ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Miss going all in..

Dec 29, 2005
I just read an interesting X thread about HC Kiffin and Ole Miss.

Apparently, LK feels like Ole Miss is at the cusp of breaking out from under Bama even if it’s a short window. They have done an incredible job securing the top two DEs in the portal and are likely getting the #1 DL as well. With their offensive skill players and QB, and a very solid OL, Kiff & Co are going all in, with a favorable schedule in ‘24, they’re spending NIL like crazy and securing big time talent.

Will it pay off? Minus a handful of teams right now such as OSU, UGA, Bama who will go for it all every year, it seems the new era of CFB will allow teams that are good to say “we got the right QB and WR’s, let’s spend for that star RB”, or “let’s go get that DE we need to make that line top notch”.

ND has definitely improved the lineup themselves with a few portal transfers, be interesting how team that are in the 8-12 ranking will attack the portal and NIL.

Reactions: notredamerises23
I remember ND fielding great defenses and I see MF focusing on the D. ND will do it with the Defense if it does it at all.
I miss those defenses That, dominance was so interesting; games were like chess matches.

The next 10 years for Lane should be very strong. IMHO, Florida or Miami should be doing everything they can to get LK.

The next 10 years for Lane should be very strong. IMHO, Florida or Miami should be doing everything they can to get LK.
He’s a talented guy, who wasn’t mature enough to handle all the glamour and prestige that came with his early head coaching positions. Seems like his maturity has finally caught up with his talent. Not sure either Florida or Miami is a step up from what he has going on at Ole Miss.

He’s a talented guy, who wasn’t mature enough to handle all the glamour and prestige that came with his early head coaching positions. Seems like his maturity has finally caught up with his talent. Not sure either Florida or Miami is a step up from what he has going on at Ole Miss.
Both schools with much richer football traditions and more talent/poplulation within 150 miles of campus. At Miami he wouldn't need to leave more than 100 miles of campus and he coached up the road at FAU/Boca (and he loved it). Neither of the coaches at those schools currently are as talented coaching or recruiting. I think he would be most dangerous at Miami. I'm sure Ole Miss recognizes this is their chance, and if they don't appear to go all-in then Kiffin might as well go.

I just read an interesting X thread about HC Kiffin and Ole Miss.

Apparently, LK feels like Ole Miss is at the cusp of breaking out from under Bama even if it’s a short window. They have done an incredible job securing the top two DEs in the portal and are likely getting the #1 DL as well. With their offensive skill players and QB, and a very solid OL, Kiff & Co are going all in, with a favorable schedule in ‘24, they’re spending NIL like crazy and securing big time talent.

Will it pay off? Minus a handful of teams right now such as OSU, UGA, Bama who will go for it all every year, it seems the new era of CFB will allow teams that are good to say “we got the right QB and WR’s, let’s spend for that star RB”, or “let’s go get that DE we need to make that line top notch”.

ND has definitely improved the lineup themselves with a few portal transfers, be interesting how team that are in the 8-12 ranking will attack the portal and NIL.
This is the good side of the portal and NIL—UGA, Alabama, Ohio St., etc., etc., can’t hoard all the talent two or three deep because kids will want to play, and there will be many places that give that opportunity.

I would not be disappointed if Lane Kiffin was the head coach at Notre Dame. A damn good offensive mind.

I do know it will never happen.

I would not be disappointed if Lane Kiffin was the head coach at Notre Dame. A damn good offensive mind.

I do know it will never happen.
Agree…it will never happen!

At Notre Dame, he'd never survive the vetting process. Mississippi? Certainly. Florida? Certainly.

That said, again, a damn good offensive coach who has matured and evolved into a damn good head coach.

And that's the problem with ND culture. Notre Dame should be doing everything in its power/within the rules to provide an advantage for Notre Dame Football; not acting like self-righteous asshats that are too good for everybody

Reactions: notredame79
And that's the problem with ND culture. Notre Dame should be doing everything in its power/within the rules to provide an advantage for Notre Dame Football; not acting like self-righteous asshats that are too good for everybody
Well, there goes this thread.

You are the perfect Ole Miss fan. Do you have a Kiffen bobblehead in your room?

That's awesome. How many of his players could succeed at ND?
Tony Rice failed the SAT. Had to sit out a year as a Prop 48. Went to HS in Woodruff, South Carolina. Then graduated from ND in 4 years.

Monk Malloy changed all of that. Now Tony Rice would never be accepted.

I believe many could if simply given the chance

Tony Rice failed the SAT. Had to sit out a year as a Prop 48. Went to HS in Woodruff, South Carolina. Then graduated from ND in 4 years.

Doubt it.

Absolutely!!!!

Let's lie, cheat, steal, whatever it takes!!!

Reactions: Pennick4
My son, who was not much of a scholar, went to Ole Miss. He said it was an absolute joke, with assistant coaches calling players during tests and telling them they had to report for film study or whatever, with profs excusing them and allowing them to complete the exams under very shady circumstances.

Chaseball doesn't understand the first thing about ND. Why he wastes so much time on this board is truly a mystery.

Chaseball doesn't understand the first thing about ND. Why he wastes so much time on this board is truly a mystery.
All that Chase knows about ND is that it's a football team.

I really doubt he's ever seen the inside of a college classroom, since he doesn't realize the value of a degree. Especially one from Notre Dame.

Reactions: NDSMC78

More inane commentary. What should ND be doing to provide an advantage? And how does ND act like self-righteous asshats that are too good for everybody?

Reactions: Classic Irish
More inane commentary. What should ND be doing to provide an advantage? And how does ND act like self-righteous asshats that are too good for everybody?
Chase will not be answering that question any time soon, because he has no answer.

Reactions: NDSMC78
Interesting…can you please elaborate!

Two NY6's in the last 3 years.

Not bad for an Ole Miss.

Those NY6 numbers are decent.
You showed the QB numbers. And that's what I'm referencing. They weren't that great. I didn't make a comment about Ole Miss as I dont care. But I hope they destroy ped state

You showed the QB numbers. And that's what I'm referencing. They weren't that great. I didn't make a comment about Ole Miss as I dont care. But I hope they destroy ped state
Comparing 2022 Riley Leonard and 2023 Jaxson Dart numbers.

250-391, 63.9%, 2967, 20-6---2022 Leonard
208-318, 65.4%, 2985, 20-5--- 2023 Dart

IMO, both are very good seasons.

Last edited:

How many top recruits who are are not academically eligible are trying to come to Notre Dame? If we brought prop 48 back, do we believe all of the sudden 5stars would decide to try ND? I certainly don’t see it in this climate.

I had multiple classes with football players back in 2014. I can ensure everyone that ND does reduce academic restrictions for football players, maybe not as far as some would like, but they’re not held to the same standard.

Reactions: notredamerises23
How many top recruits who are are not academically eligible are trying to come to Notre Dame? If we brought prop 48 back, do we believe all of the sudden 5stars would decide to try ND? I certainly don’t see it in this climate.

I had multiple classes with football players back in 2014. I can ensure everyone that ND does reduce academic restrictions for football players, maybe not as far as some would like, but they’re not held to the same standard.
I had the same experience, though a little bit further back in time than you. I believe it’s even more accentuated now as academic expectations for any matriculant has risen year after year since I graduated..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT