ADVERTISEMENT

USC v. LSU

Have a friend that's an LSU fan. When BK went to LSU, I told him, if he's happy with 10 win seasons, no championship, and a poor record vs top 10 teams, then he's your coach.

He responded with, that's at ND, LSU is different. 😂

He just shot me a text, "You were right" 😂

Ironic that USC tried to get out of this game, but LSU wouldn't agree to it.

Anyone who is a nd fan and does not root for usc truly does not understand the rivalry at all Our biggest rival has a relationship unique in collegiate football. There is huge intensity and maybe game day “hate” but always genuine respect This dynamic was forged by Rockne and has never wavered despite some fans of both schools acting otherwise
Just not the case

This is exemplified by sc posters like Beach

Go Trojans kick Kelly’s butt

I will ask you.

Who should be the top 5 paid CFB head coaches?
I’ll cut right to the ‘chase’ here, because the board knows why you are asking. Brian Kelly is not top 5, no matter LSU paying him $100M. You always forget that they offered 3 other coaches, including Jimbo, before offering Kelly.

Reactions: ZibbyQuinn
All of these guys have an established track record. MF is still just 2 years into his coaching career. Lot of good early signs so far, but a lot of coaches have had good 2 year runs following the departure of a great coach, its going to take some time to see if Marcus Freeman sinks or swims or is just average at this level.
lol, your posts are so timely, as it exposes both your bias and your incompetence.

Kelly has been at LSU 2.1 years. Has 8 losses out of 27 games, so losing 1 out every 3 games. and that is with 12 draft picks from those first 2 teams, including the Heisman trophy winner and 3 of the top 23 picks in 2024. He is 4-6 against ranked teams in those 27 games. That includes a loss at A+M when LSU was ranked 5th.

Yet you offer his “track record”. Lol

Reactions: francade and NDinNJ
I always enjoy reading threads on BK in this forum. It’s reminiscent of the US in terms of political parties, the far left vs the far right, he’s either the best or the worst.

I feel like the truth lies somewhere in the middle. He built ND’s program back to a respectable spot in college football. He struggled to win the big game to get us over the hump. I’ll always be grateful for the 2012 season, the multiple playoff appearances and leaving the program in a positive place for MF. One glaring issue was the way he was viewed by players. Tough coach, but not a players coach. The 30 for 30 on ND vs Miami showed what a true players coach was at ND. Pat Eilers still tearing up talking about Holtz 30 years later. Can’t imagine you’d see that from any player about Kelly.

What the Kelly lovers seem to disregard is the WAY BK left. Middle of the night, random text to the team, no statement thanking the university and the fans for a productive 10 years. He could’ve done it the right way, but in typical BK fashion, he threw up the bird driving down ND Ave. THIS is why a large majority of fans relish in his lack of success.

But, he got $100M as it’s been posted 7,000 times. I guess that’s his excuse to disrespect the University which helped him accrue his wealth.

Last edited:
Reactions: BGI User 756
So true. BK is a temperamental selfish tool We are so lucky he is hone. He was never the right guy for ND. He sux. He is now the King of season openers Zero and ?
Remember South florida n dayne fumble crist? BK gets his team ready for openers

I always enjoy reading threads on BK in this forum. It’s reminiscent of the US in terms of political parties, the far left vs the far right, he’s either the best or the worst.

I feel like the truth lies somewhere in the middle. He built ND’s program back to a respectable spot in college football. He struggled to win the big game to get us over the hump. I’ll always be grateful for the 2012 season, the multiple playoff appearances and leaving the program in a positive place for MF. One glaring issue was the way he was viewed by players. Tough coach, but not a players coach. The 30 for 30 on ND vs Miami showed what a true players coach was at ND. Pat Eilers still tearing up talking about Holtz 30 years later. Can’t imagine you’d see that from any player about Kelly.

What the Kelly lovers seem to disregard is the WAY BK left. Middle of the night, random text to the team, no statement thanking the university and the fans for a productive 10 years. He could’ve done it the right way, but in typical BK fashion, he threw up the bird driving down ND Ave. THIS is why a large majority of fans relish in his lack of success.

But, he got $100M as it’s been posted 7,000 times. I guess that’s his excuse to disrespect the University which helped him accrue his wealth.

He was 0-12 in 2012 I think according to the official record books. Plus the first 4 games in 2013. So BK is the only couch in Irish history to go 0-16. He also now no longer has more wins than the great Knute or Lou which means we don’t need a giant purple statue on campus

BK was the problem, 100%. He's not a championship coach. He always finds a way to lose the big games, and I'm going to enjoy the day LSU fires his a$$
look what is pay check looks like for getting fired. I wouldn't mindd getting fired with that check in my pocket.

• Haha
Reactions: Golson5

Yeah, it's pretty effed up, it's pretty disturbing. On one level, it's not surprising at all, as with the typical politically-directed sound and fury, and it is about the same thing. Unfulfilled male aggression and violence inside of their hearts, despite all their empty protestations at what good, upstanding people they are. A man's purpose in life is to be the dominant alpha male, and they spend their entire lives trying to balance this deeply, deeply primal prompting which obviously they will never come close to fulfilling, with their own personal, self-absorbed impotence in a civilized, nonviolent society, typically employed and remunerated, if they're lucky, as some useless white collar functionary that society doesn't need or want, and so they need targets at which to unleash their pent-up frustration and rage over their insignificant, and oftentimes morally and socially destructive existence.

And BK I suppose is just a particularly juicy target, on account of he's short, and pudgy, and doesn't look too intimidating. I think the fact that he's ND's all time winning coach makes it an even richer experience for them. Like slaying one of the really big dogs, a real alpha in the ultra-manly institution of CFB. Even though they're just raving on the internet. And they make such a point of laying it on extra thick, taking the most supremely condescending tone, and BK is the contemptible loser beta male and they're mocking and taunting him with glee from some unmistakably superior position. Yikes! At least LSU fans just want to win. BK won plenty at ND, more than any of these fans deserved or probably even thought possible, and that only seems to make them hate him even more.

The way BK left is completely irrelevant, and that has got to be one the most pathetically transparent pretexts you could possibly come up with. It's complete bullshit, let it go. You're just a hater, plain and simple Presumably for the reasons I just described, and not on the basis of anything even vaguely justifiable.

Yeah, it's pretty effed up, it's pretty disturbing. On one level, it's not surprising at all, as with the typical politically-directed sound and fury, and it is about the same thing. Unfulfilled male aggression and violence inside of their hearts, despite all their empty protestations at what good, upstanding people they are. A man's purpose in life is to be the dominant alpha male, and they spend their entire lives trying to balance this deeply, deeply primal prompting which obviously they will never come close to fulfilling, with their own personal, self-absorbed impotence in a civilized, nonviolent society, typically employed and remunerated, if they're lucky, as some useless white collar functionary that society doesn't need or want, and so they need targets at which to unleash their pent-up frustration and rage over their insignificant, and oftentimes morally and socially destructive existence.

And BK I suppose is just a particularly juicy target, on account of he's short, and pudgy, and doesn't look too intimidating. I think the fact that he's ND's all time winning coach makes it an even richer experience for them. Like slaying one of the really big dogs, a real alpha in the ultra-manly institution of CFB. Even though they're just raving on the internet. And they make such a point of laying it on extra thick, taking the most supremely condescending tone, and BK is the contemptible loser beta male and they're mocking and taunting him with glee from some unmistakably superior position. Yikes! At least LSU fans just want to win. BK won plenty at ND, more than any of these fans deserved or probably even thought possible, and that only seems to make them hate him even more.

The way BK left is completely irrelevant, and that has got to be one the most pathetically transparent pretexts you could possibly come up with. It's complete bullshit, let it go. You're just a hater, plain and simple Presumably for the reasons I just described, and not on the basis of anything even vaguely justifiable.
I feel like I gave a pretty non biased view of BK. I thought he did a nice job at ND. A lot of wins, but struggled against quality competition.

You mentioned “the most winning coach in ND history.” He played 31 more games than the next coach in terms of games played. He’s 10th in win percentage. 4-11 vs top 10 teams. 0 National Titles.

The way he left is not irrelevant. He had the options to leave gracefully or arrogantly. He chose the ladder. You’re as free to defend him as we are to criticize him.

The whole “let it go” schtick is comical. You write a novel and tell me to let it go, still have your profile pic as BK. Gaslighting 101. Hey bud, just FYI, if you’re an ND fan, he’s gone. Give it up!

Last edited:

You're pathetic. Go back to the LSU forum. Oh but wait, that forum is turning on Bk, so now you have nowhere to go. 😂

I feel like I gave a pretty non biased view of BK. I thought he did a nice job at ND. A lot of wins, but struggled against quality competition.

You mentioned “the most winning coach in ND history.” He played 31 more games than the next coach in terms of games played. He’s 10th in win percentage. 4-11 vs top 10 teams. 0 National Titles.

The way he left is not irrelevant. He had the options to leave gracefully or arrogantly. He chose the ladder. You’re as free to defend him as we are to criticize him.

The whole “let it go” schtick is comical. You write a novel and tell me to let it go, still have your profile pic as BK. Gaslighting 101. Hey bud, just FYI, if you’re an ND fan, he’s gone. Give it up!
Yeah it is irrelevant. There couldn't be anything more transparently phony and outright false than that. You just made it up. The idea that BK could have had your good grace, purportedly, if he left for LSU in some respectful way more to your personal liking, and so that's why you revile him so continuously because he didn't..... is effin' ridiculous. You're just a spiteful hater. End of story.

A lot of good comment. I'll always praise BK for bringing ND out of sustained mediocrity. Very good program manager, decent recruiter, disciplinarian, and okay enough coach...his main weakness being game day coaching and not playing to the strengths of players.

My biggest criticism: he never gets the whole > sum of tiger parts and often blows it in big games. And is stubbornly arrogant about it. evolving slowly, very slowly...although last night's genuine rant was an admission of failure, maybe more soul searching?

BK has EVERYTHING at LSU. He's not getting it done. When I watch the Tigers in big games, same old story...a bit of indiscipline, wrong plays, and failure to execute when it counts.

I wish him well. Again, he was the Irish coach and overall brought the team back. I'll forever be grateful, because even with peak teams, ND just doesn't get the talent the truly elite factories had.

On that, I gotta say it: MF got a good program where the continuing winds of college change make ND more likely to win an NC. It's statistical. Ironically, NIL and anybody can pass degrees have spread talent more and created volatility. Making ND, which to my pleasant surprise is leveraging NIL and transfers more optimally, comparatively stronger, reducing the gap.

My biggest surprise? Some of the best are willing to come to ND in spite of no free pass on academics. Again, how ironic is this day and age when the opposite blows up for Coach Prime and his antics at U of Colorado!

Finally, Marcus has a charisma and inspiration making that win against TAMU possible. ND > sum of the parts, which BK can't achieve. Marcus is bringing in the talent, even if the recruiting scene is volatile at times. Got really good coaches who seem like they will stay and not bolt...knowing they're just not HCs, for now.

Above all, I thank BK for making possible MF. Hey, they're in that long line of great ND coaches. I wish nothing but the best for BK...but root harder now for Marcus. Go easy on them...this is a sport, not war.

Yeah it is irrelevant. There couldn't be anything more transparently phony and outright false than that. You just made it up. The idea that BK could have had your good grace, purportedly, if he left for LSU in some respectful way more to your personal liking, and so that's why you revile him so continuously because he didn't..... is effin' ridiculous. You're just a spiteful hater. End of story.
That’s just false. Like that idea was simply made up by me alone. It’s pretty well agreed upon by most ND fans. Your viewpoint is in the minority with a few others on the board.

He said the 2 pass interference calls were unaccetable, so he is blaming the refs. He said one of the calls was not PI.

Last edited:

Says the guy that votes based on teleprompter speeches

Reactions: NDinNJ
lol what

BKs experience and track record make him the FAR better HC at this point in their respective careers. Its not even arguable.

In fact, MF is still benefiting from all the positive ways BK impacted the culture and changed it into a winning one at ND.

Every time a HC of BKs caliber leaves an institution, it takes a good 3+ seasons before the cultural "leftover effect" to completely subside and then you figure out how healthy your program really is.

None of this to take away anything from MFs career so far. The product on the field was solid last night, and he's starting to show a track record of identifying and developing talent at a high level (at least on the defensive side of the ball). And ND had a really impressive workman like victory against a good team in week 1.

STILL, we need to improve the talent on the roster in a BIG way (ESPECIALLY at the offensive skill positions) so that the program has more than just a remote chance to win some playoff games and ultimately a national title.

Freeman is 8-4 vs Top 25 at ND
Kelly is 3-6 vs Top 25 at LSU

Freeman is better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT