ADVERTISEMENT

USC v. LSU

Bk is the better coach in the past. I would take MF this season, next season and in the future easily. It's not close.

Using your logic, you would take Jimbo Fisher and Ed Orgeron over MF.

Right now MF is 20 and 7 with 8 top 25 wins. I like his chances of being really good and to keep getting better
Boom! He has more Top 5 wins in 2 years at ND than BK had in 12

Yes in terms of their respective histories kelly is better (far better) which makes him the far likelier bet to be the better coach going forward. Which is also why he's one of the highest paid coaches in the business. The market is already dictating who the better coach is presently and who the better coach likely is to be going forward.

If Marcus Freeman produces a top 10 F+ finish in 2024, he'll likely get renewed at ND, and that contract wont be anywhere near BKs 10/$100M+. Why? Because Brian Kelly's track record nearly guarantees an annual contender while the jury is still very much out on what kind of coach Marcus Freeman is.
Still on the carrot?

I’ve lived long enough to understand the folks in power and/or making that money rarely deserve it. Look no further than the man running the greatest country to ever exist. Get off your knees and clean yourself up
Does Lincoln Riley, Ryan Day, James Franklin, Mike Norvell, Kalen DeBoer, Lane Kiffin, Sark all deserve the top money?

Because that is part of the fraternity of top 10 paid CFB head coaches.

Who does deserve the top money?

You tell me.

Last edited:
Does Lincoln Riley, Ryan Day, Mike Norvell, Kalen DeBoer, Lane Kiffin, Sark all deserve the top money?

All of these guys have an established track record. MF is still just 2 years into his coaching career. Lot of good early signs so far, but a lot of coaches have had good 2 year runs following the departure of a great coach, its going to take some time to see if Marcus Freeman sinks or swims or is just average at this level.

Does Lincoln Riley, Ryan Day, James Franklin, Mike Norvell, Kalen DeBoer, Lane Kiffin, Sark all deserve the top money?

Who does deserve the top money?

You tell me.
No, how many nattys collectively in that group?

Reactions: BGI User 756
All of these guys have an established track record. MF is still just 2 years into his coaching career. Lot of good early signs so far, but a lot of coaches have had good 2 year runs following the departure of a great coach, its going to take some time to see if Marcus Freeman sinks or swims or is just average at this level.
None.

Now, you tell me who the top paid CFB head coaches should be.

List your top 10.
0 deserve 100M, especially after 25 years of coaching and 12 years at the greatest program of all time - how many Top 5 wins in 12 years? Wild LSU settled for a guy who’s proven he can’t get the job done.

Why are so many still obsessed with Kelly ?

He jumped ship years ago,

Time to move on

LSU currently has an 8+ minute advantage in time of possession. This is going to become a factor toward the end of the game. USC's D will be gassed late in the 4th quarter.

Reactions: sjb75
List your CFB head coaches that deserve top money. Forget 10. List 5 current head coaches.
Who from your list has built any of these programs up to be where they are now?

EDITED TO REMOVE POLITICAL CONTENT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BGI User 756
Who from your list has built any of these programs up to be where they are now?
I listed the top paid CFB head coaches. You said none of them deserve top money.

Who does?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait…you said play for NCs…how many have those coaches won?

Reactions: NDinNJ
Riley mismanaging this game. Not taking a to before fg. Now burning 2 to's on this drive and a horrible 3 down call. Yikes

How was it horrible? No doubt it was RPO, that's what Miller Moss saw.
That wasnt a RPO that was a slow developing stretch play, (had 2 oline pulling) and to be fair if opposite te picks up lb off the corner that play probably goes to the house.

USC has closed in on time of possession. It's now within 4 minutes. USC is gaining momentum, they can win this game.

Is "2 minute warning" an NFL trademark or something? I've watched a few games this weekend and they always say "2 minute timeout" instead.

We'll see how they look by game 12 after big 10 football and travel
They only have 3 long road trips. Michigan, Minnesota, and Maryland.

ND travels to TAM, GTech, and USC, so it's kind of equal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT