ADVERTISEMENT

This is an absolute disgrace

Zorich 88

I've posted how many times?
Dec 7, 2006
Kelly needs to be sent packing now. I don't care how much money it takes. ND better cut their loses now or the future of ND football is going to go back ten years. I believe Coach Kelly did a lot for ND football. I take nothing away from the man. However, he was paid very well for all he has done while at ND. Now, it is time to cut ties. He is not and will never be a big game coach. He was out coached again last night. Why do you wait to be down four TD's before you start doing what this team does best? Throw the ball around and take shots down field. The game plan was a total disaster from the start. This game made State look like it has a juggernaut defense. This is a very average State defense. As it showed at the end of the third and the whole fourth quarter.

ND could have torched the State secondary all game. This coach is way over his head. ND will start to lose recruits real soon. You have to start looking for a replacement. Unless 7-9 wins is ok with ND. Why punt on 4th and 7?

I think for the 1st time, Kelly also realized much of what you just said.

But now what?

The only solution is really that Swarbrick needs to go, so the successor can take care of business.

Otherwise it will be status quo. "get used to it"

Reactions: NDAyers
Neither of them are going anywhere cause the money continues to flow in. As long as the marketing strategy of ND continues to bring in cash the fanbase will continue to be lied to about the goal being championship caliber football teams and we will continue to see the same circus on the field year in and year out.

Reactions: NDAyers
they are killing off the Subway Alums!

w/o the Sub alums, that is just a small campus in the midwest that used to have a football team!

Then when that truth drives home, the cash flow gets turned off.

During the Dayne Crist fiasco, and seeing the truth of the matters, I posted veiled and blunt contempt and dislike for Kelly's behavior. I also predicted that when he left ND, ND would no longer be a major football program.

I fear this might be coming true and hope to heck something can be done to reverse this direction. This is something I want to be wrong about.

Reactions: G_a_r_y
"Get use to it" remember that little gem? For all the bitching about coaches and lack of prep, it still comes down to players making plays. There weren't too many players on ND doing that. I think the reality is this. Kelly is an ok coach. The ND players are good not great. Being ok and good doesn't win championships. It's September 18th and the season is over. The reality is there isn't anything left to play for. Look if I'm a player and have a shot at the NFL, my goal would be to not get hurt. Two things are apparent. ND needs an elite coach who knows what it takes to win. The ND administration doesn't care about winning football games let alone championships. Both the statements go hand in hand. Because of the second part you will never get the first part. They could hire whatever coach they want. It wouldn't even matter. Without the ability to get elite players, due to restrictions, they will just be an average program. That is a fact.

Kelly needs to be sent packing now. I don't care how much money it takes. ND better cut their loses now or the future of ND football is going to go back ten years. I believe Coach Kelly did a lot for ND football. I take nothing away from the man. However, he was paid very well for all he has done while at ND. Now, it is time to cut ties. He is not and will never be a big game coach. He was out coached again last night. Why do you wait to be down four TD's before you start doing what this team does best? Throw the ball around and take shots down field. The game plan was a total disaster from the start. This game made State look like it has a juggernaut defense. This is a very average State defense. As it showed at the end of the third and the whole fourth quarter.

ND could have torched the State secondary all game. This coach is way over his head. ND will start to lose recruits real soon. You have to start looking for a replacement. Unless 7-9 wins is ok with ND. Why punt on 4th and 7?

Reactions: bgsimm
Do you watch both sides of the ball, or just ND's side? Do you really think MSU, Clemson, Texas,Arizona and Stanford were all playing the same in our fourth qtr comebacks as they were in the first three qtrs of those games?
Maybe you can send a memo to these coaches to play conservative on offense and prevent all game. Not just the forth qtr.

I think for the 1st time, Kelly also realized much of what you just said.

But now what?

The only solution is really that Swarbrick needs to go, so the successor can take care of business.

Otherwise it will be status quo. "get used to it"

Sorry, Swarbrick is not going. The University's BOD respects him. He is one of the better plugged in AD in the country and is very respected within the industry. We'll just have to wait until both parties, Kelly and Swarbrick mutually decide to end this. I think after next season. Then the university needs to think long and hard about football and what part of life they want it to play within the university. That will be hard. Very hard. Given the culture that is evolving in college athletics, philosophical changes may need to be considered and the financing of a coach and his staff will need to be re-evaluated. This is what a death spiral looks like. Just like the last 2 years of Weis's tenure.

Reactions: HuddleBurger
When watching the play during the Texas game it was pretty clear ND's talent on defense is not that good. Particularly on the line of scrimmage. That was disappointing. They really got handled. BVG may not be the only problem on defense. Whoever they choose as the next coach - go young, go bold and pay whatever it is necessary for the coach and particularly the staff (these guys can get 6 figures plus these days - get ready and pay for it). A staff can kill a HC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT