ADVERTISEMENT

Moving Forward

Unfortunately he gets two years. Hopefully if this repeats. And the schedule is probably harder next year, they eject him in Dec. 2023.
What sucks is it’s inevitable, it’s going to happen, it’s going to be worse for everyone involved to wait that long, it’ll take longer to rebuild, but that’s the way it’ll work regardless

What sucks is it’s inevitable, it’s going to happen, it’s going to be worse for everyone involved to wait that long, it’ll take longer to rebuild, but that’s the way it’ll work regardless
Rees should be gone after the season and they should replace him with an experienced OC. Harry Heistand should be gone as well, OL is underperforming. You can't win games scoring 14 points.

Rees should be gone after the season and they should replace him with an experienced OC. Harry Heistand should be gone as well, OL is underperforming. You can't win games scoring 14 points.
you can if the opposition scores 13; I looked it up.

• Haha
Reactions: NDinNJ
Most of us questioned but were supportive. I always cautioned that the odds were against Freeman for a lack of head coaching experience.

I still will support Freeman. He still should get 2-3 years, unless there is catastrophic failure. There still is a lot left in the season, so the verdict is still out.

Plus, as we’ve often discussed, there is no easy fix. You can’t just knee jerk fire Freeman, as ND faces many impediments to producing a good football team. I too sense Freeman is not looking likely to succeed, but he has to be given a chance.
For how long ?

Marshall and Stanford has shown the rest of our schedule the blueprint on how to beat ND. Freeman is completely lost on the sidelines. I thought he was lost last year and ND promotes him to head coach? What a shit show this has become.

Reactions: Airzee23
Collectively as a group ND needs to decide “are we gonna fake it. Be a developmental program and be satisfied with what’s coming?” Or are they going to do what they need to do to allow themselves to get to the next level. They better embrace the portal and NIL and create an academic program to get select athletes in the school (whatever that is) or it’s over. They become Wisconsin. Every three years a good/great team and the back to developing.
LOL..
But they aren't even developing players.

I’m not saying I’m
Hopeful the season repeats. I’m hopeful
That if it unfortunately does they eject him.

Still glad he's gone!!
Yes...!!!!!
If we have to wade through a 3-9 season (we won't) I'd still welcome that to be rid of BK.

Hell we endured the shit show of 4-8 in 2016 and 38 drop backs for passes in a hurricane...

We were forced to swallow that garbage and give him another chance...

I'm willing to see MF through a shit season too

Maybe, but the product needs to improve next year. All the progress we had the last 3 weeks came to a halt today. After starting 0-2 we can't afford this.

Yes...!!!!!
If we have to wade through a 3-9 season (we won't) I'd still welcome that to be rid of BK.

Hell we endured the shit show of 4-8 in 2016 and 38 drop backs for passes in a hurricane...

We were forced to swallow that garbage and give him another chance...

I'm willing to see MF through a shit season too
So going backwards is ok with you? This is what I was afraid of. BK had us on the doorstep of winning it all now we are heading back to the desert, and for how long.

Reactions: christophero
I actually told my wife tonight if they’re gonna go 6-6 idc rather they went 5-7 and no bowl game. Unless…… SC is the 6th win. But they’d all have to die on the bus ride over and it would still go into OT.

I could stomach 7-5. Because that would mean a win over somebody good down the stretch but come on man! This team should be 5-1. It’s not even a big ask to have them 5-1. It’s Marshall. Who has three losses. And Stanford who beat Colgate. And nobody else since September of 2021.

Reactions: IrishMike409
In a perfect world a guy like Stoops gets hired and keeps Freeman as DC. Rees leaves. ND is now 5-1. Oh and I’m sure recruiting stays the same as well.

Reactions: Airzee23
In a perfect world a guy like Stoops gets hired and keeps Freeman as DC. Rees leaves. ND is now 5-1. Oh and I’m sure recruiting stays the same as well.
I think if ND had an offense with a pulse, they would have won in the horseshoe! There is absolutely no reason this team, with the talent that they have, should be anything less than 5-1; and frankly, I can easily see them 6-0.

Reactions: IrishMike409
I think if ND had an offense with a pulse, they would have won in the horseshoe! There is absolutely no reason this team, with the talent that they have, should be anything less than 5-1; and frankly, I can easily see them 6-0.

I think the ND QBs alone making winning against OSU unlikely. The talent is decent, but not elite. I do however agree the coaching isn't maximizing the talent ND has...not even close.

Let's see how the rest of the season plays out.

How does Stanford always seem to have a QB. But ND never? You don’t think ND would be 5-1 heck maybe 6-0 with that guy?

I think the ND QBs alone making winning against OSU unlikely. The talent is decent, but not elite. I do however agree the coaching isn't maximizing the talent ND has...not even close.

As bad as the coaching has been, a play here or there and ND would have beat OSU. The better team definitely won, but the way OSU played that day left the door open for ND to steal one.

How does Stanford always seem to have a QB. But ND never? You don’t think ND would be 5-1 heck maybe 6-0 with that guy?
Not sure the academic standards for athletes at Stanford vs ND, but just from a general academic standard, it is a heck of a lot harder to get into Stanford than ND. If they can do it, there should be no reason why ND should fall short.

So going backwards is ok with you? This is what I was afraid of. BK had us on the doorstep of winning it all now we are heading back to the desert, and for how long.
That doorstep sentiment is overstating a great deal.

Maybe it felt like the doorstep to you but I know we actually had to play those games and we were at the end of the driveway looking in...not even close to the doorstep.

The bad combo here is Rees without his Daddy holding his hand. That offense sucks but BK was the master of his sucking offense.
Rees is alone now and his coaching is really being exposed.

Reactions: futuredomer

Yawning.

Been that way for a dozen years

Stanfords qb is barely better than Pyne, if at all. He outplayed him tonight for sure but we need to do much better than either of them if we want to be ever be elite. Look at the QBs that have beaten Alabama in the last 10 years. That’s what we need

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT