ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin going Mertz over Coan two years ago

Dec 29, 2005
was a godsend for ND. I can’t think of a true freshman QB that was a greater flash in the pan recently than Mertz. His Sophomore and seemingly his Junior year have been subpar to say the least.

Trust me, I know ND has its own catastrophe to deal with in the QB room but we got Coan for a year because they thought Mertz was the guy, worked out to be a much better deal for us.

while I’m on it, ND needs to look hard at the transfer portal after this season, I’m already reading about a number of talented young QBs with rumors swirling they’re not going to wait to play. Go out, find the best ones and have a real old fashioned QB competition.

I like several other here have been saying it for a long time, QB has been our greatest deficiency for quite sometime now, it’s what’s held us back. WR talent is hard to fully assess when QBs can’t get them balls, and you definitely aren’t going to recruit any going this way either. CFB is built on QB play.

martinez transfers from Nebraska to KSU and has played great, knocked off #6 OU and had 5 TDs. Penix left IU for UW and he’s playing great ball too. Oh and don’t forget Bo Nix, tearing it up for the Ducks in two straight against ranked teams. That’s Three QBs that left their teams and the teams are both out performing expectations, it’s not a coincidence boys.

Hell, even that kid Brian Kelly brought into LSU is playing pretty well.

Just look to the portal…

I suspect the Portal will have some choice picking in ‘23; at almost every position.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT