ADVERTISEMENT

WR recruiting. The question needs to be answered

Apparently comprehension is hard for you.

1. Faison shined in a bad room due to injury. He's a great athlete and is a good wr. He shouldn't be a top wr on a naty level team. He had 19 receptions and 350 yards and never had more than 5 receptions in a game.
2. Cam Williams is a 5 star recruit but anything with him is a projection. He struggled mightily at the beginning of spring before turning it on. By the end of the year he should be getting meaningful reps, but a naty lvl wr room likely isn't expecting him to star or start.
3. Collins is a three year player whose best year is 38 receptions and 500 yards coming from a team that passes much more than Notre Dame.

Your above justifications for a "stacked" room are laughable.

Brian driskalls podcast listener huh? I mean you basically quoted his show. At least give him credit
A mind reader AND an amateur talent evaluator. Impressive. But I ordered and Ice coffee. Now run get it.

You're an anonymous internet poster spewing worthless opinions.

Not one fact in your post. Absolute garbage.

I get it, you're upset Driskall is respected and you're not. Try starting a podcast or something. See if you can garner 3 views.

Love to see a better list from one of the geniuses on the board than this:
Tyree
Flores
Faison
Thomas
Merriweather
Greathouse
Colzie
Salerno
James

Young? Sure. But great talent level.

Would enjoy seeing a real fact based response with names, but I know it will be nothing but ad hominem attacks.

For the slow group (of which there are many here) please see this refresher:

I think you need to learn the word "potential".

The room had tons of "potential".

Now for facts.

Tyree had to learn routes via YouTube because the WR coach ignored him

Flores was over rated, but a personal fav of the wr coach that frankly got more play than he deserved

Faison is an athletic kid who walked on and played great when called on, but he had less than 30 rec and less than 400 yards

Thomas barely played due to injury and issues with wr coach

Merryweather could run routes. So he didn't play. Again he posed POTENTIAL but the wr coached couldn't teach him and the QB wouldn't throw to him

Great house shines but had injuries

Colzie is a solid D1 wr but struggled with injury

James couldn't learn to play the position or get any run under the wr coach.

This group oozed POTENTIAL. However the issues with getting off the line, beating press, and running a full route tree kept them from being anything more than barely functional as a group.

These failings led to a we coach being fired and a new OC being brought in.

In terms of recruiting the future, how do you go to a parent and tell them you can guide their kid to the NFL when last year's team had all this potential and was awful.

Stop the nonsense and educate yourself on the difference between potential and production .

3. When was the last time Notre Dame had a first round draft pick?
What a tard.

1. Jim Seymour - Drafted by the Los Angeles Rams with the 10th overall pick in the 1969 NFL Draft.
  2. Tom Gatewood - Drafted by the New York Giants with the 28th overall pick in the 1972 NFL Draft.
  3. Ken MacAfee - Drafted by the San Francisco 49ers with the 7th overall pick in the 1978 NFL Draft (played tight end in the NFL, but was a wide receiver at Notre Dame).
  4. Cliff Branch - Drafted by the Oakland Raiders with the 4th overall pick in the 1972 NFL Draft (he played primarily as a wide receiver despite being listed as a running back).
  5. Tim Brown - Drafted by the Los Angeles Raiders with the 6th overall pick in the 1988 NFL Draft.
  6. Will Fuller - Drafted by the Houston Texans with the 21st overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft.
I checked ChatGPT and got this. So, between Brown and Fuller almost 30 years passed for a first round WR in the draft. In your small mind, that means none lived up to your amateur expectations.

Research things before spouting your ignorance.

A mind reader AND an amateur talent evaluator. Impressive. But I ordered and Ice coffee. Now run get it.

I get it, you're upset Driskall is respected and you're not. Try starting a podcast or something. See if you can garner 3 views.
Hahaha. Oh guys look he's just a troll. Go away Felicia adults would like to talk now

What a tard.

1. Jim Seymour - Drafted by the Los Angeles Rams with the 10th overall pick in the 1969 NFL Draft.
  2. Tom Gatewood - Drafted by the New York Giants with the 28th overall pick in the 1972 NFL Draft.
  3. Ken MacAfee - Drafted by the San Francisco 49ers with the 7th overall pick in the 1978 NFL Draft (played tight end in the NFL, but was a wide receiver at Notre Dame).
  4. Cliff Branch - Drafted by the Oakland Raiders with the 4th overall pick in the 1972 NFL Draft (he played primarily as a wide receiver despite being listed as a running back).
  5. Tim Brown - Drafted by the Los Angeles Raiders with the 6th overall pick in the 1988 NFL Draft.
  6. Will Fuller - Drafted by the Houston Texans with the 21st overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft.
I checked ChatGPT and got this. So, between Brown and Fuller almost 30 years passed for a first round WR in the draft. In your small mind, that means none lived up to your amateur expectations.

Research things before spouting your ignorance.
Cool the troll can use chat gpt but apparently can't stay on topic or contribute to an adult conversation

I think you need to learn the word "potential".

The room had tons of "potential".

Now for facts.

Tyree had to learn routes via YouTube because the WR coach ignored him

Flores was over rated, but a personal fav of the wr coach that frankly got more play than he deserved

Faison is an athletic kid who walked on and played great when called on, but he had less than 30 rec and less than 400 yards

Thomas barely played due to injury and issues with wr coach

Merryweather could run routes. So he didn't play. Again he posed POTENTIAL but the wr coached couldn't teach him and the QB wouldn't throw to him

Great house shines but had injuries

Colzie is a solid D1 wr but struggled with injury

James couldn't learn to play the position or get any run under the wr coach.

This group oozed POTENTIAL. However the issues with getting off the line, beating press, and running a full route tree kept them from being anything more than barely functional as a group.

These failings led to a we coach being fired and a new OC being brought in.

In terms of recruiting the future, how do you go to a parent and tell them you can guide their kid to the NFL when last year's team had all this potential and was awful.

Stop the nonsense and educate yourself on the difference between potential and production .
All I see are your opinions. And they are garbage.

Cool the troll can use chat for but apparently can't stay on topic or contribute to an adult coversation
Get back in the clown car.

This thread is about recruiting talent at WR. You ignorantly stated that ND was failing at this. Then you ramble about the great potential of the young talent. Which I said in my original post was exactly that. Young talent.

Get me my coffee.

Cool the troll can use chat gpt but apparently can't stay on topic or contribute to an adult conversation
Now use AI to figure out why not producing a first round we talent recently is being used to negatively impact current we recruiting.

Get back in the clown car.

This thread is about recruiting talent at WR. You ignorantly stated that ND was failing at this. Then you ramble about the great potential of the young talent. Which I said in my original post was exactly that. Young talent.

Get me my coffee.
Oh I'm sorry you think we are still conversing.

That's cute.

Now use AI to figure out why not producing a first round we talent recently is being used to negatively impact current we recruiting.
30 year without one.

So much talent there, I won't waste my time listing all the great WR's that played at ND during that time.

Iced coffee please.

john and mirer a late edition to the UFC Fight Night card this evening?

Did Michael Floyd not go in the 1st round? I honestly don't recall. I guess Golden Tate didn't due to size. We definitely need more big time skill recruits. I can't believe more didn't amount with Clausen, Rudolph, Floyd and Tate.

john and mirer a late edition to the UFC Fight Night card this evening?

Did Michael Floyd not go in the 1st round? I honestly don't recall. I guess Golden Tate didn't due to size. We definitely need more big time skill recruits. I can't believe more didn't amount with Clausen, Rudolph, Floyd and Tate.
Floyd did go first round. Nice catch.

When I initially asked chatgpt, it left out Tim Brown. So I asked it to include him and it came back and said yes, and it added MacAfee. MacAfee correctly being TE in NFL but he was WR at ND.

Then I asked it to include Rocket and it correctly stated that Rocket went to CFL and was not a first round pick.

The point I was making was ND is bringing in big time recruits at WR. But we lost a bunch last year and still have great talent ready to go this year. Last year the room was young but very talented. ie: they recruited great talent.

I'm not worried about the room this year.

When I initially asked chatgpt, it left out Tim Brown. So I asked it to include him and it came back and said yes, and it added MacAfee. MacAfee correctly being TE in NFL but he was WR at ND.

Then I asked it to include Rocket and it correctly stated that Rocket went to CFL and was not a first round pick.

The point I was making was ND is bringing in big time recruits at WR. But we lost a bunch last year and still have great talent ready to go this year. Last year the room was young but very talented. ie: they recruited great talent.

Last year didn't have great talent. It was good talent

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pig likes it."

Our receiver room was hurt big time by injuries to Greathouse and Thomas and Colzie and Evans. That’s a lot of talent sitting on the sidelines for big bunches of games. I’m not worried about this year either. We have better overall talent and experience and much better positioned to manage injuries.

Reactions: FightingIrish44
Our receiver room was hurt big time by injuries to Greathouse and Thomas and Colzie and Evans. That’s a lot of talent sitting on the sidelines for big bunches of games. I’m not worried about this year either. We have better overall talent and experience and much better positioned to manage injuries.
Agreed on all. Add to this the loss to the room from transfers and it's a testament to the staff they are as strong as they are.

I would assume that the success of the WR room will be, like the rest of the offense, dependent on the OL play.

This is an OL that appears to be replacing Alt without missing a beat? I would certainly defer to you on that as well but if that's the case, it appears they are gonna grow into a strength?

Apparently comprehension is hard for you.

1. Faison shined in a bad room due to injury. He's a great athlete and is a good wr. He shouldn't be a top wr on a naty level team. He had 19 receptions and 350 yards and never had more than 5 receptions in a game.
2. Cam Williams is a 5 star recruit but anything with him is a projection. He struggled mightily at the beginning of spring before turning it on. By the end of the year he should be getting meaningful reps, but a naty lvl wr room likely isn't expecting him to star or start.
3. Collins is a three year player whose best year is 38 receptions and 500 yards coming from a team that passes much more than Notre Dame.

Your above justifications for a "stacked" room are laughable.

Brian driskalls podcast listener huh? I mean you basically quoted his show. At least give him credit
Faison didn’t start until the bowl game , he only played half the season. He is a good slot llayer for any team

Cam I agree, no clue yet

Collins played for a worse passing team than ND the last two years since Trevor left… klubnik is not a good passer. I’m not predicting Collins has a monster year, but he could have his best year if he’s clearly better than Thomas … the winner of Thomas Collins colzie could have a good year

Faison didn’t start until the bowl game , he only played half the season. He is a good slot llayer for any team

Cam I agree, no clue yet

Collins played for a worse passing team than ND the last two years since Trevor left… klubnik is not a good passer. I’m not predicting Collins has a monster year, but he could have his best year if he’s clearly better than Thomas … the winner of Thomas Collins colzie could have a good year
Predict.

Who will lead the 2024 ND team in receptions?

Agreed on all. Add to this the loss to the room from transfers and it's a testament to the staff they are as strong as they are.

I would assume that the success of the WR room will be, like the rest of the offense, dependent on the OL play.

This is an OL that appears to be replacing Alt without missing a beat? I would certainly defer to you on that as well but if that's the case, it appears they are gonna grow into a strength?
Jagusah has potential All American talent, but I think it would be a huge development if he picked up where Alt left off. I think we’ll miss more than a few beats.. Fischer’s replacement on the right side is still unsettled and with more questions than answers as of today. Guard and center play will be much improved over last year. This line has potential to be really good, and it should grow to be a major strength….the question is how long it takes and the final makeup.

Crystal balls still have meadows to ND and boateng to ND also. Only Hines is now 50 /50 Just an fyi.

We haven't produced a good wr since 2019. Yes we have the recruits but we haven't had very good qb play here either. Our offense has been run first, OL and TE driven

I'm sure the WR recruits want to actually see the product on the field. If we have a big year throwing the ball this year that should take care of itself
I haven't read the whole thread yet but wanted to respond to this first.

Having a big year "throwing the ball" won't "take care of itself"

Having a football program loaded with NIL budget to entice big time prospects will though.

I feel like every conversation comes down to this point regarding NDs talent-acquisition right now.

ND *********DESPERATELY********* needs:

• MORE NIL/signing bonus money allocated to HS prospects (high 4 star and 5 star prospects)
  • MORE SALESMEN on the coaching staff willing to scrape/claw/fight for a recruit savagely down to the last day of the cycle
  • MORE RECRUITING WAR TOLERANCE e.g. "we're going to do what it takes to close on this prospect" and "we're going to fight for a prospect we really want even if he commits to another school" instead of "here's our list of demands in order to be an ND football player, take it or leave it"
  • MORE RISK TOLERANCE in the football program (e.g. blow $5M on the #1 prospect in the country) take a chance on a superstar prospect stop being so god damn penny pinching and valuing prospects at $0 this isn't 1985 anymore
  • MORE FACILITIES/LUXURIES/PERKS
  • MORE PLAYER-FIRST CULTURE (be fun, hip, cool, edgy, spoil the athletes for the multi billion dollar producing gems that they are) and stop taking yourself so damn seriously. I feel like ND can't take a joke and the brand is way too stuffy these days and it's repelling prospects that have options to play football anywhere.
  • MORE RECRUITING STAFF/BIGGER OPERATIONS BUDGET. Take a note from Georgia's recruiting operation ... they have a whole recruiting department the size of entire football operations budgets these days.

THIS is what would move the needle.

ALL OF THE STUFF ND REFUSES TO DO

"The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way." -
Marcus Aurelius

Last edited:
Tanook Hines to Notre Dame IMO is less than 50-50 based on my gut feeling. We will see. Would love to land the kid. He is elite fast.

Meadows is really tough to call.
At ND any 4 star and up recruit is only committed at ND until a more attractive school or a school who cares more about football comes calling that can offer more money.

I haven't read the whole thread yet but wanted to respond to this first.

Having a big year "throwing the ball" won't "take care of itself"

Having a football program loaded with NIL budget to entice big time prospects will though.

I feel like every conversation comes down to this point regarding NDs talent-acquisition right now.

ND *********DESPERATELY********* needs:

• MORE NIL/signing bonus money allocated to HS prospects (high 4 star and 5 star prospects)
  • MORE SALESMEN on the coaching staff willing to scrape/claw/fight for a recruit savagely down to the last day of the cycle
  • MORE RECRUITING WAR TOLERANCE e.g. "we're going to do what it takes to close on this prospect" and "we're going to fight for a prospect we really want even if he commits to another school" instead of "here's our list of demands in order to be an ND football player, take it or leave it"
  • MORE RISK TOLERANCE in the football program (e.g. blow $5M on the #1 prospect in the country) take a chance on a superstar prospect stop being so god damn penny pinching and valuing prospects at $0 this isn't 1985 anymore
  • MORE FACILITIES/LUXURIES/PERKS
  • MORE PLAYER-FIRST CULTURE (be fun, hip, cool, edgy, spoil the athletes for the multi billion dollar producing gems that they are) and stop taking yourself so damn seriously. I feel like ND can't take a joke and the brand is way too stuffy these days and it's repelling prospects that have options to play football anywhere.
  • MORE RECRUITING STAFF/BIGGER OPERATIONS BUDGET. Take a note from Georgia's recruiting operation ... they have a whole recruiting department the size of entire football operations budgets these days.

THIS is what would move the needle.

ALL OF THE STUFF ND REFUSES TO DO

"The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way." -
Marcus Aurelius
I didn't read much but I disagree

The same Driskall that evaluated Buchner and stated he was dynamic and will light it up as a starter? 😂 🤣

The same Driskall that evaluated Buchner and stated he was dynamic and will light it up as a starter? 😂 🤣
As did myself and Goolsby.

I thought Payne, Evans and Thomas would tear it up last year.

Driskall, Goolsby and I share something you lack. We're human and make errors. As such, one could say we are also more Christlike than you.

• Haha
Reactions: NDinNJ
As did myself and Goolsby.

I thought Payne, Evans and Thomas would tear it up last year.

Driskall, Goolsby and I share something you lack. We're human and make errors. As such, one could say we are also more Christlike than you.
I can point to other incorrect evaluations. Unlike you, I don't hold anyone up on a pedestal, only Jesus and His Father.
As for Driskall, the guy is a failed Division III coach who found a niche as a podcaster for ND football. Good for him, but again, I don't hold him up on a pedestal like you. Now go get your shine box and shine my shoes!

I can point to other incorrect evaluations. Unlike you, I don't hold anyone up on a pedestal, only Jesus and His Father.
As for Driskall, the guy is a failed Division III coach who found a niche as a podcaster for ND football. Good for him, but again, I don't hold him up on a pedestal like you. Now go get your shine box and shine my shoes!
Knock yourself out.

Again, maybe you can get 3 viewers.

If you knew how to use a computer, you would see that I forwarded a different thread. You said nothing in that thread because it was not according to your narrative. And you are unable to develop an original thought. Because, well, you know..

robert deniro bar GIF

Last edited:
The best NFL gms have multiple major misses and that's after players go through college. Pointing out some missed evaluations on HS kids is weak, especially if you can't day he's hit on many as well.

I don't particularly like the guy but he does a good job

The best NFL gms have multiple major misses and that's after players go through college. Pointing out some missed evaluations on HS kids is weak, especially if you can't day he's hit on many as well.

I don't particularly like the guy but he does a good job
“I don’t particularly like the guy…”

That’s being kind.

The dude is an asshole.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT