ADVERTISEMENT

We’re up to 5 portal players!

Get Nasty

I've posted how many times?
Jul 26, 2006
Some on here so don’t take any and instead just develop your roster. That’s a terrible take since your roster will be going to the portal too.

We got a qb, wr, safety/nickel, kicker, punter

We absolutely need at minimum 2 DL, ideally 3. One speed rusher and 1-2 interior

I think we end up with 8 players from the portal, all contributors

If we can sure up our DL I think this team could have a solid shot to run the table, talent will be there. It will then all come down to coaching

Some on here so don’t take any and instead just develop your roster. That’s a terrible take since your roster will be going to the portal too.

We absolutely need at minimum 2 DL, ideally 3. One speed rusher and 1-2 interior

If we can sure up our DL I think this team could have a solid shot to run the table, talent will be there. It will then all come down to coaching
How will the talent be there ? have you not seen how the tier 1 are recruiting compared to ND?

If Notre Dame faces any of UGA, OSU, Alabama they'll be completely out classed from a talent/roster standpoint (like nowhere near their level) and there's no way you go through a playoff without facing one of those three teams. They are also behind like 7-8 other programs from a pure raw numbers/talent point of view.

Talent is a long way away still.

Last edited:
Reactions: adrian1477
We need another receiver. Loy says we reached out to CJ Williams and he wasn’t interested. He seems to like Fickell and the Air Raid.

How will the talent be there ? have you not seen how the tier 1 are recruiting compared to ND?

If Notre Dame faces any of UGA, OSU, Alabama they'll be completely out classed from a talent/roster standpoint (like nowhere near their level) and there's no way you go through a playoff without facing one of those three teams. They are also behind like 7-8 other programs from a pure raw numbers/talent point of view.

First time in forever we’ll have a better college qb than bama Georgia or Ohio state…. That’s why we can finally win. Yes they will be more talented in others area specifically dl

Like Michigan and TCU

First time in forever we’ll have a better college qb than bama Georgia or Ohio state…. That’s why we can finally win. Yes they will be more talented in others area specifically dl
Mccord is going to be the most talented QB on the field when we play them, by a good margin

Georgia will most likely have a more talented QB as well.

Alabama unknown

Reactions: Kelso86
"First time in forever we’ll have a better college qb than bama Georgia or Ohio state…."

Not sure what GA or Bama have coming up -- but, McCord is an absolute fantastic QB at OSU -- and he has a loaded WR room as well.

"First time in forever we’ll have a better college qb than bama Georgia or Ohio state…."

Not sure what GA or Bama have coming up -- but, McCord is an absolute fantastic QB at OSU -- and he has a loaded WR room as well.
He may have the type of talent that drives draft stock? He might end up being another great OSU QB?

Right now he is just Dane Crist sitting behind Calausen, the sure thing in waiting that has done absolutely nothing on the field.

Let's see how all those measurable translate to the field before we crown him. Throwing to the current best WR in college football while in high school not withstanding

ND will have the most proven QB talent against every opponent other than USC.

We cannot take 3 dl unless we have transfers out on the dl. It would put us in a bad scholarship spot with too many used on dl. We need 1 interior dl. If we can get an edge to rotate sure...but it's not needed.

Pump the breaks.

We have a new QB that has played at a high level that is coming because NFL teams didn't think he could run a pro style offense....like the one Notre Dame uses.

If the oline doesn't play better than they did in the gator bowl it won't matter because Hartman can't throw from his back. It's criminal the lack of attention is being paid to how bad the oline pass protection was in that game.

No one knows how well he will pick up our system and how he will deal with the pressure of being the ND QB

He played in a little bubble at Wake. No pressure at all

Pump the breaks.

We have a new QB that has played at a high level that is coming because NFL teams didn't think he could run a pro style offense....like the one Notre Dame uses.

If the oline doesn't play better than they did in the gator bowl it won't matter because Hartman can't throw from his back. It's criminal the lack of attention is being paid to how bad the oline pass protection was in that game.
Totally agree with this. Plenty of examples; and I tend to point to Zeke and Lugg and poor communication throughout the season, but I was really disappointed in Fisher’s pass protection In this game. I thought Fisher started the season poorly in pass protection, then seemed to take the roller skates off and played well the second half. But in the Gator, he just looked overmatched against quickness and speed. I’ve posted before that I really hope Wagner or Baker or Carmody emerge as one of our best five OL and justify moving Fisher to left guard Where I think he would be elite. Contrary to my expectations, he has not been elite at right tackle.

Pump the breaks.

Yeah it wasn’t great especially early. I honestly think Buchner screwed up protections and quick reads making them look worse than they were. A combination.

But Hartman is better than the teams qb I mentioned unless someone new enters portal. They will all be starting very inexperienced qbs

We cannot take 3 dl unless we have transfers out on the dl. It would put us in a bad scholarship spot with too many used on dl. We need 1 interior dl. If we can get an edge to rotate sure...but it's not needed.
Huh? Getting a one year player doesn’t hurt our numbers

We lost 4 dl from this year

Pump the breaks.

Just have to assume the OL will be a strength next season. If it’s not, then we’re likely in trouble.

Huh? Getting a one year player doesn’t hurt our numbers

We lost 4 dl from this year
We have 8 dts and 8 ends committed to next year as of now. That's the top end of number of schollies you want committed on the dl. We have very few soph and juniors. This isn't the year to get rentals as a luxury. They don't need to fill their rotation just because....they need a dt because all of their rotation guys minus one is undersized. They feel (I disagree) they need a vyper because outside of bothelo there is no pass rush threat in that spot that has played.

They can't fill the big dt need because they don't hit the portal often. The edge guys they look at are projects which don't help depth.

If they get both of those then there is 18 committed dlinemen with a rotation of like 8-9. That's a waste if it's not a difference maker and they guys ND are looking at short of Lucas, who likely isn't coming,.

We are currently at 90ish schollies... So we really need two out for every one in at this point...

Just have to assume the OL will be a strength next season. If it’s not, then we’re likely in trouble.
Blake is underperforming. No other way to put it. I'm still assuming we lose two to three guys from this group as it looks less and less likely some of Quinn's guys will make it onto Harry's line. The front runners in spring are likely schrauth and kristofic. If that's the way it pans out we will see transfers.

We have 8 dts and 8 ends committed to next year as of now. That's the top end of number of schollies you want committed on the dl. We have very few soph and juniors. This isn't the year to get rentals as a luxury. They don't need to fill their rotation just because....they need a dt because all of their rotation guys minus one is undersized. They feel (I disagree) they need a vyper because outside of bothelo there is no pass rush threat in that spot that has played.

They can't fill the big dt need because they don't hit the portal often. The edge guys they look at are projects which don't help depth.

If they get both of those then there is 18 committed dlinemen with a rotation of like 8-9. That's a waste if it's not a difference maker and they guys ND are looking at short of Lucas, who likely isn't coming,.

We are currently at 90ish schollies... So we really need two out for every one in at this point...
We have 15 dl on scholarship next year including the 4 frosh… we had 17 on scholly this year…. We need more help

We have 15 dl on scholarship next year including the 4 frosh… we had 17 on scholly this year…. We need more help
We do not need more bodies. Especially with a potential shift to more of a 335 look. We need beef a d you can't get that via the portal. None of the portal finds post Fiske move the needle and make you better than playing and developing what you have

Mccord is going to be the most talented QB on the field when we play them, by a good margin

Alabama unknown
Hard to say how good McCord will be. He has what 200 yards passing?

Sam is a proven playmaker at QB. Has the ACC record for TDs

We do not need more bodies. Especially with a potential shift to more of a 335 look. We need beef a d you can't get that via the portal. None of the portal finds post Fiske move the needle and make you better than playing and developing what you have
There’s no way they can shift to a 3-3-5 next year

Vaughan is more athletic than any de we have, probably by far

Lucas could walk in the door and be one of our best dlinemen potentially

It might be worse the way the 3 and 4 star players get on the transfer carousel and wind up somewhere else in a different system.

Alabama unknown
IS McCord a qb or a safety?

SCOUTING REPORT: WEAKNESSES​

• McCord has limited range as a tackler, and McCord lacks the straight-line speed to be effective in pursuit.
  • Size will be a problem. He doesn’t have much in the way of take-on skills, struggling to shed once blockers get into his body due to short arms and a relative lack of upper-body strength.

Blake is underperforming. No other way to put it. I'm still assuming we lose two to three guys from this group as it looks less and less likely some of Quinn's guys will make it onto Harry's line. The front runners in spring are likely schrauth and kristofic. If that's the way it pans out we will see transfers.
Blake underperformed last year but was still good. I think this year he is likely very good and while everyone expected when he arrived he would leave after three years he may be a candidate to come back for a fourth year to improve his draft stock. Honestly though its up to him as he has the size and many expect he will likely play as a guard in the NFL.

Well, ND does face O$U, so we'll see there. I did not think ND was completely outclassed this year. It was simply looking like a QB, one that wasn't and still may not be ready to start, away from winning.

There’s no way they can shift to a 3-3-5 next year

Vaughan is more athletic than any de we have, probably by far

Lucas could walk in the door and be one of our best dlinemen potentially
Vaughn isnt more athletic than Burnham and probably not more atgletic than Botelho

We have 17 on scholarship next year and that is plenty
Only way we have 17 is if you are counting lbs that were forced into playing dline due to not having good enough dline … like junior, dude is not a DE if we want to win a championship … he’s poor man Justin A

Hard to say how good McCord will be. He has what 200 yards passing?

Sam is a proven playmaker at QB. Has the ACC record for TDs
This means NOTHING. the system he was in produced those numbers. It doesn't mean he's a bad QB but it does mean his numbers are inflated. He won't be near 4000 yards at ND.

Film says he is, he’s undersized though
Lol you mean his film at Utah St... The guy is not going to get you 10 sacks. That means we don't need him. We are better off developing what we have. He's not a difference maker.

Only way we have 17 is if you are counting lbs that were forced into playing dline due to not having good enough dline … like junior, dude is not a DE if we want to win a championship … he’s poor man Justin A
There is also the persisting rumor of. A switch to more 335 looks... And if that's where we are going we have WAY too many dlinemen on scholly.

Lol you mean his film at Utah St... The guy is not going to get you 10 sacks. That means we don't need him. We are better off developing what we have. He's not a difference maker.
I prefer Utah st film vs Alabama over high school film. Bama had to double him at times. He’s who bama game planned around you could tell

No one is predicting 10 sacks, but when it’s 3rd and long, he can get to the qb better than anyone we have, and we struggled on 3rd and long on D

Let's hope Rocco steps up and starts. Not sure on Kristofic or Correl to hold off any defenders. Saw way too many ILB blow by Correl this season on blitzes that he couldn't react to.

And yet TCU is playing for a championship tomorrow with a roster full of 3 star recruits and transfers.

No one is saying ND shouldn't hit the portal, but there are limitations. ND won't build a team with 20-30 transfers like other schools.

We have 16 and 17 with Junior. So your numbers are wrong

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT