ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Meyer fired

he might just take the money and sit for a few years out of the limelight. I know he has a big ego, but the stink of the mess in Jacksonville, with players and coaches leaking what a mess it was, kicking a player, and the bar incident with the female that was not his wife, may just keep him off TV.

It is the stink for sure. He denied kicking the kicker and said he has a witness to the episode, so who knows. I read, where the girl at the nightclub came 'a dancin' his way, and initiated the contact with him. But he didn't discourage her and admitted he was wrong. In related news, LSUHC Kelly was said to be there doing the bump with...nahhh I'm sure it was just a rumor.

he might just take the money and sit for a few years out of the limelight. I know he has a big ego, but the stink of the mess in Jacksonville, with players and coaches leaking what a mess it was, kicking a player, and the bar incident with the female that was not his wife, may just keep him off TV.
Well, if his boring delivery wasn't enough to keep him off TV in the first place, I don't know what would. I thought he was terrible the few times I heard him.

Reactions: TXNDFan88
Interesting. He lasted about as long as Lou Holtz lasted in the NFL.

He'll probably end up at Navy and make our lives hell for a decade or so!
St Lou resigned. He later said he wished that he'd stuck around for the last few games.
If Bobby Petrino can be recycled...Urban Meyer surely can.
Why is Art Briles still banished?

Many schools won't hire Urban anymore. The domestic abuse coverup, the bar grouping incident and the kicking of a player in the NFL forecloses that.

Last edited:
I feel like Urban thought he had to act MORE like an egomaniac to coach fully grown men, where as in reality you can’t get away with that in the NFL like you can in college. Not going to lie I have never liked him and I’m kind of glad to see him fail so epically.

Reactions: Irishjohn68
St Lou resigned. He later said he wished that he'd stuck around for the last few games.

Why is Art Briles still banished?
The sexual assault issues at Baylor were and are egregious. They are on the level of Penn State. I wish criminal charges upon them. Urban didn't rise to this level of depravity.....thankfully.

Interesting. He lasted about as long as Lou Holtz lasted in the NFL.

He'll probably end up at Navy and make our lives hell for a decade or so!
And Saban.And Spurrier. And Bud Wilkenson. Tough game.

He didnt have enough time and the Jags will be getting top round picks. They arent a great organization. I think Meyer would have eventually turned it around. Who cares what his players thought. Most of them are average on their best day with the exception of a few.

Those where grown men making more money then Meyer was. Those players hated UM.

The sexual assault issues at Baylor were and are egregious. They are on the level of Penn State. I wish criminal charges upon them. Urban didn't rise to this level of depravity.....thankfully.
Hernandez was pretty bad and rumors were circulating.

Out as head coach after 13 games.
If he was 11-2 instead of 2-11 do you think he would have been fired ? No way !

To clarify, he didn’t grope a woman in a bar, the woman was the aggressor, backing into him, giving him a mild, standing semi-lap dance.

As to the allegation that he kicked a kicker, I’d like to hear from other players who witnessed the alleged event. Let’s not forget that the kicker was cut, ergo he has an axe to grind.

Like him or not Meyer was an elite college coach, at Utah, Florida and Ohio State.
His college record is spectacular.

Reactions: Weisnheimer
Let’s just hope he gets the help he clearly needs. His thoughts of ever coaching again should be put to rest.

Let’s just hope he gets the help he clearly needs. His thoughts of ever coaching again should be put to rest.
What help does he need ?

And let’s not forget that he was a spectacular college coach who made winners out of losers everywhere he coached

Many schools won't hire Urban anymore. The domestic abuse coverup, the bar grouping incident and the kicking of a player in the NFL forecloses that.
I could see a few P5 programs taking a shot at Urban. Arizona St, Nebraska, and eventually, two or three SEC teams.

If he was 11-2 instead of 2-11 do you think he would have been fired ? No way !

To clarify, he didn’t grope a woman in a bar, the woman was the aggressor, backing into him, giving him a mild, standing semi-lap dance.

As to the allegation that he kicked a kicker, I’d like to hear from other players who witnessed the alleged event. Let’s not forget that the kicker was cut, ergo he has an axe to grind.

Like him or not Meyer was an elite college coach, at Utah, Florida and Ohio State.
His college record is spectacular.
UM didn't get fired for being 2-11 or anything else on the field. His transgressions are all off the field. Meyer has no self awareness.

Well, not so sure, when it comes to ‘winning’ universities are not discouraged easily.

Last edited:
I am amazed at your defense of Meyer and his behavior.
Describe in detail, “his behavior”

Or, are you just another ill informed sheep following the herd without knowing the facts.

So please, with detailed specificity, describe “his behavior”

Hiring the strength coach from Iowa who had some "racial insensitivity issues", calling his assistants losers, lying to his owner, kicking a player, the bar issue with the female, the team culture being in the crapper. Maybe if he was 11-2 these would be overlooked, but probably not at 6-7 and definitely not at 2-11.

Reactions: Bumpdaddy
Describe in detail, “his behavior”

Or, are you just another ill informed sheep following the herd without knowing the facts.

So please, with detailed specificity, describe “his behavior”
You are a weird dude. Do I have to explain behavior to you or are you smart enough to already know what it means? You ask a lot of dumb questions to things you should have learned in elementary school.

Hiring the strength coach from Iowa who had some "racial insensitivity issues", calling his assistants losers, lying to his owner, kicking a player, the bar issue with the female, the team culture being in the crapper. Maybe if he was 11-2 these would be overlooked, but probably not at 6-7 and definitely not at 2-11.
Let’s start one by one, what bar issue with the female ?

• Haha
Reactions: SubwaydomerDFW
You are a weird dude. Do I have to explain behavior to you or are you smart enough to already know what it means? You ask a lot of dumb questions to things you should have learned in elementary school.
Nice try at avoiding accountability.

You made a generalized accusation, so I asked you to identify the individual transgressions and you failed to do so, choosing instead to divert attention from your ignorance.

So again, and without the help of others, identify the transgressions.

Let’s start one by one, what bar issue with the female ?
My God you are as dumb as Golson5. You can honestly look at the video in the bar and you still don’t understand what the issue is? Life is too short to walk around dumb.

Reactions: TXNDFan88
Nice try at avoiding accountability.

You made a generalized accusation, so I asked you to identify the individual transgressions and you failed to do so, choosing instead to divert attention from your ignorance.

So again, and without the help of others, identify the transgressions.
Why should I have to do the work for? This is something you should have learned a long time ago. Try and keep up.

My God you are as dumb as Golson5. You can honestly look at the video in the bar and you still don’t understand what the issue is? Life is too short to walk around dumb.
2 of the 3 dumbest posters on this board going at it

Pure comedy! Love it! All you clowns need is savvy and it will be the trifecta

Here is the bar scene tape that I found. Now I am not a fan of UM, but she was on him. And as I said, his mistake was he didn't seem to do anything to dissuade her. Being a public figure, you need to be aware of everything you do in public.

Yes, I’ve seen the video where the woman was the aggressor.

So explain to us what the big deal is ?

Have you never been in a strip joint and had a lap dance ?

Glad you can admit that you are dumb. 😀
I find it beyond sad that just about everyone is ripping this guy. They are the problem. They are enablers.
Where were they for the entirety of his career? He has always been the same. Yet they overlook it all and enable his crap. Sad commentary on the media and players

Reactions: Weisnheimer
Here is the bar scene tape that I found. Now I am not a fan of UM, but she was on him. And as I said, his mistake was he didn't seem to do anything to dissuade her. Being a public figure, you need to be aware of everything you do in public.

Weisenheimer,

That’s almost impossible to do when everyone has a cellphone camera.

Let he who hasn’t had a lap dance cast the first stone !

How does this rise to the level of grounds for dismissal, this is no big deal.
This is a common occurrence amongst NFL players and coaches,
women throw themselves at athletes and celebrities ad nauseum.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT