ADVERTISEMENT

Marcus Freeman is going to be the next Urban Meyer (on the field not off the field)

BodiTheGreat

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2018
Marcus never loses his cool during games no matter how bad it gets like against Marshall---. He is always smiling and doesnt turn Purple like Kelly. he wont put top players like Dexter Williams in the doghouse because Marcus realizes young men make mistakes but he needs them to win !
He is bringing in elite talent including QBS and yesterday he showcased alot of the players he recruited.
And they won a bowl game against a tough SEC opponent in his first full year as a coach.
BYU, Syracuse, North Carolina, Clemson, and South Carolina were all ranked before ND played them and he won.
Ohio State and USC were also ranked so that makes SEVEN ranked teams the Irish played in 2022.

*** In 2021 Kellys Irish played ZERO ranked teams compared to SEVEN ranked teams Marcus's Irish played this year.

*** And don't forget the only ranked team the Irish played in 2021 Oklahoma State--Marcus coached ! Kelly chickened out ! He didnt want to have another blowout loss on his resume.
Marcus's Irish came out fired up and got to a 28 to 7 lead ! Only to blow it because Marcus did not have his coaches like Al Golden and he was too busy holding the recruiting class together and giving press conferences !

*** I believe the Irish are going on NC runs starting next year ! I believe Marcus will win multiple NC'S like Urban Meyer but it will be for the same team ! Marcus will not panic on a down year ! And neither should we !!

Marcus is extremely intelligent and knows he needs to get top players and top assistants to win NC'S. He is a humble but driven man who is used to success--success is his comfort Zone !!

Everything is looking up for Notre Dame with Marcus as coach ! He is getting into his groove by finishing 9 and 2 with a great bowl win !

Marcus never loses his cool during games no matter how bad it gets like against Marshall---. He is always smiling and doesnt turn Purple like Kelly. he wont put top players like Dexter Williams in the doghouse because Marcus realizes young men make mistakes but he needs them to win !
He is bringing in elite talent including QBS and yesterday he showcased alot of the players he recruited.
And they won a bowl game against a tough SEC opponent in his first full year as a coach.
BYU, Syracuse, North Carolina, Clemson, and South Carolina were all ranked before ND played them and he won.
Ohio State and USC were also ranked so that makes SEVEN ranked teams the Irish played in 2022.

*** In 2021 Kellys Irish played ZERO ranked teams compared to SEVEN ranked teams Marcus's Irish played this year.

*** And don't forget the only ranked team the Irish played in 2021 Oklahoma State--Marcus coached ! Kelly chickened out ! He didnt want to have another blowout loss on his resume.
Marcus's Irish came out fired up and got to a 28 to 7 lead ! Only to blow it because Marcus did not have his coaches like Al Golden and he was too busy holding the recruiting class together and giving press conferences !

*** I believe the Irish are going on NC runs starting next year ! I believe Marcus will win multiple NC'S like Urban Meyer but it will be for the same team ! Marcus will not panic on a down year ! And neither should we !!

Marcus is extremely intelligent and knows he needs to get top players and top assistants to win NC'S. He is a humble but driven man who is used to success--success is his comfort Zone !!

Everything is looking up for Notre Dame with Marcus as coach ! He is getting into his groove by finishing 9 and 2 with a great bowl win !
In Bodi we trust! Go Irish!

ND can’t recruit the players OSU can. If Day loses to UGA today and gets smoked by Michigan next year my guess is Freeman will be the next head coach for the Buckeyes in 2024.

Reactions: adrian1477
ND can’t recruit the players OSU can. If Day loses to UGA today and gets smoked by Michigan next year my guess is Freeman will be the next head coach for the Buckeyes in 2024.
Even if Freeman fares poorly at ND in 2023 ?

Great post!

Reactions: Ndapolis1
ND doesn’t invest near the money into football. Also freeman will take the Ohio State job if offered. We hired a guy and a group of coaches that want to be somewhere “bigger”. For those older than 30, ND used to be better than that.

ND doesn’t invest near the money into football. Also freeman will take the Ohio State job if offered. We hired a guy and a group of coaches that want to be somewhere “bigger”. For those older than 30, ND used to be better than that.
Your act is old.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ndapolis1

I read an article... this goes along with what you wrote... and aids in why MF WILL succeed at ND.. I for one am glad!!!

Marcus Freeman is a mythical figure on TV, you know what I mean? The fact that we’re sitting in this guy’s office, he’s 37 years old, young African American kid from Dayton, Ohio. Went to Ohio State and all that. Man, this dude is the head coach at Notre Dame. How could I not want my son to be a part of this? (Leonard Moore's father! )

Reactions: rgc7 and irishalice
I read an article... this goes along with what you wrote... and aids in why MF WILL succeed at ND.. I for one am glad!!!

Marcus Freeman is a mythical figure on TV, you know what I mean? The fact that we’re sitting in this guy’s office, he’s 37 years old, young African American kid from Dayton, Ohio. Went to Ohio State and all that. Man, this dude is the head coach at Notre Dame. How could I not want my son to be a part of this? (Leonard Moore's father! )
” mythical” figure??? No, I actually don’t know what you mean. mr Moore should familiarize himself with the words meaning. And while he’s at it, malapropism

” mythical” figure??? No, I actually don’t know what you mean. mr Moore should familiarize himself with the words meaning. And while he’s at it,
Really!!!? He wasn't being literal other than it is HUGE that a 37 year black man is the head coach of ND!!! It's awesome actually that a man like JS and ND would take a chance on him!!! Read the whole article! So sorry if you are offended!

Reactions: rgc7 and irishalice
Really!!!? He wasn't being literal other than it is HUGE that a 37 year black man is the head coach of ND!!! It's awesome actually that a man like JS and ND would take a chance on him!!! Read the whole article! So sorry if you are offended!
Not offended in the least bit. But the idea it’s so incredulous that a black man is head coach of nd is flat out racist. either you’re 10 years old or suffering from dementia not to recall tyrone willingham. And do we really need to rehash how and why cmf was hired? we all want him to be successful but at this point he is what he is, a 9-5 lifetime coach , an ok dc, a really good recruiter and a nice guy. In this day and age a man of color getting a head coaching job isn’t as remarkable, ( thankfully), as Barack Obama being elected president. This guy isn’t Eddie Robinson, mythical figure is comical

being right is highly overrated, though I could be wrong about that.

"Marcus's Irish came out fired up and got to a 28 to 7 lead ! Only to blow it because Marcus did not have his coaches like Al Golden and he was too busy holding the recruiting class together and giving press conferences !"

But, he did have Tommy Rees -- the OC (retained by JS prior to elevating Marcus) who only put up 7 points in the 2nd half, with little to zero adjustments to what OSU was doing to ND in the 2nd half.

Last edited:
Fickell is the next OSU HC if Day leaves.

Fickell is the next OSU HC if Day leaves.
"Fickell is the next OSU HC if Day leaves."

Extremely doubtful at best. Unless Day gets a fantastic offer from the NFL, he is not going anywhere. If anything, Hartline is being groomed to take over at some point.

He is bringing in elite tale including QBS and yesterday he showcased alot of the players he recruited.

Bodi,

Bodi, I always love your optimism! I agree with you 100%

To me race doesn’t mean a thing, my only concern is can the guy coach and win, and I believe he can do both! He really had the team looking like a valid top ten team by season’s end ! Can’t wait for Next season ! I also like the job TR is doing .

Reactions: Kelso86
ADVERTISEMENT