ADVERTISEMENT

Will the 6+6 model be definitively better?

graceh90

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Jan 17, 2006
Better for ND for sure, but not certain about everyone else.

If it were in place this year, it would have significantly undermined the relevance of all the games played this weekend. As a fan of ND, I watched those games because they ALL mattered. I wouldn’t watch to see a conference championship that I have no interest. I have watched my last conference championship game unless ND joins a conference

Reactions: NDSMC78
Better for ND for sure, but not certain about everyone else.

If it were in place this year, it would have significantly undermined the relevance of all the games played this weekend. As a fan of ND, I watched those games because they ALL mattered. I wouldn’t watch to see a conference championship that I have no interest. I have watched my last conference championship game unless ND joins a conference

I don't think it will be better. The more teams you have in a playoff, the more watered down it is.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
You’d think so. The 12 vs 13 argument should carry less weight than 4 vs 5. I agree 8 was the sweet spot though

With the pac-12 folding up, they are already discussing doing a 5+7 instead. Not sure if anything is official yet. Agreed on 8 btw, didn't like going all the way to 12.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT