ADVERTISEMENT

There are a LOT of spoiled brats on this board...

Irish_inPSU

All Star
Sep 22, 2008
Hear me out.

There are plenty of folks on this board calling to fire this guy or that guy, hang Kelly in the middle of campus, change this or that, etc. Quite frankly, you are the people that make it very, very difficult to like and enjoy Notre Dame football some days. Even in victory, you find plenty to bitch about regarding the coaching staff.

Now, I fully understand that this board, among others things, is a place to talk about the games, the rosters, the coaching decisions, cheerleaders, crowds and everything facet of the game in between. I have at times been critical myself of some of the on field action and decisions. However, I have never called for a coaching change, wanted someone thrown out on the street, etc.

Think about it. If the administration would fire Kelly, you'd basically have to endure three or four years of mediocre football until that coach assembles his staff, recruits personnel to fit the scheme, change the culture, etc. We see it all over CFB on a yearly basis, with many teams never having continuity for more than 5 years before a firing, and a new regime takes over.

For what its worth, I'm not that old. The only dark era I had to withstand was the Willingham, Davie and Weiss era. Do any of you remember those days? Do you realize where ND is today compared to then? Hell, back then, I only watched a handful of games a year because they were lost so deep in obscurity it wasn't worth wasting 3 hours on a Saturday. I also hope you that are calling for Kelly's head appreciate the fact that ND in the NC hunt 2 out of the last 4 years. Aside from Alabama, who in recent memory can say that? Aside from the last four years, when was the last time ND was either in the NC game, or even mentioned in the same breath as Alabama, etc? I also hope you understand the CFB is NOT like it was 20 years ago. The landscape has changed, so have many faces on the sidelines. ND is no longer one of a handful of elite teams. There are many of them from each conference. Its no longer ND, Miami, FSU, Michigan and USC. There are plenty of teams on the rise and the competition is more fierce now than ever before.

Those of you bitching about Kelly and staff, calling for their jobs, etc., get a grip. Enjoy the fact that ND is a 10+ win team each year. Sooner or later, ND will get its shot again and win a NC under Kelly. I truly believe that.

IP, I hear what you are saying. I go back quite a bit farther but that just means I have suffered longer. It also means I got to see Ara own Bear Bryant, Joe Montana, Lou win one and earn three. BK is the right man for ND and Our Lady's best days are ahead of Her.

Reactions: john0gaunt and NDVT
IP, I hear what you are saying. I go back quite a bit farther but that just means I have suffered longer. It also means I got to see Ara own Bear Bryant, Joe Montana, Lou win one and earn three. BK is the right man for ND and Our Lady's best days are ahead of Her.

Agree wholeheartedly I.G. = I was starting to get impatient w/ BK, but then I came to my senses after that bowl win vs. LSU. That day - it clicked vs a yearly SEC power and ND played a great game. Our speed matched their speed. Our athletes were on par w/ some of the SEC's finest athletes. And as I watched this team this season - I realized like a lot of other Domers that ND is actually pretty well loaded at a lot of positions. And BK finally has a legit big time QB in Kizer w/ another in Malik when he gets healthy. The stable at RB is awesome. Our Oline may be the best in CFB. Our receivers the same. BK did not have a high level QB his first 5 seasons. Now he does and that QB is surrounded by some great talent. Gonna be fun these next few years.

Reactions: Irish Grandeur
Bk is fine, even with his hiccup per game. His offense is fine. Defense is the concern. Reminds me of Weis to a lesser extent. I'm so sick of hearing how difficult VG's scheme is. I'm also sick of hearing we need to get more talent.

Reactions: perseverare
Bk is fine, even with his hiccup per game. His offense is fine. Defense is the concern. Reminds me of Weis to a lesser extent. I'm so sick of hearing how difficult VG's scheme is. I'm also sick of hearing we need to get more talent.

It is a combination of a lack of talent as well as injuries on defense, not sure how you can't see it? Either way I could careless now. I personally like BVG's defense and think he has done a good job, considering what I just mentioned, but if it is too complicated for the college level then time to change.

I grew up on movies about ND football in the early sixties. I became a ND fan officially at the end of 1963. Ara and I came in together and that's why I adopted him as my unofficial step dad after my dad passed away at age 11 in 1965. I wanted a male role model in my life and Ara fit the bill. When I faced big decisions growing up I looked to the man I admired from afar. I never could understand the Leahy generation complaining about Ara. I do now, so I give the youngsters plenty of leeway. I have become a patient man, so I let the things play out since I have no control over them. Uncle Jack or Coach Kelly aren't going to call me for advice so I don't sweat the small stuff. I'm guilty of calling for a few firings in my lifetime. I really want to see this next edition of Coach VanGorder's defense before pulling the plug. I will defer to Coach Kelly since it's his team. He must live with the consequences.

I think you are my favorite poster, Ara. You have great stories and lots of wisdom.

Reactions: john0gaunt
For those that do follow the game........

We have seen BK evolve with his game plans over the years at ND. And.........he is still evolving. So, credit is due to him for looking around and seeing what is going on in the rest of big time CFB and being willing to change with the times.

Has he made changes according to everyones liking? Now that's a matter of GREAT DEBATE!

Some people just don't get it. CFB is extremely competitive these days. There is no longer a short list of power schools. There are many schools with good enough athletes to beat you on any given day.

ND is also behind the eight ball a bit because of their high academic standards. I don't think its as big a deal as some lend you to believe. I mean, if Stanford can do it and be competitive on the field, so can ND.

Like I said, I lived through the trainwreck of the late 90's and early 2k's during the Davie, Willingham and Weiss days. This is far from that. Do any of you remember the days of getting blown out by USC, Michigan, etc? I sure do. When was the last time ND was blown out? I'll take the current situation over those days any day.

When I saw this thread I thought it may not go over well However, I realize the negative nellie posters will not respond here. i agree that College Football is very competitive and it is difficult to maintain a team year in year out as a top 10 team With Kelly I believe for the most part we have a chance to get to the party. Also he does it the right way. There are other coach's that are similar but they get fired because schools expect a year after year NC run. Take a look at Mark Richt he is one of the good guys in CFB.

Well in fairness wasn't Richt there for fifteen years? I don't know that the Georgia fans expect a National Championship after the length of time since Hershel Walker left. I think that they were more disappointed in how their Dawgs performed against some of their traditional rivals and that led to the change in leadership. imho

Reactions: TurnoverMachine
Richt's career at Georgia was very good however, he had a few years where the team has sub par performances roughly 500 record. He then built them up to a top 10 team. The odds of winning your conference or being a playoff team year to year is slim. Eventually even Saban will have problems

Ara, taking a neutral stand on almost everything kinda goes against every message board, chat room, and tavern across the nation. When sports was created, the debate started. I understand everything about the program is out of our hands but so is politics, movies, music, and social issues but everyone still discusses and debates. You stated not to long ago that the Secondary has made great strides and that is absolute nonsense. There is a problem. A big problem. The fanbase can be very happy with 10-2 and still be concerned about the defense. We are able to multi-task. Debate and discussion is good. Attacks on differing opinion is bad. BK has had to answer questions about the defense virtually every single post game presser. That's the way it is right now.

absolutely nothing about kelly reminds me of weis and thankfully so. weis was perhaps the worst administrator of a program ever. kelly is one of the best. i don't get the comparison at all.

Not to be too critical but there are several issues with this argument. Let me first say, if you read my posts I am not a Kelly hater but I think there needs to be balance in your argument.

First, I really dislike the argument he's better than the 3 previous coaches. Certainly he is better, they were 3 of the worst in ND history. Why not compare him to Frank Leahy or Knute?

Second, it would not take a new coach 3 years to get to 10 wins. There is a lot of talent on this team (thanks to Kelly & Co.) so a new (capable) coach could win 9 games easily. A HC with experience will already have a lot of contacts he has worked to draw a staff from.

Third, ND has not been a consistent 10 win team under Kelly. In his 6 years they have won 10 games twice.

I do agree with Ara that the coaches under Kelly need to be his choices and he has to live with them. As HC he is completely and totally responsible for everything in the program.... the good and the bad.

firing a coach (especially considering all the injuries this year) who finishes 10-2 would be idiotic. what message does that send to the coaching world ? the job is not attractive now given all it entails. who would take it under that scenario ? you'd get another weis, a guy with no experience who should never even be considered for such a job.

Not to be too critical but there are several issues with this argument. Let me first say, if you read my posts I am not a Kelly hater but I think there needs to be balance in your argument.

First, I really dislike the argument he's better than the 3 previous coaches. Certainly he is better, they were 3 of the worst in ND history. Why not compare him to Frank Leahy or Knute?

Second, it would not take a new coach 3 years to get to 10 wins. There is a lot of talent on this team (thanks to Kelly & Co.) so a new (capable) coach could win 9 games easily. A HC with experience will already have a lot of contacts he has worked to draw a staff from.

Third, ND has not been a consistent 10 win team under Kelly. In his 6 years they have won 10 games twice.

I do agree with Ara that the coaches under Kelly need to be his choices and he has to live with them. As HC he is completely and totally responsible for everything in the program.... the good and the bad.
Your argument has some big holes - 2013 and 2014 would have been 10+ seasons if the roster had stayed intact ie Golson 2013 injuries 2014 . Naysayers like yourself want to conveniently over look those facts to support a biased negative agenda re Coach Kelly .

Kelly recruited a roster capable of winning ten games in both those seasons but was bitten by circumstances beyond his control . Also anyone who sees this season as just a " ten win season " doesn't get it . Two losses by four points on the road vs the #1 and #7 teams in the country with a depleted roster .
If someone thinks another coach coaching @ ND could have had a better season than what we saw this year given injuries and the difficulty of the schedule they are delusional , and not worthy of even having a discussion with .
Lastly there are some very sick angry people on this board and their negative obsessive nonsense should be monitored and eliminated from this forum . Sifting through their crap is toxic and reflects poorly on the Notre Dame fan base .The rants have no value - no substance and is simply pablum being spewed by some very ill souls .

Last edited:
Reactions: Weisnheimer
Your argument has some big holes - 2013 and 2014 would have been 10+ seasons if the roster had stayed intact ie Golson 2013 injuries 2014 . Naysayers like yourself want to conveniently over look those facts to support a biased negative agenda re Coach Kelly .

Kelly recruited a roster capable of winning ten games in both those seasons but was bitten by circumstances beyond his control . Also anyone who sees this season as just a " ten win season " doesn't get it . Two losses by four points on the road vs the #1 and #7 teams in the country with a depleted roster .
If someone thinks another coach coaching @ ND could have had a better season than what we saw this year they are delusional .

Ah, the fiction writer. Show me conclusive evidence, beyond a shadow of a doubt that ND would have won 10 games in '13 or '14? Here is a fact, an incontrovertible fact, ND won 8 regular season games in '13 and 7 regular season games last year. You can try to make up stories, play "what-if" games, use twisted and 3 grade logic to try and explain ND to 10 wins in those years but the facts are the facts and the facts say you are wrong, and that's not even debatable.

Your problem is that you are only able to see things in 2 dimensions, either Kelly is perfect or he's completely incompetent. Your cognitive reasoning is so limited that you simply cannot process the fact that Kelly has done some very good things and he's made some terrible errors. Now the degree of each is certainly debatable. Sadly, your limited capacity to reason only lets you see things in absolutes and the minutiae in the middle completely escapes you. I feel sorry for you.

Reactions: Bodizephax
Irish in psu,

It is a sounding board. But there are those rational and those looking for the cliff.

Some complaints are legitimate some not so much.
The worst ones are fire this guy. Why? Just because.

You have to take the bad with the good. Every single coach has a short coming. Saban included.
Brian Kelly is bringing in really talented players. He is busting his ass recruiting kids. He is not ignoring defense like CW. He is not riding a coat tail of Lou Holtz like BD. And he definitely isn't in over his head like TW.

So he is getting material. Great!

The bad, he has a red zone problem. It's an adventure at times. Sadly it feels like a relief when we score outside the 20. That is a fact that either we live with the good and his short coming or look elsewhere. Personally I'm willing to keep him in hopes he can evaluate his past red zone issues and he should really polish up his time management skills (game clock)

BVG on the other hand. ...not sure what to say here. His defense has problems. Tackling is atrocious. Down right embarrassing. If he isn't teaching tackling then shame on him for allowing whomever or however its being taught/practiced to continue. Poor positional play, personnel being misused, etc.
I said going into the year we can score on anyone. I said the question mark was defensively. We have some athletes now we shall see.

Well would you say the defense is doing a good job, all things considered?

Irish in psu,

It is a sounding board. But there are those rational and those looking for the cliff.

You have to take the bad with the good. Every single coach has a short coming. Saban included.
Brian Kelly is bringing in really talented players. He is busting his ass recruiting kids. He is not ignoring defense like CW. He is not riding a coat tail of Lou Holtz like BD. And he definitely isn't in over his head like TW.

The bad, he has a red zone problem. It's an adventure at times. Sadly it feels like a relief when we score outside the 20. That is a fact that either we live with the good and his short coming or look elsewhere. Personally I'm willing to keep him in hopes he can evaluate his past red zone issues and he should really polish up his time management skills (game clock)

BVG on the other hand. ...not sure what to say here. His defense has problems. Tackling is atrocious. Down right embarrassing. If he isn't teaching tackling then shame on him for allowing whomever or however its being taught/practiced to continue. Poor positional play, personnel being misused, etc.
I said going into the year we can score on anyone. I said the question mark was defensively. We have some athletes now we shall see.

First class post!!!!!

Hear me out.

There are plenty of folks on this board calling to fire this guy or that guy, hang Kelly in the middle of campus, change this or that, etc. Quite frankly, you are the people that make it very, very difficult to like and enjoy Notre Dame football some days. Even in victory, you find plenty to bitch about regarding the coaching staff.

Now, I fully understand that this board, among others things, is a place to talk about the games, the rosters, the coaching decisions, cheerleaders, crowds and everything facet of the game in between. I have at times been critical myself of some of the on field action and decisions. However, I have never called for a coaching change, wanted someone thrown out on the street, etc.

Think about it. If the administration would fire Kelly, you'd basically have to endure three or four years of mediocre football until that coach assembles his staff, recruits personnel to fit the scheme, change the culture, etc. We see it all over CFB on a yearly basis, with many teams never having continuity for more than 5 years before a firing, and a new regime takes over.

For what its worth, I'm not that old. The only dark era I had to withstand was the Willingham, Davie and Weiss era. Do any of you remember those days? Do you realize where ND is today compared to then? Hell, back then, I only watched a handful of games a year because they were lost so deep in obscurity it wasn't worth wasting 3 hours on a Saturday. I also hope you that are calling for Kelly's head appreciate the fact that ND in the NC hunt 2 out of the last 4 years. Aside from Alabama, who in recent memory can say that? Aside from the last four years, when was the last time ND was either in the NC game, or even mentioned in the same breath as Alabama, etc? I also hope you understand the CFB is NOT like it was 20 years ago. The landscape has changed, so have many faces on the sidelines. ND is no longer one of a handful of elite teams. There are many of them from each conference. Its no longer ND, Miami, FSU, Michigan and USC. There are plenty of teams on the rise and the competition is more fierce now than ever before.

Those of you bitching about Kelly and staff, calling for their jobs, etc., get a grip. Enjoy the fact that ND is a 10+ win team each year. Sooner or later, ND will get its shot again and win a NC under Kelly. I truly believe that.

There are far more delusional sunshine pumpers. Stanford just blew apart our playoff hopes in the most heart wrenching way possible. Our last line of defense on the 26-27 yard throw stupidly backed up to our own 30-31. Yay, let's give them field goal range. Dumbbell went for 2 again and left a door open for us to be screwed earlier. 35-30 is a heckuva lot better than 35-29....

Instead of setting up this straw man why don't you address a post where someone called for kelly to be fired?

Let's see you find a post and address that individual or individuals. According to you there are plenty.....

I think I've seen turnover and lallapalooza (or whatever he goes by), but I haven't seen plenty of folks doing so.

PS I haven't read every post here so maybe I missed something.

"hang Kelly in the middle of campus" that's very disturbing and authored only by you....

Quite frankly the sunshine pumpers on this board that go hysterical over every valid criticism of the lying vulgar purple faced gnome are what often makes our fan base look idiotic.

argus anyone?

Ah, the fiction writer. Show me conclusive evidence, beyond a shadow of a doubt that ND would have won 10 games in '13 or '14? Here is a fact, an incontrovertible fact, ND won 8 regular season games in '13 and 7 regular season games last year. You can try to make up stories, play "what-if" games, use twisted and 3 grade logic to try and explain ND to 10 wins in those years but the facts are the facts and the facts say you are wrong, and that's not even debatable.

Your problem is that you are only able to see things in 2 dimensions, either Kelly is perfect or he's completely incompetent. Your cognitive reasoning is so limited that you simply cannot process the fact that Kelly has done some very good things and he's made some terrible errors. Now the degree of each is certainly debatable. Sadly, your limited capacity to reason only lets you see things in absolutes and the minutiae in the middle completely escapes you. I feel sorry for you.
In 2013 Kelly lost his QB (and the core of his team to the NFL after an undefeated regular 2012 season.)
In 2014 Kelly lost four essential starters (their best receiver, corner and rusher) before the season (then the injuries started.)

Agree with this post. Kelly is the man. Given the climate in college football these days (recruiting has gotten so competitive) I believe Holtz would not have done much better. The guy everyone loves (me included) got us to one national championship game in 11 seasons. Yes he did win that one - I was there - but only one. In '93 he had the best talent in college football and he didn't get it done. Kelly has never had the best talent in college football (yet.)

I like winning all of our home games. I like being in every game until (the Weis years were just embarrassing.) I like being in the conversation three out of the last four years (yes, even last year pre-and post Florida State. Did I like losing to Clemson or Stanford? No. Not at all. But we were there until the final minute with a third string QB and a 4th string RB. Our offense (especially our o-line) is top four. Our defense is not. That is where Kelly need to focus his attention. I am not a fan of BVG's D but will defer to our head coach.

Thanks for the positive post.

Reactions: kellys heroes 35
Richt's career at Georgia was very good however, he had a few years where the team has sub par performances roughly 500 record. He then built them up to a top 10 team. The odds of winning your conference or being a playoff team year to year is slim. Eventually even Saban will have problems

Think Pelini

cgvr, turnover, smellykaren, all you guys who accuse us of being "delusional sunshine pumpers" need to look in the mirror. You all live in the fantasy land of Bob Stoops, Nick Saban or Pete Carroll (when Holtz was hired it was Don Shula!) coming to South Bend. That was never ever going to happen. Too many academic restrictions (and no junior college transfers) makes it all but certain that you will never be able to put the best 22 players in the nation on the field. There are challenges of being in a Catholic institution in yes, South Bend where I happily lived for four years but it ain't Los Angeles! People like you guys grumbled when we 'settled' on Holtz back in the days -- he wasn't the brightest star in the coaching ranks -- but that is what you guys do. You sit there and poke holes and bitch and complain and.... crickets. You never step up with alternatives or options. And that makes it clear to me that you've never spent a second on a football field, baseball diamond or basketball court -- athletes just don't think like you. We have to look to the positive and work to make things better.

Your bile has nearly ruined this site and driven great posters like IIO and 35 away. It is a shame. Debate, disagreement --- all of that is great but as John Prine once said:

"Stop wishing for bad luck and knocking on wood."

Irish in psu,

There are far more delusional sunshine pumpers. Stanford just blew apart our playoff hopes in the most heart wrenching way possible. Our last line of defense on the 26-27 yard throw stupidly backed up to our own 30-31. Yay, let's give them field goal range. Dumbbell went for 2 again and left a door open for us to be screwed earlier. 35-30 is a heckuva lot better than 35-29....

Instead of setting up this straw man why don't you address a post where someone called for kelly to be fired?

Let's see you find a post and address that individual or individuals. According to you there are plenty.....

I think I've seen turnover and lallapalooza (or whatever he goes by), but I haven't seen plenty of folks doing so.

PS I haven't read every post here so maybe I missed something.

"hang Kelly in the middle of campus" that's very disturbing and authored only by you....

Quite frankly the sunshine pumpers on this board that go hysterical over every valid criticism of the lying vulgar purple faced gnome are what often makes our fan base look idiotic.

argus anyone?
going for two was not a mistake. quite the contrary. i've talked to a bunch of coaches who agree. kelly could win the national championship. cure cancer and give you a billion dollars and you would twist things to make him look bad. the problem is in your mirror.

Reactions: zonairish
Pers is tough but not in those guys' class of negativity. I get that Pers loves ND and he will give Kelly props when he deserves it. He isn't happy about recruiting but that is what this site is about -- offering 'suggestions' on recruiting. Right? I'm not a football expert like Tex and IIO and others on this board, but we all like to sling suggestions around -- for guys like Turnover and Buguit and cvgr -- it is the same post again and again and again. kelly sucks. ND is going nowhere. Yeah, we get it guys, go to the Oklahoma site then!

Go Irish!

cgvr, turnover, smellykaren, all you guys who accuse us of being "delusional sunshine pumpers" need to look in the mirror. You all live in the fantasy land of Bob Stoops, Nick Saban or Pete Carroll (when Holtz was hired it was Don Shula!) coming to South Bend. That was never ever going to happen. Too many academic restrictions (and no junior college transfers) makes it all but certain that you will never be able to put the best 22 players in the nation on the field. There are challenges of being in a Catholic institution in yes, South Bend where I happily lived for four years but it ain't Los Angeles! People like you guys grumbled when we 'settled' on Holtz back in the days -- he wasn't the brightest star in the coaching ranks -- but that is what you guys do. You sit there and poke holes and bitch and complain and.... crickets. You never step up with alternatives or options. And that makes it clear to me that you've never spent a second on a football field, baseball diamond or basketball court -- athletes just don't think like you. We have to look to the positive and work to make things better.

Your bile has nearly ruined this site and driven great posters like IIO and 35 away. It is a shame. Debate, disagreement --- all of that is great but as John Prine once said:

Spot on Studon - 100 % accurate - and nice when some people on here can see the forest through the trees.

Reactions: FLballcoach1

I defy you to find one post where I have mentioned stoops, saban, carroll or shula. The fact that you would make something like that up as a crutch is indicative of the bs on this board. The one and only guy that I would have had in my cross hairs for years since he retired is Tony Dungy. Your attributing remarks with "people like you" is asinine and mendacious.

Find something I wrote that you disagree with and have at it.

Making stuff up is typical in the world of delusion....

going for two was not a mistake. quite the contrary. i've talked to a bunch of coaches who agree. kelly could win the national championship. cure cancer and give you a billion dollars and you would twist things to make him look bad. the problem is in your mirror.
Anyone who focuses on that 2 point conversion is doing so because they know nothing about the game or competition . It had NOTHING To do with the outcome of the game and and anyone focused on that is simply exposing themselves as ignorant to the game of football .

60 minute game ND loses by 2 pts and Kelly left 1 point on the field AND if the two pt conversion worked Stanford game ending FG would have been for a tie -- insanity focusing on that as a negative - simple math dictates that Kelly made the right decision going for two .

BTW if Kizer makes a clean throw to Robinson on 2 pt conversion ND would have had an extra point to win the game vs clemson

The only PAT decision that was a mistake was Shaw deciding to go for one when they went up by five. Kelly made a sound decision, and as everyone has noted, our failure to convert had nothing to do with the final outcome.

The difference between Perse and the fanatic Kelly haters is that Perse will be in line to celebrate Kelly's success if he wins a NC, and give him credit, but not without some benign reference to some other influence that also deserves credit. Whereas the guys Stu called out, simply hate Kelly and will never celebrate his success.

Hope Perse has this opportunity next year.

I don't care who you spoke with.... They're wrong.

The 35-29 score held for the better part of the 1/4.

If Stanford had kicked a FG to make it 38-29 it's a 2 score game.

Then 38 on a FG won it.

The only PAT decision that was a mistake was Shaw deciding to go for one when they went up by five. Kelly made a sound decision, and as everyone has noted, our failure to convert had nothing to do with the final outcome.

The difference between Perse and the fanatic Kelly haters is that Perse will be in line to celebrate Kelly's success if he wins a NC, and give him credit, but not without some benign reference to some other influence that also deserves credit. Whereas the guys Stu called out, simply hate Kelly and will never celebrate his success.

Hope Perse has this opportunity next year.

Wrong. He knew he could make it a 9 point game and put things out of reach with a FG.

He wasn't chasing points....

Hear me out.

He's an average coach...you can spin it all you want but enablers like yourself allow the continued demise of ND. We haven't won a title in 25+ years and with this 2-4 of out coached losses a year being "great" then let's just a join the Big 10 already and evolve into another Northwestern.

I believe that Telx1 is correct in his/her? analysis. so+1

Really?

So, your saying that Shaw and the rest of the Stanford football coaching brain trust isn't as smart as echo's ring of "experts" and Telx1.

Believe me, Shaw knows the difference between an 8 and 9 point lead....

He was zeroed in....

He's an average coach...you can spin it all you want but enablers like yourself allow the continued demise of ND. We haven't won a title in 25+ years and with this 2-4 of out coached losses a year being "great" then let's just a join the Big 10 already and evolve into another Northwestern.

This is an absolute that ND fans need to embrace.

We are built on National championships and are crushed by near misses. Folks that are basking in a current ten win season to date and making excuses will never get it.

Can the staff evolve and improve?

Of course that's possible, but it's going to take an epiphany and commitment to "impose your will football" on both sides of the ball among other things.

Right now, no matter how anyone wants to sugar coat the near misses the best Bowl win we've had in 20 years is the Music City Bowl. That sucks.

What happened at the end of the Stanford game should have people beyond pissed/upset/sick....

Instead, many folks on this board are behaving like the f'ing king at the wedding in Monty Python and the Holy Grail....

5:48.....

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think fans need to understand that more than ever there is parody in college football. So many teams are better than years ago. Every week really is a battle. For ND to go 10 and 2 is nothing short of amazing. I've stated this before. I do not think any fan really knew how short on talent the Irish were prior to Kelly arriving. I understand the 3 year barometer. It actually took a couple more years to get them in place. Now he has talent all over. This season proved that. You don't win 10 games without talented players. Brian Kelly has done a great job. I for one hope he stays. It's finding the right coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT