ADVERTISEMENT

Washington vs. Stanford

the comment about putting more players in the NFL, helps endure mediocrity how?

seems a cunundrum

Reactions: cgvr
Here comes wonder boy to defend the love of his life after a 44-6 ass whipping at the hands of a program that's done nothing in 15 years.

2 Rose Bowl wins? One of over an 8-6 Wisconsin team that was only there because OSU was on probation. ND beat Stanford that year BTW
And one last year over Big 10 Champ game loser Iowa because MSU was in the playoffs.

The one time Stanford played the actual Big 10 champ they lost.

If your going to come on here and wave your Stanford pom poms when the win. Take your ass whipping when they lose. It's called being a man. Give it a try.

So I suppose you think Notre Dame would take Washington to task at their house this season

You keep sounding like the fool Count chocula

Except if it happened to ND and Brian Kelly. Then it wouldn't be "oh well". It would be Kelly is not the guy and anyone who thinks he is a Kool Aid drinker.

You and your "friends" hold Stanford up as the gold standard. And your gold standard program got demolished. And furthermore "we" (ND fans) have proven factually beyond a shadow of a doubt Stanford is not the gold standard or a blueprint to anything.other than never playing for a National Title.

However watching your little sewing circle scramble to make excuses after a 44-6 tail kicking is quite humorous. Time to jump on Harbaugh's jock strap next right?
At this point they are the Gold Standard when it comes to academics first universities, and the limitations of it

the comment about putting more players in the NFL, helps endure mediocrity how?

seems a cunundrum
Isn't putting guys in the league a pretty big hit on the recruiting trail Pers? Maybe that's why BK kills Shaw in recruiting? Don't high school kids want to play in the NFL?

Isn't putting guys in the league a pretty big hit on the recruiting trail Pers? Maybe that's why BK kills Shaw in recruiting? Don't high school kids want to play in the NFL?
I'll take being beat in recruiting for success, over being under achieving, but putting more players in the NFL.

Last edited:
Let's see....

Some of the above lunacy....

#1 nobody really knows just amazingly good Washington is or isn't. You can spout off Stanford was overrated...but in reality you've no clue.

#2 Standford on whole had one of those square peg in round Hole games.
They quit.

UCLA should of beat these guys last week. It is straight comedy for the board drones to point to Stanford and say "Oh yeah that's what ND should be"

Only USC and Oregon have played for the National Title out of the Pac 12 not Stanford.

And last I checked ND has played for a National Title the past 4 years. Not Stanford.

Spare me with Stanford

That UCLA game was a flat out brawl. southern cal the week before was pretty physical too.
Shaw is 3-1 we'd be 0-4 versus their schedule.
Also, Stanford doesn't make the sissy excuses like you and others do for ND.
Did you hear them crying about 260+ pound FB Daniel Marx being out?
Did you hear them crying about a short week, missing 2 starting CBs...?

they got shellacked.... It was a perfect storm and Peterson is a superb coach...
Throughout NDs history we've had similar losses. Would you care to revist southern cal being up 35-0 at halftime?
The difference between Shaw and porky is that one is a man and the other is a petulant, vulgar and underachieving Little Lord Fauntleroy....

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Hahahaha 44-6 with the best player in the country! Has Kelly ever lost by 38, not to mention a team with lesser talent?

Thank god his wife is amazing, maybe CG can ask him, from his knees, why UW punched him in the mouth and why he can't recruit in the same league as BK, why BK puts more players in the NFL, why he has never played for a natty, never made it to the playoff, his players who rape. This program is a mess :)

How many Top 10 finishes does Shaw have? Porky?

This board seems to compare ND to Stanford daily and their coach. He isn't better than BK and would be wildly unsuccessful here. Like I said two rose bowl wins against Iowa and Wisky wouldn't keep you happy.

It wasn't a gauge of ND's success, clearly buy rather the coach comparison. That should have been clear.

Stanford stole our brand...intellectual and physical brutality...
Porky's dad on right....
the-abbott-and-costello-show-stinky-akimbo.JPG

That would be a huge point for the anti Kelly crew, if he wasn't putting guys in the league. There seems to be a divide amongst the CGVR/Pers. either he doesn't recruit well enough or he doesn't develop the kids. Well, one or the other if false due to the NFL representation. And I say both.

He is no doubt failing to put together strings of successful seasons like the programs ND fans aspire to be. Bottom line is, only two coaches do that and they are both elite and at programs that allow them to be what they are.

well no shit, they play in the B10. The point is, would losing by 24 and 38 be acceptable at ND? No. The message boards Would be a flurry. And who's to say Dantonio can't recruit @ND like BK? He doesn't recruit that well @ MSU with better finishes, more lenient admissions. Not to mention, the previous 3 coAches @ND didn't recruit this well. As much as I respect Dantonio as a coach, it's an awful fit and something I wouldn't clamor after.

I accurately accounted for Mr Potato Head's placement of players into the NFL versus the prior ND coaches and proved that his numbers were underwhelming.

Do you care to revisit that Decker?

Except if it happened to ND and Brian Kelly. Then it wouldn't be "oh well". It would be Kelly is not the guy and anyone who thinks he is a Kool Aid drinker.

You and your "friends" hold Stanford up as the gold standard. And your gold standard program got demolished. And furthermore "we" (ND fans) have proven factually beyond a shadow of a doubt Stanford is not the gold standard or a blueprint to anything.other than never playing for a National Title.

However watching your little sewing circle scramble to make excuses after a 44-6 tail kicking is quite humorous. Time to jump on Harbaugh's jock strap next right?

Yeah, Shaw's winning percentage above .8, his history of top 10 finishes, NFL pedigree, and big Bowl wins aren't noteworthy. Shaw is driving a battle ship and porky commands the SS Minnow
Stanford does more with less and I have pointed out here on multiple occasions that they are vulnerable this year.

Shaw is doing a good job maintaining the program but by the "booger eating" Harbaugh. He is in a good place because nobody cares about Stanford football. He bitched for years about ND's great goal line stop.

Shaw is doing a good job maintaining the program but by the "booger eating" Harbaugh. He is in a good place because nobody cares about Stanford football. He bitched for years about ND's great goal line stop.

You're a piece of work...he has done nothing of the sort...

"Stepfan swore to me that he got in and that he put the ball over the goal line on second effort," Stanford coach David Shaw said. "Officials looked at it, and they said he didn't get in, so we didn't get in."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2012/10/13/notre-dame-stanford/1631797/

"Stanford coach David Shaw, during his post game interview, refused to comment on a few questionable calls. But he’s sure to approach some calls, at least anecdotally, if he speaks to the Pac-12 this week."

"Shaw, for his part, had this to say about the last play: “No comment.”

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...me-goal-line-stand-ot-stanford-stepfan-taylor

44-6. Yeah that's the program ND should aspire to become. Sign me up for that.

F.I. - you are a Dbag. Stanford's won FOUR big / BCS bowl games in the in 4 of the last 6 years ! ND has not won a BCS or big bowl game in last 20 plus years.

Stanford has had lower rated recruiting classes than ND every year ! Yet Stanford has averaged more wins over the last 6 years than ND and has won 4 big bowl games. Stanford has been a better and more successfull football program than ND over the last 6

That was 1 loss by Stanford and I called it two weeks ago saying as good as Stanford was again this season that they would lose to WA.

C.Petersen is a great coach. I knew Stanford would run into a buzz saw up there in Wa.

Bottom line - BK cannot hold D.Shaw or Chris. P's JOCK Strap.

Bottom line - IF ND had played Stanford first 4 opponents they'd be 0-4 right now and not 3-1 like Stanford.

You're a piece of work...he has done nothing of the sort...

"Stepfan swore to me that he got in and that he put the ball over the goal line on second effort," Stanford coach David Shaw said. "Officials looked at it, and they said he didn't get in, so we didn't get in."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2012/10/13/notre-dame-stanford/1631797/

"Stanford coach David Shaw, during his post game interview, refused to comment on a few questionable calls. But he’s sure to approach some calls, at least anecdotally, if he speaks to the Pac-12 this week."

"Shaw, for his part, had this to say about the last play: “No comment.”

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...me-goal-line-stand-ot-stanford-stepfan-taylor
He's a whiney putz like his predecessor "Booger eating" Harbaugh.
His team quit Sat night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT