ADVERTISEMENT

Syracuse is a very important game ! We have not had a losing season since 2007 !

Bodizephax

I've posted how many times?
Feb 24, 2012
Rikers Island (Lifer)
www.gstatic.com
Whether you want Brian Kelly fired or not you need to root for an Irish win this Saturday. Notre Dames final records go down for history for fans and recruits to look at. We can't afford a losing season. Let those days be in the rearview mirror forever. Even a 7 and 6 record would be much better than a 4 and 8 or 5 and 7 season.
Coach Kelly has brought some respectability to the Irish football program and it would be great that when he leaves Notre Dame (whether quitting on his own or getting fired) that he can say that he never had a losing season. It would be not just for him but for all of us AND the next head coach. It would leave a higher bar for the next head coach to achieve. Maybe Coach Kelly or the next coach can bring ND football to a higher level and win a Championship. But until then Notre Dame has to establish itself again--- We can't live in the fiftys, sixtys or seventies anymore----Those days are long gone. We have to create a new winning history.
And it all starts this week end against Syracuse. We can't let this be 2004 or 2008 again when we lost to Syracuse.
Everyone needs to be on board ! I am tired of Notre Dame's failure and the constant turnovers of coaches. This needs to stop ! Notre Dame needs to win !
We as Notre Dame fans need to cherish every win no matter who we beat. We can't be deluded into thinking Notre Dame football is above any other team. Notre Dame football has to make it's new history ! That includes holding your head up and playing together as a TEAM during down times and never quit. Do this and we will not have a losing season. We have not had a losing season since 2007 !! Almost ten years !! We are getting a little better!! Lets build on that !! Go Irish !! Beat Syracuse !!

Cuse has one of the worst defenses in the country. Even worse than ND. Their pass defense is a little better. If Josh and Dexter can't run the ball Saturday, then this OL and Harry need to rethink whatever chemistry their lacking. Aaron Taylor commented that all it takes is one weak spot along the OL. If they are going to start to gel, this is the game to begin the process. No excuses. All we need is for the defense to play decent. That's all. A decent defense and we would be 4-0. Finally, and don't kill me on this, but Justin needs to focus more on hitting makeable FGs and less on contrived celebrations after Extra Points. Special Teams is a huge part of a successful program and it's the average taken for granted things like FGs that are huge. So, that's it. Over simplistic but realistic in my view.

Reactions: Bodizephax
Have to believe that, whatever the outcome vs Cuse, this season will end with a losing record. Would be nice to end up over 500 but it doesn't look realistic at this point. It's been a long year already.

I have my fingers, toes, and even eyes crossed for this game. I am not expecting a miracle this week, but I hope for four or five three and out series. This is a winnable game if the offense and defense play up to their potential.
Syracuse is pretty bad. If you don't win this game, you can tell Kelly to stay in Jersey.

At this point your fanbase is talking like they're in Weis mode.
Wow.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
This is an important game for a different reason, given all that has occurred this past week, the press conference post game, the fan push back, the media questions and the social media response from some of the players, they lose this game, a very winnable game, and it might now demonstrate to the administration and Swarbrick, that Kelly has lost the team and perhaps the program. With that - he's gone, it's just a matter of when. Death spiral.

This is an important game for a different reason, given all that has occurred this past week, the press conference post game, the fan push back, the media questions and the social media response from some of the players, they lose this game, a very winnable game, and it might now demonstrate to the administration and Swarbrick, that Kelly has lost the team and perhaps the program. With that - he's gone, it's just a matter of when. Death spiral.

Absolutely! The Irish D is bad. Even though we have a potentially great offense . If they cave for what ever reason IT has to be Kelly's undoing.

Syracuse is pretty bad. If you don't win this game, you can tell Kelly to stay in Jersey.

At this point your fanbase is talking like they're in Weis mode.
Wow.

Kelly, is a good coach not a great coach. His time may have come. I believe he has to turn this team around or the fan base will be out there with pitchforks and fire asking for his head. there has been a lot folks who believe its time move on from Kelly. at this point a loss probably would mean his job. The BOT and important others in the Admin is probably reviewing that with Jack S. That said, the Irish defense is abysmal. Even with 3-4-5 star players on the field they have a lot glaring weaknesses. This includes a lack of playmakers. Some of this is from a lack of experience. i.e no pass rush. Terrible safety play.... no speed and no size. The DB are extremely inexperienced at may better off being 3rd down players or subs. Now a large part of D's poor play is because of bad scheme (van border). The hope is the D plays good enough going forward and eventually get back to fundamental tackling and basic D principals. The reality is Notre Dame is capable of defeating everyone their schedule but they can lose to everyone

Hope and expect to see the defense play with speed that will surprise us and enthusiasm that will endear us. The game is critical for how this team feels about itself, and a good win with some measurable defensive improvement will bring some swagger back. The long term success or failure of new playing opportunities, players playing different positions, coaches talking up playing more instinctively and to find their love for the game, etc... will largely, if not entirely, rest on the outcome of this game and how we play it. Never imagined being this anxious going into a game with the Cuse.

Whether you want Brian Kelly fired or not you need to root for an Irish win this Saturday. Notre Dames final records go down for history for fans and recruits to look at. We can't afford a losing season. Let those days be in the rearview mirror forever. Even a 7 and 6 record would be much better than a 4 and 8 or 5 and 7 season.
Coach Kelly has brought some respectability to the Irish football program and it would be great that when he leaves Notre Dame (whether quitting on his own or getting fired) that he can say that he never had a losing season. It would be not just for him but for all of us AND the next head coach. It would leave a higher bar for the next head coach to achieve. Maybe Coach Kelly or the next coach can bring ND football to a higher level and win a Championship. But until then Notre Dame has to establish itself again--- We can't live in the fiftys, sixtys or seventies anymore----Those days are long gone. We have to create a new winning history.
And it all starts this week end against Syracuse. We can't let this be 2004 or 2008 again when we lost to Syracuse.
Everyone needs to be on board ! I am tired of Notre Dame's failure and the constant turnovers of coaches. This needs to stop ! Notre Dame needs to win !
We as Notre Dame fans need to cherish every win no matter who we beat. We can't be deluded into thinking Notre Dame football is above any other team. Notre Dame football has to make it's new history ! That includes holding your head up and playing together as a TEAM during down times and never quit. Do this and we will not have a losing season. We have not had a losing season since 2007 !! Almost ten years !! We are getting a little better!! Lets build on that !! Go Irish !! Beat Syracuse !!
Sisboombah!! Yeah, it all starts this weekend against Syracuse.....Syracuse....
The facts are that we were a top 10 team, poor coaching dropped us like a stone and kelly stinks.
"Okay everybody time to join hands and sing, "cheer cheer....for Old Notre Dame..." "Old Notre Dame" was superior in every way.... indeed.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT