ADVERTISEMENT

We Should've Known August 20th

D_Master

Posts Like A Champion
Oct 3, 2005
that we were going to have a leadership problem on this team. First night the team had some freedom after camp and 6 players get arrested. You tell me that a team with Manti,Jaylon, Stanley, Brady Quinn and on and on would've had 6 players get arrested the very 1st night they had freedom. It should've been clear to us then that this team lacked leadership, discipline and focus.

How is this even possible that with all the talent and strong leadership we had a year ago a year later we have a cluster*** like this? Oh how I yearn for the days of Joe Schmidt. For all the crap I and others dished out on him last year I would take him back in a heartbeat. At least he had passion.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Leadership is not instilled by coaches. You either have leadership qualities or not as a player. It's not taught. It's not forced. It's not ordered. Many great players were not leaders. DK was asked last night what he would do to bring the team together and he referred the question back to the team leadership. I understand you are uncovering every stone and searching every nook and cranny to build a case against BK and there is plenty of evidence there without having to scar the memory of a passed student or blaming the lack of team leadership on the staff. Sometimes chemistry and leadership is just not there. It's just not there so far in 2016.

Reactions: raycyrx
Leadership is not instilled by coaches. You either have leadership qualities or not as a player. It's not taught. It's not forced. It's not ordered. Many great players were not leaders. DK was asked last night what he would do to bring the team together and he referred the question back to the team leadership. I understand you are uncovering every stone and searching every nook and cranny to build a case against BK and there is plenty of evidence there without having to scar the memory of a passed student or blaming the lack of team leadership on the staff. Sometimes chemistry and leadership is just not there. It's just not there so far in 2016.
How do you scar the memory of a student who died based on the negligence of a coaching staff? It is yet another example of Kelly making bad decisions. Vince Lombardi will disagree with you analysis about leadership.

that we were going to have a leadership problem on this team. First night the team had some freedom after camp and 6 players get arrested. You tell me that a team with Manti,Jaylon, Stanley, Brady Quinn and on and on would've had 6 players get arrested the very 1st night they had freedom. It should've been clear to us then that this team lacked leadership, discipline and focus.

How is this even possible that with all the talent and strong leadership we had a year ago a year later we have a cluster*** like this? Oh how I yearn for the days of Joe Schmidt. For all the crap I and others dished out on him last year I would take him back in a heartbeat. At least he had passion.
Interesting point. Never had this problem with Holtz. Lou ALWAYS emphasized the importance of senior leadership.

No I don't think Kelly is the right coach. I was referring to the Sullivan comments.
Why is this such a taboo subject? Of all the bad decisions Kelly has made, and there are many, I find this the most inept. His lack of emotion and political speak after it happened was appalling.

I just disagree with you. I have heard some things that doesn't all to Kelly. Let's just leave at that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT