ADVERTISEMENT

WR recruiting. The question needs to be answered

Were you born yesterday? Best WR room ever? 😂
If we have the kind of season people on here are expecting, he'll be a serious candidate.

His talent with Denbrock and our schedule, stay healthy and make a run

Kinda odd considering the QB room we have.
You would think guys would be lining up to catch passes from cj Carr etc.
LSU, Alabama, USC all have very good Quarterbacks arriving as well.

There are really good QB’s at many universities.

If we have the kind of season people on here are expecting, he'll be a serious candidate.

His talent with Denbrock and our schedule, stay healthy and make a run
I can’t speak for other people. I will predict 10-2 and a CFB playoff spot. That’s my hope.

The wr coa h for Tate and Floyd weren't the same as when it was Claypool and Boykin so that is a terrible point by you.

The fact it took Claypool and Boykin til their Sr years to make a huge impact has to have some blame on the Wr coach

I'm not twisting and turning, you just aren't comprehending

It's not just one thing, recruiting. It's been multiple issues over the years including recruiting
The reason claypool didn't have a big year until his senior year was due to book. Book could not throw to the field WR. Claypool played field when boykin was boundary in 2018. Claypool also had wimbush who struggled to throw his soph year.

Claypool moved to boundary WR his senior year. In 2019 our field WR had 250 yds despite chase getting doubled a lot. That shows how much book struggled throwing out wide. The fact claypool got 600 yds in 2018 with wimbush/book at the field spot is pretty incredible.

Hines to USC
Meadows to LSU
Robinson - Probably Washington

We currently have 2 commits that would struggle to see the field at the MAC level.

Hines to USC
Meadows to LSU

We currently have 2 commits that would struggle to see the field at the MAC level.
I think Bettis us a good Mac wr but not a ND kid. Burress is better than that

Hines to USC
Meadows to LSU

That’s the reason for the transfer portal. The WR room in 2024 is not a weakness.

You like to cherry pick things to bitch about in a 2025 recruiting class that is collectively a damn good recruiting class.

I think Bettis is a good Mac wr but not a ND kid. Burress is better than that
If Bronny James can get drafted and play for the Lakers Jerome Bettis’s kid can play for Notre Dame.

Zero issue with the Bus’s kid on this roster.

Love to see a better list from one of the geniuses on the board than this:
Tyree
Flores
Faison
Thomas
Merriweather
Greathouse
Colzie
Salerno
James

Young? Sure. But great talent level.

Would enjoy seeing a real fact based response with names, but I know it will be nothing but ad hominem attacks.

For the slow group (of which there are many here) please see this refresher:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Golson5
Tyree
Flores
Faison
Thomas
Merriweather
Greathouse
Colzie
Salerno
James

Would enjoy seeing a real fact based response with names, but I know it will be nothing but ad hominem attacks.

Is this a troll post? Or are you actually serious posting this?

Is this a troll post? Or are you actually serious posting this?
3. The WR is stacked. Collins and Faison both in the 2nd group. Cam Williams not in the 2-deep.

Are you retarded? err I mean are you unable to read?

3. The WR is stacked. Collins and Faison both in the 2nd group. Cam Williams not in the 2-deep.

Your assertions aren’t even worth responding to. Never argue with ignorance.

Tyree
Flores
Faison
Thomas
Merriweather
Greathouse
Colzie
Salerno
James

Joking?

Last years WR room was phenomenal. The best (as a team) that we've had maybe ever.

Then half of them transferred.

I'm not worried about these guys at all.
This post is not worth responding to. Not worth my time.

Well, whatever that is, you’re reading old intel.
I'll say it again, For all the single ladies. This board is a contra indicator.

No facts.

I understand ma'am.

Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111

No facts.

I understand ma'am.
You said last year. Now you are using players from this year.

So slow down, try to make your point

Three hours, 10 replies. Not one fact.

No facts.

I wouldn’t go along with the archaic comment. The goal is to win the game, and the coach should do whatever they feel is necessary to meet that goal. Rees did a lot of the same stuff at Alabama. I don’t think Saban would go for the archaic comment.

If ND had better receivers, they might have thrown the ball more. Same thing with receivers being younger and injured. ND did what it had to in order to win.

The WR coach has been replaced. I don’t think a recruit is going to hold ND to account for what happened under a previous coordinator and WR coach.
Recruits will absolutely hold it against ND.

Recruits want to know that where they go they can play, can get better, can make it to the NFL.

NDs recent history with wr is to

1. Avoid throwing even when wide receivers are wide ass open...which can easily be confirmed via film...hence the archaic offensive plans comment

2. Have had two of the worst developers of WR talent at that level in a row. Del and Stucky. WRS that transfer are on record saying they learned more from you tube than the coaches

3. When was the last time Notre Dame had a first round draft pick?

Yes kids hear this. Yes kids take this into account.

He'll be a Heisman candidate if healthy this season
Amend that .. Heisman candidate if ND beats Texas AM on the road and stays healthy. Lose that game and he's DOA in Heisman race no matter what happens rest of the way

Cool. Now the mind readers have jumped into the clown car and entered the chat.

Three hours, 15 replies. Not one fact.

No facts.

When you don't have top level talent and you need guys to be developed by the wr coach, it does hurt.

Claypool and Boykin weren't good until their sr years. And Claypool is a freak. That should have told you
Bigger issue .... Clay pool and boykin were freaks before their senior years, but the coaches wouldn't play them because they couldn't do the full route tree....which is an indictment of the we coach and the OC...

If they are frees and can run one route...let them run that one route.

Reactions: Golson5
5 hours now.

We've had, in order of appearance:

Amateur talent evaluators (Legends in their own minds. Baristas in real life.) Check
Ad hominem attacks (As predicted) Check
Mind readers. Check
Opinions. Check

Facts? Not a one.

6 hours.

The clown car seems to have broken down.

Amateur talent evaluators (Legends in their own minds. Baristas in real life.) Check
Mind readers. Check
Opinions. Check

Facts? Not a one.

Cool. Now the mind readers have jumped into the clown car and entered the chat.

Three hours, 15 replies. Not one fact.

No facts.
Factual information is overrated!

It was a huge if as well for RB Jadarian Price in 2023. Ruptured Achilles Tendon. And Blake Fisher in 2022 who suffered a bad knee injury.

This is 2024, not 1954.
I feel better now, thanks. I have zero confidence he will stay healthy all season based on a reoccuring ankle injury and then turf toe.

I feel better now, thanks. I have zero confidence he will stay healthy all season based on a reoccuring ankle injury and then turf toe.
Good. You should. Injuries happen. To many players. They they rehab. Then they play again.

Modern medicine and being 21-years-old is a powerful combination..

Good. You should. Injuries happen. To many players. They they rehab. Then they play again.

Modern medicine and being 21-years-old is a powerful combination..
An overrated running QB with injury problems is not a good combination

6 hours.

The clown car seems to have broken down.

Mind readers. Check
Opinions. Check

Facts? Not a one.

Apparently comprehension is hard for you.

1. Faison shined in a bad room due to injury. He's a great athlete and is a good wr. He shouldn't be a top wr on a naty level team. He had 19 receptions and 350 yards and never had more than 5 receptions in a game.
2. Cam Williams is a 5 star recruit but anything with him is a projection. He struggled mightily at the beginning of spring before turning it on. By the end of the year he should be getting meaningful reps, but a naty lvl wr room likely isn't expecting him to star or start.
3. Collins is a three year player whose best year is 38 receptions and 500 yards coming from a team that passes much more than Notre Dame.

Your above justifications for a "stacked" room are laughable.
I think we loose all 3
Hines - USC due to NIL upwards of 300K is what I am hearing but I have no source other than what is public. IMO not a good ROI for a freshman

Meadows - I think it will be Bama over LSU. I can think about BK getting a win here but Meadows from what I have read wants to play in the SEC.

Robinson - Washington - They have told him he will have the possibility to play both ways. He might prefer playing defense over offense. We don't need more CBs unless he would be able to beat our Dallas Golden or any of the others that are ranked above him.

I don't think ND has had a game changing receiver other than a 1 year wonder (Boykin, Claypool etc) since Fuller (2014 and 2015 - last receiver to have back to back years of 1000+ yards in receiving) when most of these recruits were still single digits in age.
Brian driskalls podcast listener huh? I mean you basically quoted his show. At least give him credit

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT