ADVERTISEMENT

The Jaylon Smith effect?

scubastevefl

I've posted how many times?
Dec 9, 2006
Christian Mccaffrey and Leonard Forenette skipping out of meaningless bowl games. Going to become a trend.

All things being considered you're a projection 1st round round pick playing in a meaningless bowl game, what's the point. Now if this was the national championship game that would be something different. He's given the school 3 years of the skills for his scholarship and I'm sure they've already made more money off of him in retrospect to his scholarship. So his stance here is fine by me. If I was in the same situation I would probably do the same thing.

Reactions: Irishjohn68
All things being considered you're a projection 1st round round pick playing in a meaningless bowl game, what's the point. Now if this was the national championship game that would be something different. He's given the school 3 years of the skills for his scholarship and I'm sure they've already made more money off of him in retrospect to his scholarship. So his stance here is fine by me. If I was in the same situation I would probably do the same thing.

You have to think on that. Loyalty to your team mates and school versus the real chance you could be seriously injured and loose millions or even your potential career all together.

There's an old saying "bowl games are the start of next season not the end of last season"
Stanford might be better served giving practice and playing time to a player who will be on the roster in 2017.

Reactions: Kelso86
I completely agree with Fournette and McCaffrey's decisions and I'm sure Jaylon's situation has more kids stopping to think about playing their bowl games. Obviously, most anyone would consider LSU and Stanford's bowl games meaningless this season and the playoffs would be a different story. Does anyone think the New Year's Six bowls are a gray area? If Jaylon hadn't played last year with us playing in a NY6 game, I think people would've given him all kinds of hell for it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT