ADVERTISEMENT

USC v. LSU

I don’t want to see Brian Kelly win a title. That’s not good for ND because it says ND was the problem and not Kelly. I want the problem to be Kelly. Plus I just don’t like Kelly.

ND can beat USC later in the season still and USC winning helps ND’s schedule.
👍

How could an ND fan EVER root for USC? If Michigan was on NDs schedule and playing LSU would you root for Michigan?

I don’t want to see Brian Kelly win a title. That’s not good for ND because it says ND was the problem and not Kelly. I want the problem to be Kelly. Plus I just don’t like Kelly.

ND can beat USC later in the season still and USC winning helps ND’s schedule.
So it's at least somewhat ND related? It's not just pure spite for BK? Of course it's mainly spite. But not totally. ND stands to gain something out of it too....

If he loses another opener, his seat will definitely get warm. He's lucky for expanded playoff or his seat would be hot.
80 million guaranteed on the remainder of a contract is warm as well.

So it's at least somewhat ND related? It's not just pure spite for BK? Of course it's mainly spite. But not totally. ND stands to gain something out of it too....
Yup…well rounded reasoning for pulling for USC. It hurts ND if the talking heads are pointing out that Kelly won the title as LSU but couldn’t at ND.

I also don’t like seeing a blameshifter win titles aside from whether or not they coached at ND.

How could an ND fan EVER root for USC? If Michigan was on NDs schedule and playing LSU would you root for Michigan?
Anyone who is a nd fan and does not root for usc truly does not understand the rivalry at all Our biggest rival has a relationship unique in collegiate football. There is huge intensity and maybe game day “hate” but always genuine respect This dynamic was forged by Rockne and has never wavered despite some fans of both schools acting otherwise
Just not the case

This is exemplified by sc posters like Beach

Go Trojans kick Kelly’s butt

Reactions: NDinNJ
You seem to be obsessed with how much money other people earn. I could care less about that. I will however enjoy when he gets fired for non-performance. He's a scumbag with the way he left ND.
Not obsessed. As I have always maintained, I was a huge fan of Brian Kelly when he was at Notre Dame.

Last edited:
It’s really easy if you live in so. California.

Really really easy.

I hope USC loses every fu….. game they play.
lol I live in socal. I hated USC a ton in the Carroll days. Now I dislike them don’t get me wrong but the Kelly stuff is more recent and it would also help us objectively if usc win.

Anyone who is a nd fan and does not root for usc truly does not understand the rivalry at all Our biggest rival has a relationship unique in collegiate football. There is huge intensity and maybe game day “hate” but always genuine respect This dynamic was forged by Rockne and has never wavered despite some fans of both schools acting otherwise
Just not the case

This is exemplified by sc posters like Beach

Go Trojans kick Kelly’s butt
Do you live in CaL? Because USC people talk big shit about ND. So that might be your solo mindset but 90 percent of the SC people I encounter lead with ND sucks when I encounter them.

I think USC wins this. LSU has a trend of blowing these early season games going back decades.

I do think its likely to be a shootout, though. Lincoln Riley doesn't care about defense.

I think USC wins this. LSU has a trend of blowing these early season games going back decades.

I do think its likely to be a shootout, though. Lincoln Riley doesn't care about defense.
Kelly is no stranger to beating SC. And Kelly spent the off-season revamping his defensive staff. We've seen him make improvements before.LSU is more talented and will probably win the battle at the LOS. I predict LSU to win.

Kelly is no stranger to beating SC. And Kelly spent the off-season revamping his defensive staff. We've seen him make improvements before.LSU is more talented and will probably win the battle at the LOS. I predict LSU to win.
Unfortunately, I do as well. USC just isn't as talented as LSU, although LSU's defense was horrific last year, and I can't see major improvement in year 1 under a new D coordinator. I give SC an outside chance to win.

Unfortunately, I do as well. USC just isn't as talented as LSU, although LSU's defense was horrific last year, and I can't see major improvement in year 1 under a new D coordinator. I give SC an outside chance to win.
We saw it when Kelly hired Elko.

You’re the guy who thinks success is defined by the $? Build Weis a statue already! What a dooch, find a carrot
I do. IMO Brian Kelly is a top 10 head coach in CFB, and he is being paid like a top 10 head coach in CFB.

I respect Brian Kelly as a CFB head coach, always have.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT