ADVERTISEMENT

The Chicken Little Syndrome

It takes a real ****ing genius who no doubt never played or coached a snap of football a day in his whole sorry life to come on to a forum full of similar nitwits and criticize a coach with BK record. You are a real hero and a tough guy aren't you? Keep flapping your gums big man. You are impressing no one except the jock sniffers that make up the Sewing Circle.
Jeter has no real commitment in him. Adebo wanted that Stanford offer more. Beal let family [sister] get in the way of his future. Hicks, I always thought was very soft commit. I really thought ND had achance with Shaun Wade,just didn't pursue hard enough. Thomas Graham was the biggest letdown for me besides Beal.

Iowa--what's your problem? Almost all of your post's have cuss words, you're constantly battling with other posters, you're constantly being negative. Relax and look at the positives:

1. 4-8 and still putting together a solid top 15 class
2. Coach BK admitted he did a bad job this season, and is aware that changes needed to be made
3. Tons of talent coming back
4. New coaches, new energy injected into the program....this can only be a good thing, right?
That's what the same optimism was in 2008 after Notre Dame finished 3 - 9 and they brought in the number 1 recruiting class
The HC will need to do some things differently

Reactions: Kelso86
It takes a real ****ing genius who no doubt never played or coached a snap of football a day in his whole sorry life to come on to a forum full of similar nitwits and criticize a coach with BK record. You are a real hero and a tough guy aren't you? Keep flapping your gums big man. You are impressing no one except the jock sniffers that make up the Sewing Circle.
LMFAO
No one takes you seriously coach laundry boy.

Holy wow, are you people serious. What gives you any hope for next year? Take the damn blinders off...Kelly is a dead man walking. He's in over his head and he's given up and has tried to move along already, but nobody wants his POS ass.

I love this place. We failed to address a need at CB and a true rush end. Yeah, it's a good class highlighted by more great TE's. Wow, it's only been a couple months and the blinders are back on.

Truth is they lost their best DB and DL before signing day ... that is what 4-8 does .... they did flip a few at the end which almost never happens ... forget the star rankings .... look at the offers the newly flipped guys have .... Illinois. Baylor, Maryland, MSU ... not terrible but not great .... good to know we can be on par with middle of the road garbage big 10 teams .... the DL with offer from USC looks like only one with good chance to be a difference maker ... maybe

Yet .... stupidity reigns on this board .... you point out the obvious and get attacked ..... classy bunch here..... I have to laugh when ND gets compared to BAMA .... they lost players too so we're the same ? ... how dumb is that .... incredibly so .... when you look at the guys jumping on board to slam you .... it is a case of dumb and dumber .... constant spewing of attacks ..... anger ,,,, and ignorance ... no shortage here

Then another thread claiming all is well because Swarbick said so .... oh .... excuse me ... the guy responsible for the dumpster fire has no vested interest in saying that? .... then they actually try to put a positive spin on the fact that Fr. Jenkins basically had to approve all the new hires .... because why? .... this isn't necessary if Kelly can be trusted to do it when it's his job ..... but Swarbick says this is good and the program is on solid ground .... no politics here ... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: ..... just when I think I've seen the dumbest thread and remarks ..... it gets outdone .... again ... unbelieveable

Last edited:
Truth is they lost their best DB and DL before signing day ... that is what 4-8 does .... they did flip a few at the end which almost never happens ... forget the star rankings .... look at the offers the newly flipped guys have .... Illinois. Baylor, Maryland, MSU ... not terrible but not great .... good to know we can be on par with middle of the road garbage big 10 teams .... the DL with offer from USC looks like only one with good chance to be a difference maker ... maybe

Yet .... stupidity reigns on this board .... you point out the obvious and get attacked ..... classy bunch here..... I have to laugh when ND gets compared to BAMA .... they lost players too so we're the same ? ... how dumb is that .... incredibly so .... when you look at the guys jumping on board to slam you .... it is a case of dumb and dumber .... constant spewing of attacks ..... anger ,,,, and ignorance ... no shortage here

Then another thread claiming all is well because Swarbick said so .... oh .... excuse me ... the guy responsible for the dumpster fire has no vested interest in saying that? .... then they actually try to put a positive spin on the fact that Fr. Jenkins basically had to approve all the new hires .... because why? .... this isn't necessary if Kelly can be trusted to do it when it's his job ..... but Swarbick says this is good and the program is on solid ground .... no politics here ... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: ..... just when I think I've seen the dumbest thread and remarks ..... it gets outdone .... again ... unbelieveable
Before posting again, you should learn the rules on the use of ellipsis in writing.

I love this place. We failed to address a need at CB and a true rush end. Yeah, it's a good class highlighted by more great TE's. Wow, it's only been a couple months and the blinders are back on.
I don't understand what you're complaining about . Rivals has the 17 class ranked at #11. What the hell is wrong with that??? It's in reality damn good . Take a look at the quality programs ranked behind ND in the final rankings. The college football world doesn't begin and end with Alabama, Ohio State, and USC. Needs not being addressed? What needs?? They took like 7 secondary guys last yr. 2 safeties this year and no CB this yr. Over 2 yrs that's 9 secondary guys. No hole there unless they whiff at cb this yr . Which is highly unlikely. Under Elko s new D they've got plenty of LBs. Spencer and Dj Morgan could be ideal Rovers as well. Top TE class in country in 17 without question. Top 5 or 7 O line class. Took in good numbers at D line over past 2 yrs. First time in forever. Some very good interior D line prospects signed in this yrs class. And yes no Elite DE prospects this yr but took in more numbers there . Last yr signed Hayes and Okawara at DE . Who are both very good to excellent DE prospects. This yr already they hv 2 4 star verbal commits on D line already for 18 .with 2 4 star LB recruits verbally committed. Along with the # 1 or 2 qb recruit in country and a solid 4 star rb in the fold. 247 has the 18 class currently ranked at 4 nationally. Clearly the sky is not falling on ND football recruiting. I don't understand the constant bitching and moaning about recruiting. Have you seen the final rankings for Wisconsin s 17 class. It's in the 40s. Wisconsin would have kicked the snot out of ND last yr if they had played . And would hv done so most of the past 6 yrs. Yet Wisconsin nor MSU hv ever done even close to what ND has done in recruiting. Not even in same universe recruiting but they're a lot better where it counts on the field. The problem with ND football is what happens on the field. The coaching , player development, program s attitude ( toughness ) , suspect coaching hires, pitiful in game coaching decisions ( play calling ), a finesse offensive scheme, a woeful S& C program etc etc..... . Where hv some of you been over the past 20 yrs ? It's not just the 4-8 season. ND has not been good at football other than an odd yr here or there for over 20 yrs. ND hasn't won a major college bowl gm in 20 -25 yrs. Why the hell do some of you keep flapping your gums about where are all the 5 stars. It's a ND fan ENTITLEMENT mentality. Bc ND won in the 80s with Holtz then 5 stars are still there for the taking if ND s coaches would just get off their collective asses and get them. Forgetting that ND has been mediocre for decades . Along with South Bend, the cold winters, the lack hot coeds, the admissions reqs and the academic workload are not selling points to 5 star recruits who are being offered in some cases many incentives in the recruiting process to sign elsewhere. It's almost an absurd folly that after a 4- 8 season, 4 suspensions, 3 yrs of the debacle known as the Van Gorder defense and 20 yrs of never winning a big game when it counted that ND has recruited as well as it has. A team that consistently ranks in the top 10 -15 final rankings should be able to win a major college bowl game on occasion.

We did a good job addressing our DE needs in 16 and a good job addressing our Interior DL needs in 17, and we need to do both in 18. We did a great job addressing our DB needs in 15 and 16, Did OK at safety in 17 but whiffed at CB, and need to address both in 18. Given our uneven recruiting on defense, next year is shaping up as a critical recruiting year, and we will be well served by Elko and Lea and Polian and Elston in getting this done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT