ADVERTISEMENT

You guys are all crazy or stupid

Patrirish

I've posted how many times?
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2018
take your choice.

Or maybe it’s just some of you guys.

Notre Dame just went 12-0 and qualified for the National Championship playoffs.

Six years ago they did the same thing.

Of 125 teams how many have made it to the National Championship in the last six years ?

How many were undefeated ?

Yes, we suffered an embarrassing loss, but you have to look at the body of work and not one game.

It’s difficult to impossible for ND to make it to the playoffs with just 1 loss.

ND had no losses and you’d think that the Titanic just hit an iceberg.

ND had a great season...... celebrate that instead of whining that the sky is falling !

Come on, man. That’s all smoke and mirrors. ND can’t keep getting blown out every time out on the national stage. The schedule was so soft this season. Not ND’s fault, but they didn’t deserve to be in the game. ND is now a women’s basketball school.

Reactions: NDIRISH53 and 88ND
Come on, man. That’s all smoke and mirrors. ND can’t keep getting blown out every time out on the national stage. The schedule was so soft this season. Not ND’s fault, but they didn’t deserve to be in the game. ND is now a women’s basketball school.
Extremely well put.

Not sure how anyone can say we didn’t deserve to be there. Undefeated against a decently rated schedule. What more could we do?

take your choice.

Of 125 teams how many have made it to the National Championship in the last six years ?

Yes, we suffered an embarrassing loss, but you have to look at the body of work and not one game.

It’s difficult to impossible for ND to make it to the playoffs with just 1 loss.

ND had a great season...... celebrate that instead of whining that the sky is falling !

That’s what some here do, complain & whine.

When ND is going undefeated you don’t hear from them. Then ND loses & they come out of hiding to complain.

They live for message board drama. It’s the equivalent of 13 year olds on instagram.

take your choice.

They did have a great regular season and if this was BK first rodeo in a big bowl game with an outcome like this it could be excusable.

What we have is the third time in the biggest stage of BK tenure and results are all the same.

A respectable performance at this point is the goal. Forget the win. Just play respectable football against good teams, good coaches especially when we've tons of time to prepare.

Is that too much to ask? I don't think so.

Reactions: rgc7

When ND is going undefeated you don’t hear from them. Then ND loses & they come out of hiding to complain.

They live for message board drama. It’s the equivalent of 13 year olds on instagram.
Wrong. I've taken the coming to Jesus moment by BK with a grain of salt instead of biting hook, line and sinker like you and about half the board.

I think I was asked a million times this year on here by people saying are you ready to admit BK is this or that....i said repeatedly when we play respectable football on the highest of stages then sure I'll gladly admit he's turned a corner.

I usually don't speak for others but a lot of people on this board has similar thoughts and havr been here all year.

The only ones that hide are the BK apologists...then after a Michigan game or something...look out.

After a trouncing they are M.I.A.

take your choice.

How long have you experienced this feeling that you as the only knowledgeable person, were alone in the world.

Not sure how anyone can say we didn’t deserve to be there. Undefeated against a decently rated schedule. What more could we do?

I’m a diehard Irish fan. I didn’t attend the school but had family who taught there and went to school there.
Looking @ the game unfortunately the ESPN talking heads were correct. The Irish did not belong there. I guess a 2 loss Georgia team would in my humble opinion be a more competitive game.
Any way ND be able to schedule some SEC games?

Since when are USC, Michigan, Stanford, Florida State and Northwestern considered soft these days ?

They did have a great regular season and if this was BK first rodeo in a big bowl game with an outcome like this it could be excusable.

What we have is the third time in the biggest stage of BK tenure and results are all the same.

A respectable performance at this point is the goal. Forget the win. Just play respectable football against good teams, good coaches especially when we've tons of time to prepare.

It was 3-3 after one and the ND qb layed a big steamer all game long. Yeah,coaches fault.

Reactions: jcswoopnh
Wrong. I've taken the coming to Jesus moment by BK with a grain of salt instead of biting hook, line and sinker like you and about half the board.

I think I was asked a million times this year on here by people saying are you ready to admit BK is this or that....i said repeatedly when we play respectable football on the highest of stages then sure I'll gladly admit he's turned a corner.

I usually don't speak for others but a lot of people on this board has similar thoughts and havr been here all year.

The only ones that hide are the BK apologists...then after a Michigan game or something...look out.

After a trouncing they are M.I.A.
It was bad 8 minute stretch in the 2nd qtr and Book never showed up. Is there really anything else to say ?

Going 12-0 isn’t respectable, it’s incredible.

Very few realize how difficult it is to win 1 game, let alone 12 games.

As to the playoff games, IMHO we were out prepared and out coached, but I could be wrong.

Let's just pencil in three SEC teams with one at large spot. Two losses won't matter. Getting blown out by a three loss LSU team doesn't matter. You're in because of perception. It's not like ND is the only team to get blown out in the BCS/playoff era. #2 FSU scored 2 points in their BCS loss. #2 Okie was crushed by a way bigger score than ND in their BCS title game. And we all know about the lopsided losses in the playoff format. The media really believe that the two ND losses were the worst ever and perpetuate that BS lie any chance they get. ND belonged. What else are they supposed to do besides going 12-0?

Reactions: GoldCountryND
It was bad 8 minute stretch in the 2nd qtr and Book never showed up. Is there really anything else to say ?

YES,

It wasn’t just an 8 minute stretch, Dabo was kind to us, he put in his 2nd and 3rd string to save us further embarrassment. Why do most forget that fact ?

It was 3-3 after one and the ND qb layed a big steamer all game long. Yeah,coaches fault.
It wasn't just the QB
The running game as little as it was wasn't very good
The WR did little to help him out.
But let just say you are correct that the QB was solely responsible.?
Why didnt Kelly put BW in for a change of pace?

There is a long list of teams that have been blown out in BCS Title games & CFP games, but people only talk about ND.

LSU
Oklahoma (twice)
Ohio State (twice)
VT
Clemson
Washington
Michigan St
Nebraska
Texas

Urban Meyer & OSU lost 31-0 to Clemson a few years ago.
Bob Stoops & Oklahoma lost by 20 to Clemson.
Jimbo Fischer & FSU lost by 39.
Mark Dantonio lost 38-0.
Dabo & Clemson lost by 18.
Chris Petersen & UW lost by 17.

But everybody focuses on ND.

It wasn't just the QB

Correct. No speed wr to keep the Defense honest. Btw Alize Mack. SMH.

There is a long list of teams that have been blown out in BCS Title games & CFP games, but people only talk about ND.

LSU
Oklahoma (twice)
Ohio State (twice)
VT
Clemson
Washington
Michigan St
Nebraska
Texas

Mark Dantonio lost 38-0.

I’d agree, there’s definitely an anti-ND bias, especially at ESPN.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Actually they are a women's BB school and a hockey school.

If either one could generate the revenue football does they might just decide to go FCS.

Sarcastic of course but the fact remains Womens Bb and hockey are elite.

Football is not.

I’d agree, there’s definitely an anti-ND bias, especially at ESPN.

It’s the love/hate that ND brings out of people.
Nobody is neutral with ND like they are with 95% of the teams out there. You are either a ND fan or you hate them, no in between.
It goes with the territory.

Reactions: echowaker

I think we’re just tired of Notre Dame getting blown out in bowl games and having to constlanty hear “I told you so” from the haters. The standard is a national championship and we are still far away from that standard. Nobody is complaining about the year they just had, nobody. We would have loved to look respectable against Clemson, but once again got embarrassed.

LSU
Oklahoma (twice)
Ohio State (twice)
VT
Clemson
Washington
Michigan St
Nebraska
Texas

Mark Dantonio lost 38-0.

You’d called that Bama Okie game getting blown out? If that was us on the field against Bama, I’d be DAMN proud of the Irish. Okie showed so much fight and looked like a bunch of dogs. I didn’t expect a national title this year, I do within the next 3 years but that’s besides the point.

I think we’re just tired of Notre Dame getting blown out in bowl games and having to constlanty hear “I told you so” from the haters. The standard is a national championship and we are still far away from that standard. Nobody is complaining about the year they just had, nobody. We would have loved to look respectable against Clemson, but once again got embarrassed.

ND won 4 of 5 Bowls before, including two over LSU.
It was just a perfect storm of poop the other night.
Every close call went against ND.
Love & Okwara hurt.
Book playing horrible.
Clemson making no mistakes.

It sucks, but got to move on.

Going 12-0 isn’t respectable, it’s incredible.

Very few realize how difficult it is to win 1 game, let alone 12 games.

As to the playoff games, IMHO we were out prepared and out coached, but I could be wrong.
Nobody here said the season was shit.

I was the first to acknowledge the great season....but sadly I cringed on what lied ahead.

Truthfully I think most fan would take a loss no problem at this point if we played more respectable football.

That's the problem. You are remembered for your last game...right or wrong...its just how it is.

New England patriots had a great season sitting at 18-0...

Does that srason really sit on people's minds? Nope. They couldnt finish.

Sadly we are at a point we can't even play good football in those grand stages.

That's the problem.

You’d called that Bama Okie game getting blown out? If that was us on the field against Bama, I’d be DAMN proud of the Irish. Okie showed so much fight and looked like a bunch of dogs. I didn’t expect a national title this year, I do within the next 3 years but that’s besides the point.

Bama Okie game?

I wasn’t talking about this year.

They got destroyed by USC & blown out by Clemson.
I wasn’t countibg the Bama game.

ND won 4 of 5 Bowls before, including two over LSU.
It was just a perfect storm of poop the other night.
Every close call went against ND.
Love & Okwara hurt.
Book playing horrible.
Clemson making no mistakes.

It sucks, but got to move on.
Lol
Well played

Let’s not forget that Saban had them take a knee on the 5 yard line with plenty of time to score, otherwise it’s 52-34

take your choice.

I don’t think anyone is saying 2 undefeated seasons is an issue. It clearly isn’t. Looking at the bigger picture, when faced against the “ upper echelon “ type teams, ND got exposed. So the question begs. Should they have been put in the playoff? It’s a fair question. Now I’m not saying with their schedule and going undefeated , they should be kept out. But when you objectively look at the game and the disparity in talent, it’s hard to say ND is one of the 4 top teams even while going 12-0. I don’t know what other fans see. When I watch Bama, Clemson. Ohio st , Oklahoma and Georgia, I don’t see the same kind of talent on ND that those teams have. So I can understand why other fans call them out when they get blown out . Really, the facts clearly tell the story. Over the last 2 decades or so, when the Irish face an elite team in a big game they almost always lose and lose big. That is never good and it has led to the the reputation of Notre Dame being overrated. If the Irish want to change the perception, they to get top end talent and start winning the big bowl games when they make it there. Otherwise, this drum beat will continue.

It wasn't just the QB
The same reason his clock management is with a calender. Sense of feel in game eludes him.

Maybe he's just numb to the moment itself.

I don’t think anyone is saying 2 undefeated seasons is an issue. It clearly isn’t. Looking at the bigger picture, when faced against the “ upper echelon “ type teams, ND got exposed. So the question begs. Should they have been put in the playoff? It’s a fair question. Now I’m not saying with their schedule and going undefeated , they should be kept out. But when you objectively look at the game and the disparity in talent, it’s hard to say ND is one of the 4 top teams even while going 12-0. I don’t know what other fans see. When I watch Bama, Clemson. Ohio st , Oklahoma and Georgia, I don’t see the same kind of talent on ND that those teams have. So I can understand why other fans call them out when they get blown out . Really, the facts clearly tell the story. Over the last 2 decades or so, when the Irish face an elite team in a big game they almost always lose and lose big. That is never good and it has led to the the reputation of Notre Dame being overrated. If the Irish want to change the perception, they to get top end talent and start winning the big bowl games when they make it there. Otherwise, this drum beat will continue.

Notre Dame came within a hair of beating FSU, Clemson and Georgia during regular season games so how can you and others say that ND can’t compete against upper echelon teams ? ? ?

Let’s not forget that ND beat Oklahoma despite being an 11 point underdog, so again, how can you and others state that we can’t beat upper echelon teams ?

Seems to me that the problem is confined solely to the post season

Notre Dame came within a hair of beating FSU, Clemson and Georgia during regular season games so how can you and others say that ND can’t compete against upper echelon teams ? ? ?

Let’s not forget that ND beat Oklahoma despite being an 11 point underdog, so again, how can you and others state that we can’t beat upper echelon teams ?

Same song being played since 1993. The way they played the other night it’s clear nothings changed. Now we’re hanging onto moral victories or BS ref calls by Patrick Ryan.

Reactions: 88ND and rgc7
Same song being played since 1993. The way they played the other night it’s clear nothings changed. Now we’re hanging onto moral victories or BS ref calls by Patrick Ryan.

Not at all, facts are facts.

Losing by 2 or 3 points, especially in away games is indicative of the fact that you can compete with the upper echelon teams

I don't say they can't compete. Too many people on here want to look at players only. That's bullshit.

When two teams have one week to prepare we are right there.

BK's finest coaching hour wasn't even a win. The FSU game in Tallahassee was robbed.
Clemson...Georgia a couple bone headed decisions we could have won. Very close. That's the elite and we are right there.

Move on to a month long preparation game with the highest stakes and we are empty jerseys.
BK treats the game just as any other game. That's the glaring problem.

No emotion. No energy. No excitement.

Players are extension of coaches.

He has no identity.

The same reason his clock management is with a calender. Sense of feel in game eludes him.

Maybe he's just numb to the moment itself.
Putting BW in for a couple of series before the fame got out of hand couldn't of hurt but agree BK s clock management or lack off is a head scratcher

It wasn't just the QB
Book simply didn't let the plays develop. Too impatient and happy feet. You're playing a top defense so yes you are going to get hit. You gotta hang in there. He never did.

True , they “almost”won those games. They still lost. Also, in the last six major bowl games, which usually means you play a pretty good team, they lost by big margins. At some point you have to win. Not come close, but win.

Book simply didn't let the plays develop. Too impatient and happy feet. You're playing a top defense so yes you are going to get hit. You gotta hang in there. He never did.

How do you “hang in there” when the pocket destroyed ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT