ADVERTISEMENT

The most horrendous play call ever

Looked like a bad snap, not sure if it was the actual call, or Milroe just panicked? I ****ing can’t stand Michigan, so I turned it off as soon as Milroe went down. Didn’t stick out for the replay so I could be wrong. I’m so pissed right now. **** it, we should just start scheduling cupcakes and cheat our asses off. It’s gonna pay off for Michigan and their trash fans

Reactions: Kelso86
lol @ "we should schedule cupcakes like Michigan"

Notre Dame's entire schedule is a cupcake with the cherry on top that is the ACC partial membership.

Bro, I don’t like UM but are you really blaming “cHeATiNg” for their success this year?

Get serious..
Exactly! I thought Bama would steamroll them, just because Michigan gas been horrendous in most postseason games. However, give them credit. They outplayed Ohio State, and just beat Alabama. Fair and square. No cheating. Just better football.

Interesting narrative, a team with the ~15th best talent in the country takes down the team with the most talent. Oh and the greatest coach of all time.. Bama with 19 five star players to UM’s 3. Looks like ND is well positioned as they whip UM on the recruiting trail.

You turn everything into shitting on your own university
Really frustrated and cynical with a program that has has been spinning their wheels for 30 years and going absolutely nowhere and insulting its fans by pissing on them and calling it rain.

Texted the Bama fans in my family and stated "See why we were happy y'all took Tommy Rees..he learned how to shit the bed in big games like his mentor Brian Kelly!"

• Haha
Reactions: scubavt
Really frustrated and cynical with a program that has has been spinning their wheels for 30 years and going absolutely nowhere and insulting its fans by pissing on them and calling it rain.
Don't let the door hit you. If anyone met you they would swear you were just a hater. That's better than most posters on the board feel.

Texted the Bama fans in my family and stated "See why we were happy y'all took Tommy Rees..he learned how to shit the bed in big games like his mentor Brian Kelly!"
We don't know that Tommy called that play. After a timeout it was likely Nick.

Reactions: Kelso86
Seems to me it was the defense that shit the bed. Seems to me the AL defense crapped the bed. I recall AL was winning, up 7, with 3 minutes to go and proceeded to give up a long drive for the tying scored, then got gashed in OT. But the Rees hate narrative is all the idiots on this board want to promulgate

Seems to me it was the defense that shit the bed. Seems to me the AL defense crapped the bed. I recall AL was winning, up 7, with 3 minutes to go and proceeded to give up a long drive for the tying scored, then got gashed in OT. But the Rees hate narrative is all the idiots on this board want to promulgate
Notre Dame Football fans, adult fans mind you, who sit around on a keyboard and talk shit about a 32-year-old Notre Dame grad, who QB'd ND for 4 seasons, was OC for 3 seasons, and simply works hard at his chosen profession. .

SMH.

Reactions: DieHard_Irish
It was still a horrendous play call. C'mon.
Exactly. No hate involved. ND man or not Reese is way overhyped and always has been as an OC. He's just not all that now but at 32 he probably will end up being really good as a play caller as he gains more experience.

Exactly. No hate involved. ND man or not Reese is way overhyped and always has been as an OC. He's just not all that now but at 32 he probably will end up being really good as a play caller as he gains more experience.
What is your experience as a college OC?

Sugar coat it or say it’s on Saban etc. That Alabama offense had zero creativity all game long, couldn’t pick up the blitz, and would not have fooled a HS team with play calls. Milroe was not very good and McCarthy was much better. Did Milroe even complete a pass from the pocket ?

No he doesn’t, you’re making this up
Of course he is making this up to absolve Rees of any blame but even Saban said it was Rees’s call in postgame press conference

“We called timeout because we had a bad look. We had a good look on the first one, they must’ve known it,” explained Saban. “Tommy [Rees] felt like the best thing that we could do was have a quarterback run... but we didn’t get a block so it didn’t work. We didn’t execute it very well, so it didn’t work.”

Reactions: DublinND
Sugar coat it or say it’s on Saban etc. That Alabama offense had zero creativity all game long, couldn’t pick up the blitz, and would not have fooled a HS team with play calls. Milroe was not very good and McCarthy was much better. Did Milroe even complete a pass from the pocket ?
Zero creativity? How would your game plan for Michigan and play calling differ from Tommy Rees?

That's what I figured.

I have a hard time listening to adults tell other adults what they would have done differently as an OC from their couch.

That's what I figured.

I have a hard time listening to adults tell other adults what they would have done differently as an OC from their couch.
Awww.. it's so hard. You'll be OK. Try not to be such a drama queen. Reese is not good as an OC. It is what it is . And this is a ND football internet chat board. We don't need permission from you to state an opinion.

Reactions: futuredomer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT