesting but that could be a negative too, like some sort of strange reality show.

If CFB resorts to a yearly mass free agency market, the make “your best offer” and see. How will the sport look five years from now?

It seems like a clown show in South bend at the moment but if you visited various message boards for teams like OSU, Michigan, Miami, OU, even Bama you’d think the ceiling fell in and a few of those teams still have a chance at the playoffs.

It seems many assistant coaches from these programs are interviewing for other CFB/NFL coaching positions, players have decommitted, entered the transfer portal or announced for the draft.

It would seem the new era of NIL has most everyone pulling their hair. I was reading that a DT that was committed to OSU and flipped to Miami said on a local sports radio show that Miami guaranteed him a set dollar amount and OSU couldn’t do that.

Crazy world boys, it will make CFB more interesting but that could be a negative too, like some sort of strange reality show.

If CFB resorts to a yearly mass free agency market, the make “your best offer” and see. How will the sport look five years from now?
I miss the BCS era. Last great era of CFB in my opinion. The playoffs may have made CFB more "fair" but it's not a better product overall. Majority of playoff games are ridiculous blowouts that no average fan wants to watch. Transfer portal and NIL has killed any sense of loyalty and having pride in one's university. It used to be that if you wanted to transfer, that's fine, but the university you went to could prevent you transferring to a school that is on your current school's future schedule in addition to sitting out a year, unless of course you graduated. I thought that was fair. It kills me to see how entitled kids are today. In the end, I don't see how this benefits student-athletes in the long run. Kids need to understand that just because you're "special" or "talented" doesn't mean you're guaranteed any success or owed anything. They're not going to learn how to adapt and survive. I'm an overweight 37 year old and I would give up nearly anything to be in my teens and playing CFB again. It's gonna be awhile before things get better.

It is the world of today guys-----not going to be restricted to a few Programs. It will hit everyone.

By Wednesday there will be 1500 D-1 guys in the portal.

It used to be that if you wanted to transfer, that's fine, but the university you went to could prevent you transferring to a school that is on your current school's future schedule in addition to sitting out a year, unless of course you graduated.
and it worked. But at least the kids are getting something now!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT