ADVERTISEMENT

Players are pouring into the portal

Dec 29, 2005
It seems that several QBs, many starters are leaving or probable for leaving their current programs to play somewhere else.

For instance QBs, UM’sVan Dyke, KSU Will Howard, MSU QB Will Rodger’s, TTU QB Tyler Shough, IU QB Brendan Sorsby, Baylor QB Blake Shapen, A&M QB Max Johnson, etc.

Virtually every QB said they wanted the chance to compete for a starting job on a “winning” program. The U and the Gators look like they may hemorrhage talent this offseason. Rumors that Miami could lose over a dozen guys to the portal and UF not far behind.

Just my opinion but if ND looks at a QB, I do like Will Rodger’s and Will Howard, both are pretty good athletes and solid throwers. Howard is a big guy 6’5/250, I watched a few games this year, he was difficult for teams to tackle/sack it seemed to me. He’s a solid runner with almost 1K career rushing yards and 10-12 RTD as well.

Others like Van Dyke (highly recruited) another big QB with a big arm. Some his woes were due to a really subpar OL it seems. Shapen was playing decent for a severally undermanned Baylor team has apparently had a few concussions though, he has a 36-13 TD/Int ratio, not bad for playing at Baylor.

Anyone have thoughts on any of these guys?

Additionally, it appears USC may lose a few WRs/RBs, at least according to Twitter world.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tru2Irish
looking forward to Lincoln Riley's implosion and bailing at USC. tHE GUY AT fLORIDA TOO.

It seems that several QBs, many starters are leaving or probable for leaving their current programs to play somewhere else.

For instance QBs, UM’sVan Dyke, KSU Will Howard, MSU QB Will Rodger’s, TTU QB Tyler Shough, IU QB Brendan Sorsby, Baylor QB Blake Shapen, A&M QB Max Johnson, etc.

Virtually every QB said they wanted the chance to compete for a starting job on a “winning” program. The U and the Gators look like they may hemorrhage talent this offseason. Rumors that Miami could lose over a dozen guys to the portal and UF not far behind.

Just my opinion but if ND looks at a QB, I do like Will Rodger’s and Will Howard, both are pretty good athletes and solid throwers. Howard is a big guy 6’5/250, I watched a few games this year, he was difficult for teams to tackle/sack it seemed to me. He’s a solid runner with almost 1K career rushing yards and 10-12 RTD as well.

Others like Van Dyke (highly recruited) another big QB with a big arm. Some his woes were due to a really subpar OL it seems. Shapen was playing decent for a severally undermanned Baylor team has apparently had a few concussions though, he has a 36-13 TD/Int ratio, not bad for playing at Baylor.

Anyone have thoughts on any of these guys?

Additionally, it appears USC may lose a few WRs/RBs, at least according to Twitter world.
These are the positions they have the most depth at.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT