ADVERTISEMENT

Why are some of the higher profile programs

Dec 29, 2005
striking out on many of the highly regarded portal players?

I’ve kind of checked in on various boards of teams like USC, OSU, UGA, UT, PSU, etc..

A lot of them are pissed that so many of the players their universities have contacted have chosen other programs, maybe 15-30 ranked teams over them.

ND has done well thus far but I’m wondering if maybe teams like UK, Arkansas, TCU, UL, etc are getting more of the upper talent from the portal is that the portal transfers know they’re going to be the guy or featured.

Example, I was on the OSU (eleven warrior) board and its doom and gloom over the portal. Both in how many they’ve lost and how all their top targets have chosen elsewhere so far. They’re perplexed that McCord and 5 star QB recruit Riola(sp?) are likely going to Nebraska. Many even thought Day would steal Leonard from ND, they can’t believe Van Dyke would choose Wisconsin too. Their top two OL targets have committed elsewhere as well.

Any thoughts on why this may be occurring?

The playing field is becoming more even. Now that NIL has been established, lower tier schools are going to be able to offer a player a competitive amount. Make the same amount and play at a place like Nebraska where you will likely be loved? Why not? The days of OSU, Alabama, Clemson, Georgia holding the monopoly on recruiting and dominating CFB are over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT