ADVERTISEMENT

Moving Forward

Want to know how bad things are? SP+ has us at FORTY THREE right now. We would be 7 point dogs at Illinois. Remarkable.

Fire this clown now.

For a guy like me to notice poor play calling, it has to be really bad. I was ok with Rees up to now. He did well under CBK and I attributed losses up to now on other things.

But yesterday Rees was exposed. I am not sure what Freeman can do other than course correct with Rees. That's obvious. But I firing seems obviously knee jerk and counterproductive.

The seeds for this were sown with appointing Freeman and opting for this staff with no head coaching experience. It is what it is now. There is no quick fix. Swarbrick took a high risk/reward gamble that many of us pointed out last year...with the higher odds playing out for now.

Still a long season, although things provably will not turn around. But my armchair coaching sense is Freeman better prepare to bring in an experienced OC next season...if things indeed stay south. ND is south right now.

Carr would start next year. If he doesn’t reclassify, I think he will have to bolt. ND is just too horrendous for him.

For a guy like me to notice poor play calling, it has to be really bad. I was ok with Rees up to now. He did well under CBK and I attributed losses up to now on other things.

But yesterday Rees was exposed. I am not sure what Freeman can do other than course correct with Rees. That's obvious. But I firing seems obviously knee jerk and counterproductive.

The seeds for this were sown with appointing Freeman and opting for this staff with no head coaching experience. It is what it is now. There is no quick fix. Swarbrick took a high risk/reward gamble that many of us pointed out last year...with the higher odds playing out for now.

Still a long season, although things provably will not turn around. But my armchair coaching sense is Freeman better prepare to bring in an experienced OC next season...if things indeed stay south. ND is south right now.
And they absolutely need a portal QB. Do you guys remember Hendon Hooker? At VaTech? Horrible….. now he’s elite. Because he’s playing on a better roster and has a genius calling plays. ND can’t afford to “bring a guy along” next year. They forfeited that right with this debacle. 9-3 season would give you that chance. Now 9-3 is a pipe dream.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT