ADVERTISEMENT

The Chicken Little Syndrome

hvillebill

I've posted how many times?
Aug 29, 2003
There were some posters on here that predicted ND would basically lose most if not all of the verbal pledges when Kelly was retained. It appears to me that they were somewhat premature in that prediction because I see a lot of signings going on this morning. Could it be that they were hoping for their predictions to come true so they would have something else to bitch about? What "fan" would actually hope for that?

And please, don't pull a Pers and come out and call me a Kelly shill or something akin to that. I've been on record as saying I feel CK needs to be replaced. However, while he's the coach I will hope for nothing but good things for him and the team.

If ND can wind up in the top-15 ratings, I would say that's a pretty good year after finishing 4-8.

ND did lose a few good ones along the way -- which was expected considering the turmoil at the end of the season. But to your point, there was not the "mass exodus" that many of the naysayers predicted -- which is good! Plus, Kelly, in his own time, addressed concerns with his staff, made the right changes (we'll see the results later) with the staff, and got back on the horse again.

I'd say after going 4-8 that Kelly and company have been masterful putting together this group.

Problem is...we we're 4 and ****ing 8 with a shit schedule.

Reactions: Buguit
We would of lost commitments if we went 12-0. . . happens every year for every team.

4-8 and a very good class on the way!

You really think being 4-8 didn't hurt recruiting? Take off the blinders.

You were trying to refute my point that going 4-8 has hurt us in recruiting. Now you want play stupid.

Really? You are comparing ND to Alabama? Well thought out argument. The number 1 recruiting class lost 2 players and are still number 1. The same team that has, what 3 titles this decade?

Man, you are only reading things the way you want to read them...... my point, and the point of this post is to show that although we had a horrible year and lost a few recruits.... BK did a good job at holding it together and having a good class. Can you agree with that? Yes, it could of been better..... but could of been a heck of a lot worse.

I was not comparing ND to Bama directly... only using them to prove another point. If we would of gone 12-0 we would of lost a couple commits as well. Maybe not as many, but it still happens regardless of record.

I once heard what I.o.w.a. stands for..... it is starting to sound true now.

Man, you are only reading things the way you want to read them...... my point, and the point of this post is to show that although we had a horrible year and lost a few recruits.... BK did a good job at holding it together and having a good class. Can you agree with that? Yes, it could of been better..... but could of been a heck of a lot worse.

I was not comparing ND to Bama directly... only using them to prove another point. If we would of gone 12-0 we would of lost a couple commits as well. Maybe not as many, but it still happens regardless of record.

I once heard what I.o.w.a. stands for..... it is starting to sound true now.

No, it's not a good class. This class completely lacks the positions of need. You chose the Bama link, I didn't. It's a prime example of the saying "comparing apples to oranges".

Reactions: Buguit
No, it's not a good class. This class completely lacks the positions of need. You chose the Bama link, I didn't. It's a prime example of the saying "comparing apples to oranges".

"Not a good class"............. So it couldn't get any worse? I think Rivals has us in the top 15..... HORRIBLE!

I guess you know what this team needs better than the coaches who literally live and breathe football for a living. So negative....

Here is a Michigan list of decommits.....

Once again.... my point is while the 4-8 record did not help us..... we will always have decommits.... EVERY TEAM DOES REGARDLESS OF RECORD.

http://michigan.247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/Decommits

I love this place. We failed to address a need at CB and a true rush end. Yeah, it's a good class highlighted by more great TE's. Wow, it's only been a couple months and the blinders are back on.

The shitty year is due to ****ing Kelly. Well son you failed your test, but you really nailed the homework questions that is worth 10% of your grade.

Why are you so angry, relax dude. I hated last season as much as anyone, but you know what a new season brings optimism. If you don't have that you shouldn't be a fan and since neither you nor I are lacing them up on Saturdays for the Irish, be optimistic. The team was young and will be better next year, how much better we have to wait and see.

Why are you so angry, relax dude. I hated last season as much as anyone, but you know what a new season brings optimism. If you don't have that you shouldn't be a fan and since neither you nor I are lacing them up on Saturdays for the Irish, be optimistic. The team was young and will be better next year, how much better we have to wait and see.
Exactly what I was thinking.... why would someone be a 'fan' if they will continually go out of the way to take time to b*tch and moan about the team in February? Seems exhausting.

ND sucked last year, BK sucked last year..... those are Facts.... Yet they/he somehow pulled off a top 20 class.... sure it could of been better.... but like i said earlier, it could of been a hell of a lot worse!

And if you were expecting ND to fix their pass rush for this fall with some kids that are still in High School... your expectations were too high to begin with. Lets let Elko and the new staff worry about things like pass rush and coverage.

I love this place. We failed to address a need at CB and a true rush end. Yeah, it's a good class highlighted by more great TE's. Wow, it's only been a couple months and the blinders are back on.
You are a dope. No team in the country fills every need. Post less.

The dopes on here are the people unwilling to say that Kelly is the ****ing problem. But once again, I'll just wait until October of this year to watch some more of you come to this realization.

The team was young
The team had injuries
The team got some bad calls

The team has a penetrating shit coach and that's fact.

Reactions: Nocalirish
The dopes on here are the people unwilling to say that Kelly is the ****ing problem. But once again, I'll just wait until October of this year to watch some more of you come to this realization.

The team was young
The team had injuries

Iowa--what's your problem? Almost all of your post's have cuss words, you're constantly battling with other posters, you're constantly being negative. Relax and look at the positives:

1. 4-8 and still putting together a solid top 15 class
2. Coach BK admitted he did a bad job this season, and is aware that changes needed to be made
3. Tons of talent coming back
4. New coaches, new energy injected into the program....this can only be a good thing, right?

Reactions: nemeth#5
Iowa's overall negativity aside, he's right that we failed in getting at least one good CB commit in this class. But as many have pointed out, you judge classes over two consecutive years, and we signed seven DBs last year. We also did well for us on the DE front last year, but failed to follow though with complimentary pieces this year; although if Kurdlow commits, we will have a guy with two years experience playing football and a huge upside potential. Prefer polished skilled players ready to make an immediate impact, but will be happy if we get this potential diamond in the rough.

Reactions: Kelso86
There were some posters on here that predicted ND would basically lose most if not all of the verbal pledges when Kelly was retained. It appears to me that they were somewhat premature in that prediction because I see a lot of signings going on this morning. Could it be that they were hoping for their predictions to come true so they would have something else to bitch about? What "fan" would actually hope for that?

And please, don't pull a Pers and come out and call me a Kelly shill or something akin to that. I've been on record as saying I feel CK needs to be replaced. However, while he's the coach I will hope for nothing but good things for him and the team.

If ND can wind up in the top-15 ratings, I would say that's a pretty good year after finishing 4-8.

4-8 season. Add Werner, Jeter, Pouncey, Adebo and Hicks decommits. Add a massive overhaul of staff. Quite the hunting ground for the nattering nabobs of negativity. It even impacted the pragmatists.

In retrospect, we recovered very well on staff and recruits. Something had to change. New staff needed different talent. Heath is in. Owusu and Wardlow look likely. Amosa was huge. Jafar is an upgrade over Pouncey but we could have used Martin.

Adebo is the only recruit we lost that really hurt. Jeter was never a solid commit. Werner was another inside linebacker and that was not what the new staff wanted. They want an Owusu type.

For a transition class, there is a lot to work with. Much more than Long or Elko are used to.

Reactions: Kelso86

The team was young
The team had injuries

"The team has a penetrating shit coach and that's fact"

So, in 2015 when ND was putting together a 10-2 record -- was he a "penetrating shit coach" then as well?

Reactions: Pennick44
"The team has a penetrating shit coach and that's fact"

So, in 2015 when ND was putting together a 10-2 record -- was he a "penetrating shit coach" then as well?
ND was 10-3, got their asses kicked in the bowl game and barely and I mean barely beat Temple and BC

Iowa--what's your problem? Almost all of your post's have cuss words, you're constantly battling with other posters, you're constantly being negative. Relax and look at the positives:

1. 4-8 and still putting together a solid top 15 class
2. Coach BK admitted he did a bad job this season, and is aware that changes needed to be made
3. Tons of talent coming back
4. New coaches, new energy injected into the program....this can only be a good thing, right?
I'll tell you why. Listening to people make excuses year after year is getting old. Look at posts towards the end of this season. It's people calling for Kelly's head, who have now put the blinders back on and calling me out. This "stuff" gets old. Yeah, this class isn't terrible, could have been great, but going 4-8 cost us our best recruits, whom one stated he left cause he wants to play for a championship some day. It's not happening with Kelly. The one great season we had, we were exposed by Bama. You think he's going to beat 2 good teams in a row?

Sorry, I'm going to keep calling this inept coach out until the day he is gone. Hopefully the administration figures out that they got Bernie Madoff coaching their football team.

I'll tell you why. Listening to people make excuses year after year is getting old. Look at posts towards the end of this season. It's people calling for Kelly's head, who have now put the blinders back on and calling me out. This "stuff" gets old. Yeah, this class isn't terrible, could have been great, but going 4-8 cost us our best recruits, whom one stated he left cause he wants to play for a championship some day. It's not happening with Kelly. The one great season we had, we were exposed by Bama. You think he's going to beat 2 good teams in a row?

Sorry, I'm going to keep calling this inept coach out until the day he is gone. Hopefully the administration figures out that they got Bernie Madoff coaching their football team.
Why are you so negative?

I don't see anyone on this board that says Kelly is the second coming of Nick Saban, but for your information he is still our coach. Yeah, we lost some recruits but can you possibly give credit where credit is due? Under very difficult circumstances (yes, produced by Kelly) he put together a top-15 class. Yet you seem as though your day was ruined.

Could it be that you were rooting against Kelly and therefore against ND? Were you hoping that only 5-6 guys would sign, so you could celebrate? Or maybe give you some other reason to complain?

What kind of fan are you? What exactly did Kelly ever do to your personally?

Wanting ND to succeed and Kelly to be fired is not mutually exclusive. They had their chance this year, but failed to pull the trigger. Now they'll have to deal with the even longer term consequences of having a fraud of a coach.

Wanting ND to succeed and Kelly to be fired is not mutually exclusive. They had their chance this year, but failed to pull the trigger. Now they'll have to deal with the even longer term consequences of having a fraud of a coach.
So, you got banned as IowaIrish1, so now you're back as IowaIrish123.

Well, I guess we can see who the fraud is here................

No shit, it takes a real degenerate to take this schedule and turn out a 4-8 team. I mean that is ****ing genius right there.

It takes a real ****ing genius who no doubt never played or coached a snap of football a day in his whole sorry life to come on to a forum full of similar nitwits and criticize a coach with BK record. You are a real hero and a tough guy aren't you? Keep flapping your gums big man. You are impressing no one except the jock sniffers that make up the Sewing Circle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT