ADVERTISEMENT

What's wrong with Kelly? I'll tell you

Forget who the coach is, forget it's Brian Kelly ... any coach with this coaching record, over 7 years, at any major CFB school, that is supposedly chasing national championships gets fired for this crap.

Reactions: Nocalirish and 88ND
Arrogance...
Ignorance.......

Worst one of all....

COMPLACENCE!!!!!!!

Arrogance..I'm Brian Kelly and I made a Cincinnati team over achieve. I've made it to Notre Dame.

Ignorance....I'm at Notre Dame and I know everything. I'm the end all be all football mind, teacher, coach etc. I'm above pesky little things like special teams and red zone offense efficiency. again I'm the head coach at Notre Dame so I know everything

Complacence...see above.

I no longer need to be working on my craft because I specifically told you why above. I'm not even sure why I have to show up to the games anymore because I used to be innovative so that should guarantee me 12 wins.

And I give you one Brian Kelly circa 2016.
WHat is wrong is he is not a GOOD ENOUGH coach-

His coaching tree is NOTHING-

He never played at a level of college that would give him insight to the rigors of big time ball-

He is a pass happy nerd who overthinks a game and is not a master motivator...

His teams lack tuffness- he is not tuff- they lack discipline and it shows -

In the end i dont mind arrogant, stubborn, or even Harbough sociopathic personality- if you are a great coach- HE IS NOT and NEVER WILL BE

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT