ADVERTISEMENT

Wow — Michigan sucks

We did not show up for that game. They did. I don’t know what the lack of motivation was for the flatness the team showed but it was pretty obvious. there is no excuse for the lack of effort.

Kelly can’t motivate, that’s why he’ll never get to the next level.

Bama playing without top players who opted out or injured, and let’s face it, Bama has no interest in-this game. Bama really does have a mission statement to play for SEC and NC’s.

I hate um but people should probably consider that this year, Bama isn’t very good. Especially without tua and particularly because their d has been bad for more than a few games now.

I hate um but people should probably consider that this year, Bama isn’t very good. Especially without tua and particularly because their d has been bad for more than a few games now.

Lost to LSU by 5 with Tua on 1 leg and Auburn by 3 due to officiating I'll call curious without Tua.

They were a ton better than Oklahoma I'll guarantee you that.

Reactions: notredamerises23
Lost to LSU by 5 with Tua on 1 leg and Auburn by 3 due to officiating I'll call curious without Tua.

Yeah, I would agree. Not quite up to Clemson/LSU/Ohio State, but probably a notch better than Oregon, Oklahoma, & Georgia. And remember that their backups are of course all 4 & 5 star recruits.

Coming into this game, Alabama's F/+ was 2nd in the country right there just behind OSU, and slightly ahead of the group of LSU & Clemson. The clear 4 best teams in the country IMO: Alabama, OSU, Clemson, LSU.

Just because Alabama was on the wrong side of a few games against some of the best teams in the country doesn't mean they aren't still one of the best teams in the country themselves capable of beating anybody.

Michigan played a tough schedule in the 2nd best conference in college football this year ... all of their losses will be to teams that finish in the top 5 or top 10 or so in F/+ this season. a 9-4 record given their slate is nothing to sneeze at.

They'll probably finish neck and neck with ND in final F/+ despite losing 4 games.

There has to be a massive perception switch with how this board views team quality -- ya'll are living in the stone ages.

"W is good .. "
"Lose is bad"

But there's just so much more nuance that goes into the quality of a team than what their final record is .. ESPECIALLY IN A LEAGUE WITH 130+ TEAMS WITH SCHEDULES OF VASTLY DIFFERENT DIFFICULTY.

F/+ neutralizes for schedule difficulty so that we can compare teams as if they were playing the same exact schedule. This is why despite Alabama being 10-2 they are still ranked 2nd in F/+. This is why despite Michigan being 9-4 they will still have a similar (if not better) F/+ than Notre Dame. etc. etc. etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: notredamerises23

Bama isn’t very good. Lol Great start to more Fake News.

I’d agree- I should have been more clear that they aren’t as good to their standard. And as you see they won anyhow I’m happy to be wrong overall.

Bama isn’t very good. Lol Great start to more Fake News.
Like I said I should have been clear to say to their standard. Shove your fake news nonsense. We can all agree taking 2 losses is not their standard.

Last edited:
"Wow — Michigan sucks"

What then does that say about ND (considering they blew our doors open)?
Probably could say we finished the season better then they did. If you were inclined to be an ND fan, I bet that’s what one might say.

Bama playing without top players who opted out or injured, and let’s face it, Bama has no interest in-this game. Bama really does have a mission statement to play for SEC and NC’s.
Bama has no interest in this game?! Lol. Right. They had plenty of interest. Saban was going ape shit on the sidelines and his team responded big time in dominant second half. So sick of this tired excuse that teams have no interest. Ridiculous

Coming into this game, Alabama's F/+ was 2nd in the country right there just behind OSU, and slightly ahead of the group of LSU & Clemson. The clear 4 best teams in the country IMO: Alabama, OSU, Clemson, LSU.

Just because Alabama was on the wrong side of a few games against some of the best teams in the country doesn't mean they aren't still one of the best teams in the country themselves capable of beating anybody.

Michigan played a tough schedule in the 2nd best conference in college football this year ... all of their losses will be to teams that finish in the top 5 or top 10 or so in F/+ this season. a 9-4 record given their slate is nothing to sneeze at.

They'll probably finish neck and neck with ND in final F/+ despite losing 4 games.

There has to be a massive perception switch with how this board views team quality -- ya'll are living in the stone ages.

"W is good .. "
"Lose is bad"

But there's just so much more nuance that goes into the quality of a team than what their final record is .. ESPECIALLY IN A LEAGUE WITH 130+ TEAMS WITH SCHEDULES OF VASTLY DIFFERENT DIFFICULTY.

F/+ neutralizes for schedule difficulty so that we can compare teams as if they were playing the same exact schedule. This is why despite Alabama being 10-2 they are still ranked 2nd in F/+. This is why despite Michigan being 9-4 they will still have a similar (if not better) F/+ than Notre Dame. etc. etc. etc.
Imagine a world where “L” is good ... and everyone can have a trophy

Thank God we aren’t Tennessee. They are getting pounded by Indiana. They’ve fallen so far. Their fans must be so discouraged.

Being a Hoosier, I am cheering Indiana on in their game against Tennessee. Looking good so far. Don't stop now boys!

"W is good .. "
"Lose is bad"

And now Bama has a *quality* win. As long as M stays in the top 25.

Don Brown sucks..riiiight...Michigan sucks...riiiight..they sucked bad enough to completely pound our sorry asses into the turf..STFU already!

Reactions: Kelso86
Thank God we aren’t Tennessee. They are getting pounded by Indiana. They’ve fallen so far. Their fans must be so discouraged.

"Thank God we aren’t Tennessee. They are getting pounded by Indiana."

Yet, found a way to come back and win!

There are a number of issues he fails to grasp.

One being each game is it's own entity. What happens on October 1 doesn't always effect what happens on January 1.

I don't think Michigan beats us like that if we played them again but on that night they did.

Don't think Wisc pounds Michigan 35-0 if they played again but on that day they did.

How does Iowa St who looked awful against us go into Norman and lose to the Sooners by 1 ?

How does KState who rolled OU lose to a Navy team we beat by 40 ?

There are things that happen in sports that are unexplainable and no chart or matrix is going to change or predict results accurately because of the human element.

Reactions: irishalice
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT