ADVERTISEMENT

Time to join a conference

Not me or many others if it meant giving up football independence and allowing a conference to make many of the decisions that affect all ND sports. I wouldn’t whore away one of the things that makes ND special, the ability to control their own destiny. People who are only fans of football and give little value to anything else besides winning at any cost, most of whom I would guess probably are not alumni, don’t understand this.

And alumni or not if you support the program by going to games ie paying for tickets, then your opinion counts all the same. Unless you're a big shot donor, which no one on here is, your opinion is just as valid as the next persons. So spare me on the alumni crap, and careful your fall off the high horse you sit on.

And alumni or not if you support the program by going to games ie paying for tickets, then your opinion counts all the same. Unless you're a big shot donor, which no one on here is, your opinion is just as valid as the next persons. So spare me on the alumni crap, and careful your fall off the high horse you sit on.

How do you know what those who post on this site donate to ND ?

Because we’re not in a conference the guys don’t have much to play for except hope—-hope a bunch of teams fail, hope our schedule outperforms, hope the committee values a “ good loss” It makes no sense at all. Instead of losing to Ga and still being able to control our own destiny with a conference title and win over probably Clemson we have to hope we can back into it. Sit on the sidelines and watch a bunch of conference championship games and hope the chips fall our way. I much rather have some control over my destiny. I still haven’t heard one good argument as to why we play a half acc schedule in football and all other sports are all in. As much as it may pain some , there really isn’t anything that special going on with nd football, and I’m a fan.

Reactions: Catholicfan95
Because we’re not in a conference the guys don’t have much to play for except hope—-hope a bunch of teams fail, hope our schedule outperforms, hope the committee values a “ good loss” It makes no sense at all. Instead of losing to Ga and still being able to control our own destiny with a conference title and win over probably Clemson we have to hope we can back into it. Sit on the sidelines and watch a bunch of conference championship games and hope the chips fall our way. I much rather have some control over my destiny. I still haven’t heard one good argument as to why we play a half acc schedule in football and all other sports are all in. As much as it may pain some , there really isn’t anything that special going on with nd football, and I’m a fan.

I could not disagree more. These guys have lot to play for. an 11-1 season and possible playoff bid is in sight. No to joining a conference.

Watch out with a comment like that the wolves are coming for ya lol! Couldn't agree more

You have far, far less control of your destiny as a member of a conference !

A fan ?

There are fans and there are true fans.

True fans understand that ND football is innately special.

If Going undefeated in a regular season isn’t special I don’t know what is special.

A fan ?

If Going undefeated in a regular season isn’t special I don’t know what is special.

Dang, did you copy and paste this?! Only seen it 1000 times now. And again....you're not right

A fan ?

And it's honestly in my lifetime mediocre and I'm pissed off that it's that way! ND football should be so much better than it is, your all complacency and tradition are stupid.
Things need to change abs there's no 2 ways about it

And it's honestly in my lifetime mediocre and I'm pissed off that it's that way! ND football should be so much better than it is, your all complacency and tradition are stupid.
Things need to change abs there's no 2 ways about it

Better than 12-0 in regular season ?

Name the traditions that are stupid !

Name the complacencies!

It’s obvious that you’re not an ND alumnus !

Ignorance is bliss.

Tell me which of my bullet points is incorrect and why ...... if you can !

Here's the deal my man, you and the majority of ND fans are so stuck in the past. It's all about the aura of ND, the uniqueness, and whatever. Tell me something friend where's it gotten since the turn of the century?

Lapped by programs

Better than 12-0 in regular season ?

Name the traditions that are stupid !

Name the complacencies!

It’s obvious that you’re not an ND alumnus !
I'm not an alumni, but is that a box that needs checked to be a fan.

ND fans carry the most unwarranted arrogance I've ever been around and it's honestly so dumb. I am a huge fan, I know more about football and it's X's and O's than half these people posting. So who's opinion really carry more weight. Out of touch alumni?

As long as the program is run like a church it'll be living on its pasts championships and I FREAKING HATE IT! It's so old man, so old. All these arguments are the same old stuff from the same old people. So yeah have it your way and stay the same and you'll do just that. Never moving forward

I'm not an alumni, but is that a box that needs checked to be a fan.

ND fans carry the most unwarranted arrogance I've ever been around and it's honestly so dumb. I am a huge fan, I know more about football and it's X's and O's than half these people posting. So who's opinion really carry more weight. Out of touch alumni?

As long as the program is run like a church it'll be living on its pasts championships and I FREAKING HATE IT! It's so old man, so old. All these arguments are the same old stuff from the same old people. So yeah have it your way and stay the same and you'll do just that. Never moving forward

What makes you think that alumni are out of touch ?

ND has high standards that influence outcomes including but not limited to the athletic programs.

There are those of us who want to retain and maintain those high standards.

There are those of us who don’t want to “dumb down” our standards and compromise our integrity.

There are those of us who want to continue with traditions that made us special and separate us from everybody else.

Lowering our standards isn’t an option.

Integrity is more important than the won/loss record !

ND has high standards that influence outcomes including but not limited to the athletic programs.

There are those of us who don’t want to “dumb down” our standards and compromise our integrity.

There are those of us who want to continue with traditions that made us special and separate us from everybody else.

Okay my man, keep your integrity and I'll take the wins. Sorry that makes me not up to the Notre Dame standard, but you can separate the football program from the school, yet no one seems to realize that. Lou Holtz did it

All that rah rah stuff died in like 1950 so why don't you just leave it there and get on board

All that rah rah stuff died in like 1950 so why don't you just leave it there and get on board

You are obnoxious. You claim to be an ND fan but all you do is trash everything about ND. You belong on that other site where most have the same anti-ND mindset that you have.

You are obnoxious. You claim to be an ND fan but all you do is trash everything about ND. You belong on that other site where most have the same anti-ND mindset that you have.

It's not anti ND, I'm freaking pissed that for 30
Years people like you are okay with the way things are. Your telling me it doesn't piss you off that in 30 years we've played in one national championship game? No Heisman winners? Only 5 bowl wins?
I mean come on man wake up it's time to make some adjustments here, cuz the old way ain't what you n your boys make it out to be.
Also, don't tell me where to post, what kinda fan I am or pretend you know what I'm talking about. You clearly don't.
If you don't like it then don't read it. I'm sorry it hurts your feelings but it's true

It's not anti ND, I'm freaking pissed that for 30
Years people like you are okay with the way things are. Your telling me it doesn't piss you off that in 30 years we've played in one national championship game? No Heisman winners? Only 5 bowl wins?
I mean come on man wake up it's time to make some adjustments here, cuz the old way ain't what you n your boys make it out to be.
Also, don't tell me where to post, what kinda fan I am or pretend you know what I'm talking about. You clearly don't.
If you don't like it then don't read it. I'm sorry it hurts your feelings but it's true

Like I said, you are obnoxious. You should be posting on that other site where they trash ND every chance they get.

If you didn’t attend Notre Dame you wouldn’t understand anything I wrote.

You’re willing to sell the University’s integrity and I’m not.

It’s about character and integrity, principles that never get old

Okay my man, keep your integrity and I'll take the wins. Sorry that makes me not up to the Notre Dame standard, but you can separate the football program from the school, yet no one seems to realize that. Lou Holtz did it

Tell us what Lou Holtz did.

Then tell us how that was different from what Dan Devine and Ara did.

Maybe you should start another site for you and your friends and title it "out of touch and conpla
Tell us what Lou Holtz did.

Then tell us how that was different from what Dan Devine and Ara did.

If you don't know that answer I suggest you pick up a book and read about it.

Do you know what prop48 is by chance? Heard of Tony Rice?

Let's think for a second here my man, how do you inquire as to how Lou Holtz got so much talent to ND? Do you honestly believe it's just because ND is ND and everyone wants to play there?

You know who Randy Moss is? Yeah Lou got that guy into to ND, Moss pissed it away but Lou got him there.

You're living under a rock if you think Lou just waltz into ND and got things going. The program was in the past and he had to fight to get more talented players on campus, it's real stuff so go read about it.

See what people don't understand is Lou did something special with Notre Dame, he brought it out of the dark ages. Why did Lou "retire"? I mean that's a whole other can of worms so I'll save that discussion.

Call me anti ND, troll I really couldn't care less because I know what's really happening and it's been the same for 30 years. They ran Lou out and nothings been the same cuz ND has reverted back to the ways of old....que Brain Kelly, the freaking man. The only guy out there that gets it. He too has brought the program out of the past. He fought for stadium renovations, new facilities, joining into the the ACC and getting rid of pre game mass.

So all you people claiming you know what's going on, simply do not. You know what did go on 50 years ago but let me tell ya something friend, every business in America has done things to change overtime it's how you continue success. Adapt with the times, or you become mediocre.

Notre Dames brand will stand the test of time but I've got news for you, unless you adapt the football program will be the same cycle for years to come. So what can you possibly say to that?

If you didn’t attend Notre Dame you wouldn’t understand anything I wrote.

You’re willing to sell the University’s integrity and I’m not.

It’s about character and integrity, principles that never get old

It's not selling the university to let the darn football program have some more freedom!

How has a conf. championship game helped the Pac-12 get in to the playoff? If a team doesn't go undefeated or has one close loss to a top 5 team the conf championship doesn't mean anything.

How has a conf. championship game helped the Pac-12 get in to the playoff? If a team doesn't go undefeated or has one close loss to a top 5 team the conf championship doesn't mean anything.

How has a conference championship helped the big 12? The addition of that game has opened the door for OU twice....

You can't control the lack of good teams in a conference so that point is moot.

Maybe you should start another site for you and your friends and title it "out of touch and conpla

If you don't know that answer I suggest you pick up a book and read about it.

Do you know what prop48 is by chance? Heard of Tony Rice?

Let's think for a second here my man, how do you inquire as to how Lou Holtz got so much talent to ND? Do you honestly believe it's just because ND is ND and everyone wants to play there?

You know who Randy Moss is? Yeah Lou got that guy into to ND, Moss pissed it away but Lou got him there.

You're living under a rock if you think Lou just waltz into ND and got things going. The program was in the past and he had to fight to get more talented players on campus, it's real stuff so go read about it.

See what people don't understand is Lou did something special with Notre Dame, he brought it out of the dark ages. Why did Lou "retire"? I mean that's a whole other can of worms so I'll save that discussion.

Call me anti ND, troll I really couldn't care less because I know what's really happening and it's been the same for 30 years. They ran Lou out and nothings been the same cuz ND has reverted back to the ways of old....que Brain Kelly, the freaking man. The only guy out there that gets it. He too has brought the program out of the past. He fought for stadium renovations, new facilities, joining into the the ACC and getting rid of pre game mass.

So all you people claiming you know what's going on, simply do not. You know what did go on 50 years ago but let me tell ya something friend, every business in America has done things to change overtime it's how you continue success. Adapt with the times, or you become mediocre.

Notre Dames brand will stand the test of time but I've got news for you, unless you adapt the football program will be the same cycle for years to come. So what can you possibly say to that?

I have to laugh at your references, references that you only acquired by watching TV, whereas I experienced them first hand.

Do you know anything about Prop 48 and the 700 threshold where Rice scored 690 and had to sit out his freshman year.

As to Holtz, he was a great recruiter.
You should also know that for decades the Catholic high schools were a preferred pipeline for football talent.
I’m also aware of his conflict with the AD

What are the “ways of old” ?

I know all about Randy Moss and ND, probably a lot more than you know.

Moss never set foot into ND.
His scholarship was revoked after an incident prior to his freshman year, not because of academics.

Adapting to the times isn’t about lowering your standards.

“What can I possibly say to that” ?
I would say that two recent undefeated seasons undermine and destroy your entire premise.

Compromise your integrity and you lose your soul.

I have to laugh at your references, references that you only acquired by watching TV, whereas I experienced them first hand.

Do you know anything about Prop 48 and the 700 threshold where Rice scored 690 and had to sit out his freshman year.

You should also know that for decades the Catholic high schools were a preferred pipeline for football talent.

His scholarship was revoked after an incident prior to his freshman year, not because of academics.

I would say that two recent undefeated seasons undermine and destroy your entire premise.

12-1 to end a year isn't undefeated. We're too far apart here, it's clear your missing the point

Im 24 and I can only assume you're older, I can't control what I experienced while I'm alive but I can learn about things I haven't. So saying you laugh at my references because I merely got them off of tv is senseless. I guess I can't have any discussion about anything pre 1995 because I didn't experience it first hand.

A large majority of Notre Dame fans are just like you. Arrogant and unwilling to listen. Awesome you went to school there, so did family members of mine, happy for ya. However, there are millions of people who are fans who haven't even been on campus much less graduate from the school, I guess their opinions don't meet your standards?

I can't reiterate this enough, I'm trying to have a discussion about the football program not the university.

You missed my point on Moss by assuming I was referencing him academically, and you'll continue to miss my point. I'm sorry but you're wrong when it comes to Notre Dame football and what I'm trying to convey.

Let the idiot drivel all he wants; we can laugh at him.

Bottom line is that we are Independent

We like it that way

We will stay that will

and so called fans who are only trolls can rant all they want; they mean nothing and will change nothing

Reactions: Leahylads
Let the idiot drivel all he wants; we can laugh at him.

Bottom line is that we are Independent

We like it that way

We will stay that will

and so called fans who are only trolls can rant all they want; they mean nothing and will change nothing

Is it necessary to insult me in every post? I've been nothing but respectful to everyone regardless of differing opinions, yet I get insulted left and right by this mob for having a different view.

Is it necessary to insult me in every post? I've been nothing but respectful to everyone regardless of differing opinions, yet I get insulted left and right by this mob for having a different view.
you earn what you get

we insult moronic trolls as they deserve

ignorant entitled millennials like you we just laugh at usually

bottom line is that YOU DON'T MATTER

YOU NEVER HAVE

YOU NEVER WILL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT