ADVERTISEMENT

WR recruiting. The question needs to be answered

I am responding to the overall comments that seem to have deviated from our zero success in recent wr recruiting to a bashing of Driskell and talent evaluation

First, my biggest disappointment with wr recruiting is that we seem to make the same mistakes as we do with other position recruiting - we stop recruiting kids, many of whom like ND. And discard them and put effort into a more narrow pool of recruits There are many examples of this. And we continue to get burnt

Second— whether it’s Driskell, Goolsby, Tommy Rees or Brian Kelly - there have been many fails when it comes to talent evaluation. Buchner is a common element among all of them. Does that make them worthless?

Well, no. Only one of them is worthless and can’t dance

Now Driskell may like to hear himself talk but I absolutely think most of his opinion is spot on and there is no better example of that than his evaluation of the the red face Cajun talking, adoration seeking tool in Batin Rouge
Stopped taking you seriously at Driskell.

"Baton Rouge."

The fact of the matter is, WR's are a dime a dozen. If we struck out this year, nothing the transfer portal can't fix.

The fact of the matter is, WR's are a dime a dozen. If we struck out this year, nothing the transfer portal can't fix.
Well, using the 2023 Notre Dame Football team as an example, could not disagree more.

The lack of dynamic WR play hindered that team greatly.

Reactions: Kelso86
1. Gino Guidigli is loved by a lot of recruits. He's a very good recruiter and he has been here for about a year and a half s now building relationships

2. The amount of NIL money that Hartman and Riley are rumored to have gotten is very intriguing. Now imagine if you are a homegrown ND QB that is really good. $$$
Do you have any links to the rumored NIL $?

Basically -- if I am a talented WR, I want to go where the ball is being thrown down the field and having a QB who can do that.

ND has not had good QB's overall for many years -- save for a few decent ones -- who have gotten the ball downfield to a receiver with any consistency (yes, while recruitment has not been issue, development has been -- as it has been beaten many times on this board).

Yes, steps have been taken to address those things, but, now is the time to prove it. This is why Denbrock was brought in. Prove ND can be a very passing team (the run game is, has been and always will be ND's calling card). Then yes, WR recruiting can begin to excel like fans expect.
Potential sore spot from devil's advocate: Is it possible that ND's heavy emphasis and focus on TEs has resulted in a projected lesser demand for wideouts?

Has nothing to do with the sky. When the hard work to upgrade the quarterback room is done...and that has and is happening...corresponding hard work to upgrade the wide receivers should be evident. We need maximum production from the better quarterbacking....and maximizing those weapons is a necessity.

Potential sore spot from devil's advocate: Is it possible that ND's heavy emphasis and focus on TEs has resulted in a projected lesser demand for wideouts?
"Potential sore spot from devil's advocate: Is it possible that ND's heavy emphasis and focus on TEs has resulted in a projected lesser demand for wideouts?"

That cannot be discounted either.

"Potential sore spot from devil's advocate: Is it possible that ND's heavy emphasis and focus on TEs has resulted in a projected lesser demand for wideouts?"

That cannot be discounted either.
Don't think that is an accurate statement

Reactions: sjb75
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT