ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Game

I had the same reaction, but blew my post. Clearly, he is responsible for how disciplined the OL plays, their techniques, and player development. And given the question marks at a few positions, this is clearly a challenging year for him. But these are not yet the players he has recruited, and he will ultimately be judged by how his recruits perform.
I would like to think that Randolph's background and experience would make us confident he'll get the job done.

I had the same reaction, but blew my post. Clearly, he is responsible for how disciplined the OL plays, their techniques, and player development. And given the question marks at a few positions, this is clearly a challenging year for him. But these are not yet the players he has recruited, and he will ultimately be judged by how his recruits perform.
Most of the time coaches leave for one reason or another within a few years anyway. I’d say he will more be judged by what he can get out of the current players that he didn’t recruit.

Most of the time coaches leave for one reason or another within a few years anyway. I’d say he will more be judged by what he can get out of the current players that he didn’t recruit.
Maybe; but my sense is Rudolph found a program and location that checks all his boxes. I think he’ll be here long enough to coach his early recruits, which typically means four plus years. This is year two.

Reactions: Pennick4
Maybe; but my sense is Rudolph found a program and location that checks all his boxes. I think he’ll be here long enough to coach his early recruits, which typically means four plus years. This is year two.
He better get the job done this year

I’m not hinting at him likely leaving. I’m just saying that it should be clear to Freeman whether or not he’s getting the job done by after year three. After year three, your players are only rising juniors going in to your fourth year. That’s too long. It should be pretty clear after one year anyway.

At any rate, I’d guess he gets the job done.

Price is a more natural back than Love. Both are going to play a ton. I won't be surprised at all If Price leads the team in rushing
Love remains a potential star in my mind. You see glimpses of what he can do, but those bursts come too irregularly to say he is the best back on the team. I'm not anointing him the next Ricky Watters just yet.

I happen to like Price just a little bit more but they both are really slippery. We’ll have more data after this year. I like that they both are not satisfied when they get the ball. They’re thinking touchdown.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT