ADVERTISEMENT

Who are you Top 4?

Dec 29, 2005
This week is the first CFB Playoff Committee Ranking. There are currently five unbeaten P5 teams, so who is left out at this time?

AP Ranking
#1 - UGA
#2 - UM
#3 - OSU
#4 - FSU
# 5 - UW

My top 4 - OSU, UM, UGA, FSU, UW (5)
Anyone that knows me, knows that I have a strong dislike of OSU, with that said I would place them #1 at this time. They have two high quality wins, beating two top 10 teams in ND and PSU, they have the best player in the nation in Harrison Jr. They are playing terrific defense with a complimentary offense which is a vastly different approach than the Buckeyes have shown the past decade.

UM, with all the controversy and a weak schedule this far, what they have done on the field is still incredibly impressive. Their margin of victory is 40 - 6 through eight games. I heard that is the best ratio in over 60 years through 8 games. JJ McCarthy is second in the NCAA in passing efficiency at 199!! They are the 3rd in total defense, and first in scoring by nearly four points, and 9th in rush defense and number one in redzone defense.

UGA - well, for being two time defending champs they’ve kind of been under the radar. The main thing with them is their 25 game win streak. I do think they are playing their best football now, they smacked UK, and FL today, they are near the top in total defense as usual, Beck is playing very efficiently and not turning it over, the running game has gotten stronger the last 3-4 games, the team is just really really good. I think their biggest obstacle remaining is a pretty good Ole Miss team. They seem to be on cruise co trip right now.

FSU - this was tough because I think UW has the best win outside of Texas over Bama. I think Oregon blew it more then UW took it though. Oregon HC Lanning made some significant blunders that cost Oregon in that game. The past few weeks FSU appears to be getting stronger while UW has struggled against a couple of 1 & 2 win teams. FSU has a much easier remaining slate than UW who faces USC, Utah, OSU, and Wazzu, whereas FSU’s only real foes remaining are Miami, and @FL. FSU and UW have similar offensive numbers, FSU is a little more balanced but is better defensively then UW IMO.

This week is the first CFB Playoff Committee Ranking. There are currently five unbeaten P5 teams, so who is left out at this time?

AP Ranking
#1 - UGA
#2 - UM
#3 - OSU
#4 - FSU
# 5 - UW

Anyone that knows me, knows that I have a strong dislike of OSU, with that said I would place them #1 at this time. They have two high quality wins, beating two top 10 teams in ND and PSU, they have the best player in the nation in Harrison Jr. They are playing terrific defense with a complimentary offense which is a vastly different approach than the Buckeyes have shown the past decade.

UM, with all the controversy and a weak schedule this far, what they have done on the field is still incredibly impressive. Their margin of victory is 40 - 6 through eight games. I heard that is the best ratio in over 60 years through 8 games. JJ McCarthy is second in the NCAA in passing efficiency at 199!! They are the 3rd in total defense, and first in scoring by nearly four points, and 9th in rush defense and number one in redzone defense.

UGA - well, for being two time defending champs they’ve kind of been under the radar. The main thing with them is their 25 game win streak. I do think they are playing their best football now, they smacked UK, and FL today, they are near the top in total defense as usual, Beck is playing very efficiently and not turning it over, the running game has gotten stronger the last 3-4 games, the team is just really really good. I think their biggest obstacle remaining is a pretty good Ole Miss team. They seem to be on cruise co trip right now.

FSU - this was tough because I think UW has the best win outside of Texas over Bama. I think Oregon blew it more then UW took it though. Oregon HC Lanning made some significant blunders that cost Oregon in that game. The past few weeks FSU appears to be getting stronger while UW has struggled against a couple of 1 & 2 win teams. FSU has a much easier remaining slate than UW who faces USC, Utah, OSU, and Wazzu, whereas FSU’s only real foes remaining are Miami, and @FL. FSU and UW have similar offensive numbers, FSU is a little more balanced but is better defensively then UW IMO.
1. Ohio St.
2. Florida St.
3. Washington
4. Georgia

Reactions: ftnfan62

AP Ranking
#1 - UGA
#2 - UM
#3 - OSU
#4 - FSU
# 5 - UW

#1 - UGA
#2 - UW
#3 - OSU
#4 - UM

UM and FSU's SOS not there but UM looks more dominant

If schedule matters, which it should, SBJ75 has my vote.

IF its polls based, its the first one.

Shows 100 vs 111....so technically yes......but it seems like you should have to break 100 to be ranked in the top 10. hahaha

Florida St should already be ahead of Michigan. But, If LSU can beat Alabama on Saturday night that should give FSU a bump. Florida State is likely going to win out.

Top 4 for who has actually earned their ranking on the field:

1. Ohio St
2. Florida St
3. Washington
4. Texas

Top 4 best teams IMO:

1. Georgia
2. Ohio St
3. Oregon
4. Michigan

Earned on field:

1) OSU
2) FSU
3) Texas
4) Washington

Eye test:

1) Michigan
2) Georgia
3) Oregon
4) Ohio State

Then they also have to leave Georgia out of the top four. That isn't happening.
Georgia is where they are because they are back to back national champs.

They also have three straight ranked opponents upcoming, vs Mizzou, vs Ole Miss and at Tennessee. The teams they played in the SEC this year, perhaps except Vandy, would beat the garbage Michigan has played in the Big 10. The Big 10 is awful, 8 of the 11 lowest scoring offenses in the country reside in the Big 10.

Georgia is where they are because they are back to back national champs.

They also have three straight ranked opponents upcoming, vs Mizzou, vs Ole Miss and at Tennessee. The teams they played in the SEC this year, perhaps except Vandy, would beat the garbage Michigan has played in the Big 10. The Big 10 is awful, 8 of the 11 lowest scoring offenses in the country reside in the Big 10.

Previous years do not count. The SEC is down this year. Look at their games vs other conferences for confirmation. LSU & Bama have both lost OOC.

Georgia has looked good lately, but had some close calls this year. Not as consistent this year as Michigan.

Previous years do not count. The SEC is down this year. Look at their games vs other conferences for confirmation. LSU & Bama have both lost OOC.

Georgia has looked good lately, but had some close calls this year. Not as consistent this year as Michigan.
Michigan hasn't done anything.

Best 4 teams?
UGA
OSU
FSU
Oregon

But since Oregon lost

UGA
OSU
FSU
UW
Meat Chicken
Oregon

I agree the SEC is down, but the quality of Michigan's opponents are atrocious. The Big 10 stinks.

Florida St should already be ahead of Michigan. But, If LSU can beat Alabama on Saturday night that should give FSU a bump. Florida State is likely going to win out.
My money is on big game Brian losing to AL

I agree the SEC is down, but the quality of Michigan's opponents are atrocious. The Big 10 stinks.

Not atrocious compared to Georgia's schedule. Most would give Georgia's SOS the edge, but then Michigan has looked more consistent throughout the season. See Georgia 27 - Auburn 20, & Georgia 24 - South Carolina 14.

• Haha
Reactions: NDblitz
Not atrocious compared to Georgia's schedule. Most would give Georgia's SOS the edge, but then Michigan has looked more consistent throughout the season. See Georgia 27 - Auburn 20, & Georgia 24 - South Carolina 14.
When you win the last two titles, you are currently 8-0, and have the longest winning streak in CFB, I have zero problem where Georgia is ranked.

Michigan I have a big problem with.

What a cherry Picker. UGA 51 UK 17 UGA 43 Florida 20 Michigan's toughest opponent is UNLV and Rutgers.

When you win the last two titles, you are currently 8-0, and have the longest winning streak in CFB, I have zero problem where Georgia is ranked.

Michigan I have a big problem with.

Then you haven't watched the games. Michigan has looked more consistent and more impressive than Georgia this year.

Then you haven't watched the games. Michigan has looked more consistent and more impressive than Georgia this year.
East Carolina
UNLV
Bowling Green
Rutgers
At Nebraska
At Minnesota
Indiana
At Michigan State.
Purdue

Notre Dame would be 9-0 as well. So what.

Reactions: BM16
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT