ADVERTISEMENT

When is it going to happen?

nd4life211

Go Irish
Oct 10, 2022
USC? Doubt it. Caleb Williams is going to have a field day running circles around this defensive front. ND not taking a chance to drive for a field goal before half told me we were scared of making a mistake.

ND won the line of scrimmage and still lost this game. Rushing 3 on third and 19, the dropped pick, the failed pull by Hartman, the missed FG, the botched 4th and 1, etc… we finally had the better quarterback and we still lost this game.

ND is a like a toxic ex girlfriend…. Always waiting for her to change and just when you think she has, she reminds you that she is the same girl she’s always been. I love rooting for this team but I just want the experience of winning one of these damn games. 😔

Reactions: Zeester and cgaynor
USC? Doubt it. Caleb Williams is going to have a field day running circles around this defensive front. ND not taking a chance to drive for a field goal before half told me we were scared of making a mistake.

ND won the line of scrimmage and still lost this game. Rushing 3 on third and 19, the dropped pick, the failed pull by Hartman, the missed FG, the botched 4th and 1, etc… we finally had the better quarterback and we still lost this game.

ND is a like a toxic ex girlfriend…. Always waiting for her to change and just when you think she has, she reminds you that she is the same girl she’s always been. I love rooting for this team but I just want the experience of winning one of these damn games. 😔
So playing in 3 national championship playoffs in a 10 year period, 2012 to 2022 isn‘t a significant accomplishment

Not so much anymore. You eventually have to win a big game. Do you remember the runners up (or 4th place teams) every year?
It certainly contradicts and nullifies the claim that ND isn’t competitive !

Not so much anymore. You eventually have to win a big game. Do you remember the runners up (or 4th place teams) every year?
ND were paper champs in each one of those years anyway .. they were overrated by the polls (because of their brand name) and benefited from a lot of luck and soft schedules (or both) in those BCS/Playoff years under BK.

Reactions: Irish_inPSU
ND were paper champs in each one of those years anyway .. they were overrated by the polls (because of their brand name) and benefited from a lot of luck and soft schedules (or both) in those BCS/Playoff years under BK.

Don’t want to hear about soft schedules. At the time, the SEC was playing 4 cupcakes a year. ND didn’t. Look at UGA’s and Michigan’s schedule THIS year. I don’t care if they’re good teams. Being able to coast through your schedule injury free had/has its advantages.

Don’t want to hear about soft schedules. At the time, the SEC was playing 4 cupcakes a year. ND didn’t. Look at UGA’s and Michigan’s schedule THIS year. I don’t care if they’re good teams. Being able to coast through your schedule injury free had/has its advantages.
2012 was a good schedule but ND benefited from a lot of good luck (no injuries, several wins in 1 possession games, etc.)

2018 and 2020 were just really bad schedules and ND didn't really have any elite weapons on either of those teams (those teams had no upside) and got through to the playoff by avoiding any real good teams on their schedule in those years (with a lot of poor ACC teams and a down USC, Stanford, Navy) it was like the perfect storm

ND was ranked in the mid teens in F+ each of those playoff years while the polls had them in the top 5 (because of their blue blood brand name)

Reactions: cgaynor
2012 was a good schedule but ND benefited from a lot of good luck (no injuries, several wins in 1 possession games, etc.)

2018 and 2020 were just really bad schedules and ND didn't really have any elite weapons on either of those teams (those teams had no upside) and got through to the playoff by avoiding any real good teams on their schedule with a lot of poor ACC teams and down rivals

ND was ranked in the mid teens in F+ each of those playoff years while the polls had them in the top 5 (because of their blue blood brand name)

Every team needs a little luck to win a NC. UGA should’ve lost to OSU last year, but Harrison got hurt and OSU did a complete nosedive afterwards. Needing luck isn’t just a ND thing.

We were not in the Top5 because of our name. We were Top5 because of our record

Never. Every one of us will be dead before this program ever wins shit again
Unfortunately I came to that realization a while ago. Which is why i go so hard and criticize so hard. We need DRASTIC changes if we want to win at the highest level in our lifetimes again. And ND seems completely ok/satisfied/content with maintaining the status quo and doing business as usual.

You and chaseball (who liked this post), need to get a grip. I understand the frustration, but you’re being ridiculous with comments like these.

Every team needs a little luck to win a NC. UGA should’ve lost to OSU last year, but Harrison got hurt and OSU did a complete nosedive afterwards. Needing luck isn’t just a ND thing.

We were not in the Top5 because of our name. We were Top5 because of our record
UGA earned their Nattys by being one of the best teams in the country though .. they had to go through the SEC gauntlet to get there

ND had to beat up on garden variety schlep in the ACC and NDs key rivals were down so they went untested to the playoff in 2018 and 2020

The 2012 season was a good traditional tough ND schedule but ND had unprecedented injury luck (the 2 deep suffered no real injuries during the season) and ND was in many tight games that year with some average teams

Reactions: cgaynor
Unfortunately I came to that realization a while ago. Which is why i go so hard and criticize so hard. We need DRASTIC changes if we want to win at the highest level in our lifetimes again. And ND seems completely ok/satisfied/content with maintaining the status quo and doing business as usual.

Drastic changes? Just an hour ago, you were saying how ND went toe to toe with OSU and their 5* team and we should be confident to be able to run the table. NOW you think we need drastic changes to compete? WTF?

All we need is an OC that doesn’t get cute, a DC that can count to 11 and a HC who doesn’t mind taking a 1/2 yard penalty to get his 11th defender in the game.

Maybe instead of drastic changes, all we really need is to not be dumb…

Drastic changes? Just an hour ago, you were saying how ND went toe to toe with OSU and their 5* team and we should be confident to be able to run the table. NOW you think we need drastic changes to compete? WTF?

All we need is an OC that doesn’t get cute, a DC that can count to 11 and a HC who doesn’t mind taking a 1/2 yard penalty to get his 11th defender in the game.

Maybe instead of drastic changes, all we really need is to not be dumb…
I said that we just went toe to toe with possibly one of the best teams in the country for 4 quarters and that it would be way worse if we got ran off the field. that doesn't mean i think we are ready to win back to back playoff games against the tier 1

even FCS teams occasionally go toe to toe with the best teams in the country some years that doesn't mean they have a realistic shot to win a natty anytime soon

I said that we just went toe to toe with possibly one of the best teams in the country for 4 quarters and that it would be way worse if we got ran off the field that doesn't mean i think we are ready to beat the best 2 programs in the country in the playoff and win a national title

even FCS teams occasionally go toe to toe with the best teams in the country some years that doesn't mean they have a realistic shot to win a natty anytime soon

So we should be confident in going toe to toe with anyone, but not confident that we can compete for a NC? You’re not making ANY sense with your post’s tonight Here’s YOUR post from the other thread:

We just went toe to toe with one of the best teams in the country for 4 quarters. Every opponent looks beatable after this performance.

Cleaning up coaching mistakes is fixable in season .. getting run off the field vs OSU would not have been an easy fix this season

Define “Every Opponent” in that case

So we should be confident in going toe to toe with anyone, but not confident that we can compete for a NC? You’re not making ANY sense with your post’s tonight Here’s YOUR post from the other thread:

Define “Every Opponent” in that case
I think the remaining opponents on our schedule look beatable. Who knows maybe that is enough to squeak into a playoff and anything can happen but i wouldn't count on it that's for sure

This program is absolutely headed in the right direction! Within the next three years, ND will be there…. Hopefully this makes the team angry, because they knew they should’ve won, instead of dejected, and thinking the season is lost! Also, Rico F and Jaden G need to be starting…. They are fearless

This program is absolutely headed in the right direction! Within the next three years, ND will be there…. Hopefully this makes the team angry, because they knew they should’ve won, instead of dejected, and thinking the season is lost!
Have heard this my whole life. Just yesterday this was “our best chance in years.” Now we are “headed in right direction.” Just give up

Reactions: futuredomer
Stop. Haven’t been close in my lifetime. Another season playing for Jack shit. Gets old. Waste of time, attention, effort, money.
Then you must be 2 years old.

Since when is playing in the CFP not coming close

Only 2 teams qualified in 2012 and only 4 teams qualified thereafter.

It doesn’t get much closer than that

You’re no true fan of ND

This program is absolutely headed in the right direction! Within the next three years, ND will be there…. Hopefully this makes the team angry, because they knew they should’ve won, instead of dejected, and thinking the season is lost! Also, Rico F and Jaden G need to be starting…. They are fearless
Why aren't they there now? We have the talent. We have the QB.

Not the right coaches, an improvement but the coordinators have to get better (and Freeman)

Have heard this my whole life. Just yesterday this was “our best chance in years.” Now we are “headed in right direction.” Just give up
You can (you will). I’m not.

ND will be in a major bowl game, and will finish Top-10.

I said that we just went toe to toe with possibly one of the best teams in the country for 4 quarters and that it would be way worse if we got ran off the field. that doesn't mean i think we are ready to win back to back playoff games against the tier 1

Go jump in a lake . Go over to Bucknuts forum and suck face with the inbreds

Reactions: IrishMike409
Leave....
You leave. You guys accepting this shit is part of the issue. Haven’t sniffed a title in my lifetime. This is not an elite program, it’s a mid tier laughing stock. A joke. Next year will be even worse. This was the one year they were close, and it was the same old shit. And post game is the same old but but but we have positive takeaways. It’s a loser mentality. Marcus showed he’s not the guy. How can you still support someone you know will never make it. Same thing happened with BK. Hopefully they don’t hold onto Marcus past this season. Go spend money on a real coach. Not an intern.

You leave. You guys accepting this shit is part of the issue. Haven’t sniffed a title in my lifetime. This is not an elite program, it’s a mid tier laughing stock. A joke. Next year will be even worse. This was the one year they were close, and it was the same old shit. And post game is the same old but but but we have positive takeaways. It’s a loser mentality. Marcus showed he’s not the guy. How can you still support someone you know will never make it. Same thing happened with BK. Hopefully they don’t hold onto Marcus past this season. Go spend money on a real coach. Not an intern.
Leave...

Had what I am sure you consider a real coach two years ago who cost a lot of money...would he have won last night?

You're just stupid

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT