ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Meyer fired

My God you are as dumb as Golson5. You can honestly look at the video in the bar and you still don’t understand what the issue is? Life is too short to walk around dumb.
Look, I don’t mind being called “dumb” even by you, but being called as “dumb as Golson5” is really insulting.

I mean, you just can’t get any dumber than that !

And yes, I can look at that video and don’t see any significant issue.
That happens to prominent athletes and celebrities on a daily basis.

One of my issues is with the coward who took that video and put it out in the public domain

I wouldn’t invade anyone’s space, let alone surreptitiously video it
What a coward !

Why would a decent person want to cause other people harm ?

My God you are as dumb as Golson5. You can honestly look at the video in the bar and you still don’t understand what the issue is? Life is too short to walk around dumb.
Once again you failed to answer my question with detailed specificity, choosing instead to divert attention rather than expose your ignorance.

So I’ll ask you again,
1. what’s so egregious about the video.
2. have you ever been in a strip joint
3. have you ever had a lap dance

Reactions: sluggo69
I find it beyond sad that just about everyone is ripping this guy. They are the problem. They are enablers.
Where were they for the entirety of his career? He has always been the same. Yet they overlook it all and enable his crap. Sad commentary on the media and players
You‘re not qualified to make any evaluative statement about UM’s personal life throughout his career.

you’re as guilty as those you’re condemning !

2 of the 3 dumbest posters on this board going at it

Pure comedy! Love it! All you clowns need is savvy and it will be the trifecta
I’ve been thinking about your comment..

if someone was at a train station, waiting for the train to pull in, and they were expecting 100 morons to get off that train ….. and instead, you got off tha train, they wouldn’t be disappointed, !

Yes, I’ve seen the video where the woman was the aggressor.

So explain to us what the big deal is ?

Have you never been in a strip joint and had a lap dance ?
What’s the big deal? Seriously? Your obviously are not married or been in a serious relationship. What’s the big deal, OMG!

What’s the big deal? Seriously? Your obviously are not married or been in a serious relationship. What’s the big deal, OMG!
I’m married and it’s no big deal, certainly less of a deal than getting lap dances in a strip club.

You didn’t answer my 3 questions ! WHY ?

Go ahead and answer my questions !

Anyone who thinks that Meyer would have been fired if he was 11-2, 10-3, 9-4 or 8-5 is either naive or delusional !

Weisenheimer,

That’s almost impossible to do when everyone has a cellphone camera.

Let he who hasn’t had a lap dance cast the first stone !

How does this rise to the level of grounds for dismissal, this is no big deal.
This is a common occurrence amongst NFL players and coaches,
women throw themselves at athletes and celebrities ad nauseum.

Well this by itself, he'd probably get a pass. But combined with other rumors and then his record? His release no doubt had a monetary angle. We don't know the verbage in the contract.

I find it beyond sad that just about everyone is ripping this guy. They are the problem. They are enablers.
Where were they for the entirety of his career? He has always been the same. Yet they overlook it all and enable his crap. Sad commentary on the media and players

He has been the same, I agree. That was probably his problem in coaching in the NFL. These guys are paid professionals now, not some college kid. And, the pros get paid by an owner, same as the HC, and typically make more than the coach. Now, who knows how respect for a coach in college will be achieved with NIL, and salaries offered to OL kids to play at Texas, all this new and creative ways to pay the students to play at a school.

I think what we might be looking at is the beginning of Minor League Football. And really, why should kids have to go to school just to play football?

Baseball you can do either - minor leagues or college. Basketball now has minor leagues, so they have both. Hockey has both. It's probably about time this happens. Colleges got very rich for a long time off kids playing football and basketball, et.al.

Colleges make up their own costs and charges for attending their school. If $50,000 a year is what they believe the market will bear, they will just set that price. So then some college fans get annoyed and say, "Well, hell, we're GIVING him a $50,000 a year scholarship!" and get angry with a kid with the skills they want at that school. Meanwhile he's only trying to make what he can for himself and family, in that small window that is an athlete's career.

The USELESS NCAA is the proverbial Ostrich. They're leaving decisions up to the individual conferences. They are the first out when the sweeping changes happen.

Look at how the NBA players almost run the whole show.

Back to topic, Meyer took his coaching knowledge at the college level, and thought he could implement the same player management and coaching tactics to the top level. Very different head spaces.

How many times have we seen the negative behaviors of people at any level and organization, and industry, in this country come down to either ego or money, many times both? Meyer may come back, but not soon.

Anyone who thinks that Meyer would have been fired if he was 11-2, 10-3, 9-4 or 8-5 is either naive or delusional !
Yes, but he wasn’t 11-2 or 8-5. They were much worse and his lack of leadership including inexcusable behavior off the field was viewed as a central to his team’s distracted and disappointing performance. Not only fired but fired with cause. His guaranteed salary now in question

indefensible by any standard

Yes, I’ve seen the video where the woman was the aggressor.

So explain to us what the big deal is ?

Have you never been in a strip joint and had a lap dance ?

Weisenheimer,

That’s almost impossible to do when everyone has a cellphone camera.

Let he who hasn’t had a lap dance cast the first stone !

How does this rise to the level of grounds for dismissal, this is no big deal.
This is a common occurrence amongst NFL players and coaches,
women throw themselves at athletes and celebrities ad nauseum.
You better learn to duck.

• Haha
Reactions: irishalice
You‘re not qualified to make any evaluative statement about UM’s personal life throughout his career.

you’re as guilty as those you’re condemning !
Stupid can’t be taught. It is abundant in dna.
Your post above makes zero sense and you validate my point about everyone looking the other way for 20 years of Urbans career when you say “Anyone who thinks that Meyer would have been fired if he was 11-2, 10-3, 9-4 or 8-5 is either naive or delusional !”

please don’t post. You don’t make sense

Reactions: Irishjohn68
Yes, but he wasn’t 11-2 or 8-5. They were much worse and his lack of leadership including inexcusable behavior off the field was viewed as a central to his team’s distracted and disappointing performance. Not only fired but fired with cause. His guaranteed salary now in question

God don't say the word behavior.

Your post above makes zero sense and you validate my point about everyone looking the other way for 20 years of Urbans career when you say “Anyone who thinks that Meyer would have been fired if he was 11-2, 10-3, 9-4 or 8-5 is either naive or delusional !”

Agree

My God that is what I have said. You are agreeing with me. He was ft fired for his off the field behavior. What else was he fired for? His behavior is beyond bad, everyone else seems to understand hut you and UM. I know (and I assume most) he was not fired for being 2-11. Come on you are better than Golson5.

the Jaguars were 6-10 in 2019 and 1-15 in 2020: hence Meyer inherited a terrible team, one that couldn’t be rebuilt in a year

You just don’t possess the intellect to comprehend my posts.

cite the incidents for the last 20 years that you allege had people looking the other way

you and others continue to make vague accusations absent specific verified citatations.

cite the specific verifiable incidents

thanks

God don't say the word behavior.
His performance ?

He inherited a 1-15 team !

Now cite with verified specificity his aberrant “off the field” behavior that you claim caused him to be fired.

He NEVER would have been fired if he was 11-2, 10-3 or 9-4.

Everybody in the NFL football world knows that, so evidently his off the field behavior wasn’t as egregious as you claim.

Your failure, your deliberate avoidance of my questions regarding your being in a strip joint and receiving lap dances leads me to conclude that the answer to both questions is “yes”
So why didn’t you video it and show it to your wife when you got home ?

My God that is what I have said. You are agreeing with me. He was ft fired for his off the field behavior. What else was he fired for? His behavior is beyond bad, everyone else seems to understand hut you and UM. I know (and I assume most) he was not fired for being 2-11. Come on you are better than Golson5.
You’re a little late to the game, I made the statement that he wouldn’t have been fired if he
was 11-2 prior to you making that claim

The primary reason he was fired was his 2-11 record, at 11-2, 10-3, or 9-4 he’s still the coach of the Jaguars.

Cite with verified specificity the “OFF FIELD” incidents that you claim got him fired.

Hint, the bar video isn’t one of them.

P.S. Well, we agree on one thing , I’m certainly far better than Golson5 ! 😜

You just don’t possess the intellect to comprehend my posts.

cite the incidents for the last 20 years that you allege had people looking the other way

you and others continue to make vague accusations absent specific verified citatations.

cite the specific verifiable incidents

thanks
Cite instances 20 years ago? Ok but you must live under a rock if u think he was a Saint until recently. How about over 30 players with criminal transgressions during his time at Florida. Or looking the other way when his coach beat his wife at OSU A bunch of his Bowling Green, Utah and Florida players have said he was abusive

there’s a lot more

There is a correlation between the off the field issues and the wins and losses. After losing a game in Cincinatti....Meyer chose to remain in Ohio (for apparently social reasons) rather than return with the team to begin the process of improvement. Those optics are beyond bad...and it created yet additional chaos (and as T Lawrence referred to "a lack of consistency") in the locker room...a place that was already dysfunctional. This is a franchise that has systemic failure going on. A winning record would have bought a great deal of goodwill for UM, imo....might even have saved his job beginning with the remainder of this season.

You’re a little late to the game, I made the statement that he wouldn’t have been fired if he
was 11-2 prior to you making that claim

The primary reason he was fired was his 2-11 record, at 11-2, 10-3, or 9-4 he’s still the coach of the Jaguars.

Cite with verified specificity the “OFF FIELD” incidents that you claim got him fired.

Hint, the bar video isn’t one of them.

P.S. Well, we agree on one thing , I’m certainly far better than Golson5 ! 😜
the owner himself referred to Meyer needing to regain "trust" and "respect". This followed the bar and remaining in Ohio incident.

Cite instances 20 years ago? Ok but you must live under a rock if u think he was a Saint until recently. How about over 30 players with criminal transgressions during his time at Florida. Or looking the other way when his coach beat his wife at OSU A bunch of his Bowling Green, Utah and Florida players have said he was abusive

there’s a lot more
Urban Meyer has been a POS for a long time. His record shows that. He got better protected in college; and looks like he reached the point where he truly thought his sh** did not stink and he was untouchable.

Now IF he had been winning, I think there is a decent chance he survived all of this. Which to be blunt is a sad comment on things. No coach who has allowed what he has allowed and done what he has done should ever be a coach period.

I guess that he knows he has to sit out a year of two to let things cool down. This could be good for ND; If Freeman is great, you don't need him and if not he may be availibe in two or three years.

I think everyone knows he would take the job if offered.

I guess that he knows he has to sit out a year of two to let things cool down. This could be good for ND; If Freeman is great, you don't need him and if not he may be availibe in two or three years.

I think everyone knows he would take the job if offered.

lol You had to post this with a smile about how you will get posters Irish up. Maybe USC would look the other way on his past. ND won't hire UM.

lol You had to post this with a smile about how you will get posters Irish up. Maybe USC would look the other way on his past. ND won't hire UM.
No his name came up last year. The admin said don't call him. I don't know what USC or ND would due two or three years from now. I mean he didn't kill anyone.

Urban Meyer has been a POS for a long time. His record shows that. He got better protected in college; and looks like he reached the point where he truly thought his sh** did not stink and he was untouchable.

Now IF he had been winning, I think there is a decent chance he survived all of this. Which to be blunt is a sad comment on things. No coach who has allowed what he has allowed and done what he has done should ever be a coach period.
Everything u said is my point exactly.

Joins Saban and Holtz as National Championship winning coaches who were total flops in the NFL. Not bad company.

College athletics is all about the money. Proven winners are a select few...a very exclusive club. Warts and all....Urban Meyer is in the club. He is a PR makeover away from landing an elite job as head coach. The measure is there are no NCAA holds on the guy. There are sleazier coaches coaching right now. If UM wants to return to college coaching....he will....at a very high level.

Maybe he'll take over for Harbaugh when he goes back to the NFL? (JH is a guy who actually was a good NFL coach.)

IF he coaches again, it will be in the SEC. Meyer will not ever again coach in the minors.

Is that the bar for USC? Actually, OJ was welcomed back, wasn't he?
Apparently that is one of the bars. I don't know what ypou mean by OJ being welcomed back so I can't comment on that.

Wasn't every single team Holtz coached put on probation by the NCAA? You never know what admin will accept.

Apparently that is one of the bars. I don't know what ypou mean by OJ being welcomed back so I can't comment on that.

Wasn't every single team Holtz coached put on probation by the NCAA? You never know what admin will accept.

Every single team..? Umm, no. Per Wikipedia:

Following an investigation in 1999, the NCAA placed Notre Dame on two years probation for extra benefits provided to football players between 1993 and 1999 by Kim Dunbar, a South Bend bookkeeper involved in a $1.4 million embezzlement scheme at her employer, as well as one instance of academic fraud that occurred under Holtz's successor, Bob Davie. The NCAA found that Holtz and members of his staff learned of the violations but failed to make appropriate inquiry or to take prompt action, finding Holtz's efforts "inadequate."

This looks like they dinged Holtz for 2 years? Hardly every single team Holtz coached. From '86-'96 he was at ND. Academic fraud apparently occurred after Holtz left and Bob Davie was in. Kim Dunbar? You can read the above or research for dirt on Lou, but I doubt if he was looked at sideways, and internally by ND, he wouldn't have gotten a statue.

Now fast-forward to your pooch, Pete the Cheat. lol Mr. Vacate. Here's proof that Mr. Poodles had OJ back in town, exerpt from bspn/abcnews:

A civil jury later held Simpson liable for the killings and ordered him to pay the victims' survivors $33.5 million. His Heisman was sold to meet part of the obligation.

He has always maintained his innocence.

Simpson seemed in high spirits at the USC practice, pumping coach Pete Carroll's hand and smiling. He hugged many of the coaches and players, including this year's Heisman winner, quarterback Carson Palmer.

Carroll seemed pleased to have Simpson visit the team.

Reactions: TXNDFan88
Every single team..? Umm, no. Per Wikipedia:

Following an investigation in 1999, the NCAA placed Notre Dame on two years probation for extra benefits provided to football players between 1993 and 1999 by Kim Dunbar, a South Bend bookkeeper involved in a $1.4 million embezzlement scheme at her employer, as well as one instance of academic fraud that occurred under Holtz's successor, Bob Davie. The NCAA found that Holtz and members of his staff learned of the violations but failed to make appropriate inquiry or to take prompt action, finding Holtz's efforts "inadequate."

This looks like they dinged Holtz for 2 years? Hardly every single team Holtz coached. From '86-'96 he was at ND. Academic fraud apparently occurred after Holtz left and Bob Davie was in. Kim Dunbar? You can read the above or research for dirt on Lou, but I doubt if he was looked at sideways, and internally by ND, he wouldn't have gotten a statue.

Now fast-forward to your pooch, Pete the Cheat. lol Mr. Vacate. Here's proof that Mr. Poodles had OJ back in town, exerpt from bspn/abcnews:

A civil jury later held Simpson liable for the killings and ordered him to pay the victims' survivors $33.5 million. His Heisman was sold to meet part of the obligation.

He has always maintained his innocence.

Simpson seemed in high spirits at the USC practice, pumping coach Pete Carroll's hand and smiling. He hugged many of the coaches and players, including this year's Heisman winner, quarterback Carson Palmer.

Carroll seemed pleased to have Simpson visit the team.
Lou Holtz left every program he coached at just before they were hit with NCAA probation. NC State, Minnesota, Arkansas, Notre Dame, and South Carolina were all found to have violated NCAA rules while under the leadership of Holtz.

What team that he coached did I miss?

BTW I think it was wrong for PC to shake OJ's hand when he came to a practice before a bowl game in Florida, but that is hardly SC welcoming him back.

.Coaches with most violations

Last edited:
Reactions: sluggo69
Lou Holtz left every program he coached at just before they were hit with NCAA probation. NC State, Minnesota, Arkansas, Notre Dame, and South Carolina were all found to have violated NCAA rules while under the leadership of Holtz.

What team that he coached did I miss?

BTW I think it was wrong for PC to shake OJ's hand when he came to a practice before a bowl game in Florida, but that is hardly SC welcoming him back.

.Coaches with most violations
Well lets be very blunt. So much of what the NCAA calls violations is garbage and so much of what they let go should be violations.

The Kim Dunbar crap is a perfect example. None of that should have been on the school; unless you expect gossipp and peeping toms to be used all the time.

Meanwhile look at what happened at north carolina and what did the NCAA do? bupkus.

Reactions: TXNDFan88
Well lets be very blunt. So much of what the NCAA calls violations is garbage and so much of what they let go should be violations.

The Kim Dunbar crap is a perfect example. None of that should have been on the school; unless you expect gossipp and peeping toms to be used all the time.

Meanwhile look at what happened at north carolina and what did the NCAA do? bupkus.
I agree with you. And I think ND is one of the best and most honestly run programs in America. It is dangerous to throw stones though. Remember the claim aagainst SC was that the RB coach knew that Reggie was paid to leave SC early to turn pro. They later had to settle the lawsuit filed by the coach for millions, Also, the NCAA didn't even cliam Pete knew, only McNair. So if it is Cheaty Petey it is Larceny Lou.

Last edited:

there’s a lot more
Oh so now your backing off your claim that he had a 20 year history of transgressions because you can’t cite a single one. So you recklessly made irresponsible allegations that you couldn’t support.
Isn‘t that libelous ?
Its certainly a dirt bag move and not very ethical.

Now, as to your next allegation are you sure that your not confusing Florida with Florida State ?
And since when is a coach responsible for the off field behavior of his players ?

As to the assistant OSU coach and his wife, didn’t the wife either refuse to press charges or drop the charges against her husband ?
UM was never informed of the domestic issues related to the assistant coach by that coach or his wife, so once again you’ve made an unsupported allegation.
Since when is a coach supposed to become involved in the domestic issues of others.

identify the players who stated that UM was abusive and describe each incident.

all you do is make unsubstantiated accusations absent reliable certification.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT