ADVERTISEMENT

First half CFB thoughts..

Dec 29, 2005
1. Coming in I actually thought ND would be a one or two loss team at the bye. The way they lost to OSU is the crusher for me. So many ND topics to discuss but I want to cover all things CFB

2. UGA is still #1

3. The PAC12 is as good as advertised to this point. Even though Oregon lost, I still think they’re top 10 and will likely rematch UW in the title game.

4. Yes, UGA is still #1 but they don’t appear as dominant or complete as the past few iterations. I don’t think CFB has an elite tier this year as it does most years. I think there are literally 10-12 teams that could play for the title.

5. B1G East living up to the hype, three teams in the top 6. All could conceivably go 11-1. If the expanded playoffs started this year they’d all get in IMO. That said, I don’t think this OSU team is nearly as good as they’ve been the past 5 years, this years PSU and UM teams are better then their ‘22 versions though.

6. Heisman - no idea. I’d say Penix at this point, but I like Nix (best QB I’ve watched), throw in Maye, and Travis, I think Williams would have to go berserk against UCLA, Utah, UW, and Oregon to win it again. Not too many candidates win these days with such resounding losses on their resumes.

7. My early four for the playoffs - UGA, OU, PSU, UM. Also, Bama looks average but they keep winning, the defense is playing better and Millroe has been improving every week it seems. Don’t trust those SOBs.

8. Top 10 today : UGA- UM - UW - OSU - PSU - FSU - OU - Oregon - UT - UNC

9. Surprises - SEC West isn’t quite what many thought it’d be this year. A lot of irregular play.

10. Favorite team to watch not named ND : Clemson usually, this year UW/Oregon. Least favorite LSU and USC.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT