ADVERTISEMENT

Where the hell is

Dex should have gotten the ball on some of those 3 and out drives. Ian has no business chucking it down field on first and 10. That’s not his game.

Reactions: chitown sot
Why try and get Dexter the ball when the passing game is working so well. Foster figured him out after two series, so far chip has zero answers

Another post that reminds us how many know nothings we have on this Forum.

Just when you think you've hit rock botton with these dummies. A new poster takes a jack hammer and drils ever lower.

PS dim wit. The guy who coordinates the V Tech defense? Bud Foster? Is one of the finest to ever hold the job of DC. He had a game plan too you know. Or do you? #clown

Last edited:
Not humanly possible for you to be more dumb about football. You know NOTHING.
Oh really says the clown who yapped his big mouth on how Tony Jones was such a better back than Dexter. That alone shows how stupid you are. Chucking it up in the first half produced nothing. Only after Chip decided to start running and get Dexter involved did the offense get moving. For someone who calls himself a coach, you are quite ignorant.

Reactions: TOMMY_23
Another post that reminds us how many know nothings we have on this Forum.

Just when you think you've hit rock botton with these dummies. A new poster takes a jack hammer and drils ever lower.

PS dim wit. The guy who coordinates the V Tech defense? Bud Foster? Is one of the finest to ever hold the job of DC. He had a game plan too you know. Or do you? #clown
No $hit dipwit. Foster made Chip look stupid from the middle of the 1st quarter till halftime.

And what happened after that? Do you ever give any credit when it's due?

Of course not. Had VT bottled up Dexter in the second half, they would be complaining that we weren't throwing enough on first down.

And what happened after that? Do you ever give any credit when it's due?
Yeah I do. Chip got his head out of his a$$ and made some nice adjustments. One being get Dexter the damn ball. -3 yards rushing in the first half was an absolute joke

Of course not. Had VT bottled up Dexter in the second half, they would be complaining that we weren't throwing enough on first down.
Oh really genius? How many carries and yards did Dexter have at halftime? It was ridiculous.

No $hit dipwit. Foster made Chip look stupid from the middle of the 1st quarter till halftime.
No foster didn’t, book did. Book was the only reason Nd didn’t score 30+ in the first half. Other than the first drive, book played awful the rest of the first half. Nd has wide open receivers all first half, book saw them, and missed them badly.

Reactions: mirer03
Oh really says the clown who yapped his big mouth on how Tony Jones was such a better back than Dexter. That alone shows how stupid you are. Chucking it up in the first half produced nothing. Only after Chip decided to start running and get Dexter involved did the offense get moving. For someone who calls himself a coach, you are quite ignorant.
Jones is the more complete back
Dexter is the much better runner. There is much more to playing the position than carrying the ball. You're just not knowledgeable enough to comprehend that.

45-23 and Dexter runs for a 170.

PS in case you didnt know, a football game is 4 Quarters. It is not played from "the middle of the 1 st Quarter to halftime."

Thanks for illuminating your massive ignorance pertaining to the game of football. Look forward to your continued stupidity vs Pitt next week. I am sure you wiil not disappoint! #pathetichack

Last edited:
Reactions: echowaker
Dexter is the much better runner. There is much more to playing the position than carrying the ball. You're just not knowledgeable enough to comprehend that.

Elaborate on all the things Jones does that Dex doesn’t. The big knock on Dex was his pass blocking. Well, he seemed competent at it last night from what I saw. You’ve acted like a complete pompous ass about this debate. Since you’re the all knowledgeable Oracle, please explain what makes Jones the so far and away better and more complete RB than Dexter. List them or shut up

Man you are so smart. Not only does a running back RUN the ball they also have to pass protect, and catch the ball. So with your moronic logic Tony is the better blocker therefore he is the more complete back. Absolute stupidity

Reactions: TOMMY_23
Man you are so smart. Not only does a running back RUN the ball they also have to pass protect, and catch the ball. So with your moronic logic Tony is the better blocker therefore he is the more complete back. Absolute stupidity
Jones is the superior blocker and has been productive this season catching the ball. Dex has always been the better runner. No one here has ever disputed that. There is a need for all 3 including Armstrong.

You don’t know anything. Blocking is a HUGE part of the game idiot. Jones can be used in just as many ways as Dexter without receiving a hand off. He’s a different style back and doesn’t go down as easily from contact. Williams is a special talent that is hard to find but Jones is keeping the defense tired and Williams fresh. That’s how you get those big TD runs.

Elaborate on all the things Jones does that Dex doesn’t. The big knock on Dex was his pass blocking. Well, he seemed competent at it last night from what I saw. You’ve acted like a complete pompous ass about this debate. Since you’re the all knowledgeable Oracle, please explain what makes Jones the so far and away better and more complete RB than Dexter. List them or shut up
Who said far and away better ? Dex is the better runner and Jones is better at
blocking , blitz pickup and has proven productive as a receiver and is a more than competent runner.They need them both and Armstrong.

Lol Dex just isn’t a good blocker man. He’s getting in the way of guys at least but he got trucked a couple times bad trying to pick up a blitz.

Lol Dex just isn’t a good blocker man. He’s getting in the way of guys at least but he got trucked a couple times bad trying to pick up a blitz.

Every RB gets trucked here/there by LBers/DL. LBers alone are 40/50lbs heavier than most RB’s. Rb’s also mostly block from a stationary position while defenders have a run at them. Dex has been trucked once all year. Watch the other teams RB’s when the situation is reversed.

Other teams are aware of Dexter’s ability and they identify him when he’s in the backfield. They spy him basically which makes it tough to run screens or draws with him a lot of times.

Jones is less of a threat speed wise and when you put him in for Dex the defense may assume he’s pass blocking, so throwing him the ball can be very effective.

Ugh... the gap between the two running the ball is so large it makes up for any small differences elsewhere. I repeat small differences. Dex did well last night in pass pro.

Reactions: chitown sot
Every RB gets trucked here/there by LBers/DL. LBers alone are 49/50lbs heavier than most RB’s. Rb’s also mostly block from a stationary position while defenders have a run at them. Dex has been trucked once all year. Watch the other teams RB’s when the situation is reversed.

He’s missed assignments and looks like a below average blocker. If Wimbush was the QB you’d notice the problem.

You don’t know anything. Blocking is a HUGE part of the game idiot. Jones can be used in just as many ways as Dexter without receiving a hand off. He’s a different style back and doesn’t go down as easily from contact. Williams is a special talent that is hard to find but Jones is keeping the defense tired and Williams fresh. That’s how you get those big TD runs.
Jones hardly played last night, he didn’t do anything to keep Dex fresh, actually the opposite. With his ankle he was so slow the coaches couldn’t play him.

He’s missed assignments and looks like a below average blocker. If Wimbush was the QB you’d notice the problem.
Book had ample time and a good pocket all night. Takes the entire line and rb to make that happen.

Who said far and away better ? Dex is the better runner and Jones is better at
blocking , blitz pickup and has proven productive as a receiver and is a more than competent runner.They need them both and Armstrong.

Blocking/Blitz pickup is the same thing. Dex has closed that gap admirably. The receiving out of the backfield is very minimal as well. Dex can do that well.

I agree that we need all of our RBs and I have been very complimentary of Jones this season.

You started another thread saying name calling was classless. I think that's a good point and we should all follow it. So why are you doing it?

Last edited:
Blocking/Blitz pickup is the same thing. Dex has closed that gap admirably. The receiving out of the backfield is very minimal as well. Dex can do that well.

I agree that we need all of our RBs and I have been very complimentary of Jones this season.

Run blocking and pass blocking are not the same thing....

Watch the tape...3 down in the red zone Dex wiffs and Book takes a shot after throwing incomplete. That was the first block he had to make in the game.

Who said blocking wasn't important at RB moron? More time reading and understanding, less time yapping your mouth

You’re not paying attention then. I have rewatched every game more than a couple times and what you are saying simply isn’t the case anymore. I specifically look for this kind of stuff. He’s missed 1 assignment in 2 games and got trucked one other time. Might I mention that while he got trucked, he stopped the defender from hitting the QB. So in other words, he completed his assignment there.

Reactions: Get Nasty
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT