ADVERTISEMENT

Stating the Obvious, ND needs an elite "college" QB

So today, you would rather have Pyne than DJ because his PR is better?
PR? I don't know what PR you reference. The only positive PR I've seen on Drew is from me. And I'm just a fan.

If you're saying there are other factors to consider, like leadership, team fit, and football IQ, then Drew is my choice. As for the other QB's you reference, I have no idea what their competition has been, the talent around them, or any other factors that would need to be considered.

Then there is the size of balls. None of them come close to Drew.

• Haha
Reactions: Golson5
PR? I don't know what PR you reference. The only positive PR I've seen on Drew is from me. And I'm just a fan.

If you're saying there are other factors to consider, like leadership, team fit, and football IQ, then Drew is my choice. As for the other QB's you reference, I have no idea what their competition has been, the talent around them, or any other factors that would need to be considered.

Drews dad or his boyfriend?

• Haha
Reactions: Zorich 88

PR=Passer rating

No one, outside of some ND fans, would take Pyne over DJ.

Funny, now you wanna factor in
"competition has been, the talent around them, or any other factors that would need to be considered."

I am saying nothing about any other factors except the stats you are basing Pynes greatness on.

How and why do you consider "Then there is the size of balls. None of them come close to Drew."

What exactly has he done that is so brave and heroic? What has he done that other QBs have not?

Last edited:
What has he done that other QBs have not?
Starting QB at ND is one of the premier positions in all of sports. Not CFB, not football, not American sports, ALL of sports. Drew Pyne has started, and won, games as the ND QB. None of the QB's you list have ever done that. TB has NEVER done that.

I'm gonna give the kid the benefit of the doubt and enjoy watching him grow. I'll enjoy watching you and others bitch and moan the whole way through.

Starting QB at ND is one of the premier positions in all of sports. Not CFB, not football, not American sports, ALL of sports. Drew Pyne has started, and won, games as the ND QB. None of the QB's you list have ever done that. TB has NEVER done that.

I'm gonna give the kid the benefit of the doubt and enjoy watching him grow. I'll enjoy watching you and others bitch and moan the whole way through.
1. I will be cheering just as loud as you for Pyne. Why? Notre DAME FOOTBALL.

QB at ND is NOT the premier position in all of sports. That is simply your opinion as an ND fan.

The average football fan could not name the past 3 ND QBs. No average football fan starts their football season by saying "I need to see who the Notre Dame QB is since that's the premier position in all of sports".

The majority of all sports fans could care less who the QB is at ND.

1. I will be cheering just as loud as you for Pyne. Why? Notre DAME FOOTBALL.

QB at ND is NOT the premier position in all of sports. That is simply your opinion as an ND fan.

The average football fan could not name the past 3 ND QBs. No average football fan starts their football season by saying "I need to see who the Notre Dame QB is since that's the premier position in all of sports".

The majority of all sports fans could care less who the QB is at ND.
Have you ever spent time with these guys before or after a game? During the season or off season? If you had, and seen the crowds around them, you’d know how wrong you are.

Have you ever spent time with these guys before or after a game? During the season or off season? If you had, and seen the crowds around them, you’d know how wrong you are.
Which guys are you referring to?

The majority of sports fans do not care who the ND QB is.

Yet we haven't had a big time QB in years

This was true 30 years ago

Quinn, clausen & book were all really good college qbs. All three of them would’ve won titles w/ Bama talent around them. As for the ND QB having a spotlight on it, it still does. Maybe not as much as it did in the past, but there still is significant interest in who the starting QB is at ND. The over-saturation of the sports media has made things that were ultra unique back in the day, not so unique anymore. They’ve given us a whole hell of a lot to consume. I think that’s both good and bad.

Let’s be honest, if Pyne played for BYU, and BYU’s QB Played for Notre Dame we would be pretty happy as Notre Dame fans.

The Notre Dame football standards are so low that Notre Dame fans are getting excited about a quarterback throwing the ball 23 times against an average team and then beating one of the worst defenses in the country and we are sitting here acting like we have a Heisman Trophy candidate at quarterback.

Guys, the guy was a back up quarterback every day of his life at Notre Dame he’s only the starter because the starter is out for the season. The guy is not a good quarterback. When he plays against a legitimate defense and all we can do our 7 yard outs you will see how bad this guy really is.

Without fully looking at the rest of the quarterbacks Notre Dame will face this season, I guarantee every single one of them is better than Drew Pyne.
I for one was never trying to argue Pyne was a Heisman candidate. But I think he can be a good QB, and I think we can win 9 games with him this year. And if we get to 9 wins, that would mean Pyne was 9-1 as starter. Which would be very good, after the start we had.

Again, you are comparing Pyne to a guy with 7 SB rings.

If any ND fan is excited about a QB playing well against a terrible defense, then yes the standard is low.

Those type of wins/performances should be expected, not celebrated.
NO, I’m not comparing him to Brady, I’m trying to educate you because you have no understanding of the YPA stat.

I‘m trying to get you to understand what a moronic expectation you put forth by declaring that Pyne should have a YPA of 15.

I don’t think that there’s a QB in all of college football history who had a YPA of 15.

Stating that a QB should have a YPA of 15 just shows how little you know about football.

Didn‘t a bell go off or a lightbulb flash when you saw that Tom Brady, the greatest QB of all time, ONLY had a YPA of 7.7 ?

So, I ask you again, because you were so highly critical of Payne’s stats,

WHAT SHOULD HIS CP BE ?
WHAT SHOULD HIS YPA BE ?
WHAT SHOULD HIS YPC BE ?
WHAT SHOULD HIS QBR BE ?

STOP avoiding the questions by attempting to divert and deflect from answering the questions !

ANSWER THE QUESTIONS OR ADMID THAT YOU WERE DEAD WRONG IN DENIGRATING PYNE’S PERFORMANCE !

NO, I’m not comparing him to Brady, I’m trying to educate you because you have no understanding of the YPA stat.

I‘m trying to get you to understand what a moronic expectation you put forth by declaring that Pyne should have a YPA of 15.

I don’t think that there’s a QB in all of college football history who had a YPA of 15.

Stating that a QB should have a YPA of 15 just shows how little you know about football.

Didn‘t a bell go off or a lightbulb flash when you saw that Tom Brady, the greatest QB of all time, ONLY had a YPA of 7.7 ?

So, I ask you again, because you were so highly critical of Payne’s stats,

WHAT SHOULD HIS CP BE ?
WHAT SHOULD HIS YPA BE ?
WHAT SHOULD HIS YPC BE ?
WHAT SHOULD HIS QBR BE ?

STOP avoiding the questions by attempting to divert and deflect from answering the questions !

ANSWER THE QUESTIONS OR ADMID THAT YOU WERE DEAD WRONG IN DENIGRATING PYNE’S PERFORMANCE !
First, you have compared Pyne to Tom multiple times. Another example of your ludicrous comparisons:

“I’m trying to think of another QB who didn’t start, who came off the bench when the starter was injured and did pretty well.

Oh yeah, his name was Tom Brady.”

Filling in the blanks to your “stay questions” is meaninglessness. Minnesota’s QB has a higher QB rating than Young from Bama. Does that mean he is better than?

As far as saying Pyne should average over 15 yards an attempt, what I said was most of his passes are less than 15 yards.

Pyne is 35tb in pass efficiency. Does that mean the 34 QBs ahead of him are better?

Pyne has a better comp rating than Bryce Young. .686 and ,698.

Who is the better QB?

Your stats mean nothing. Especially 3-4 games into the season.

Last edited:
First, you have compared Pyne to Tom multiple times. Another example of your ludicrous comparisons:

“I’m trying to think of another QB who didn’t start, who came off the bench when the starter was injured and did pretty well.

Oh yeah, his name was Tom Brady.”

Filling in the blanks to your “stay questions” is meaninglessness. Minnesota’s QB has a higher QB rating than Young from Bama. Does that mean he is better than?

As far as saying Pyne should average over 15 yards an attempt, what I said was most of his passes are less than 15 yards.

Pyne is 35tb in pass efficiency. Does that mean the 34 QBs ahead of him are better?

Pyne has a better comp rating than Bryce Young. .686 and ,698.

Who is the better QB?

Your stats mean nothing. Especially 3-4 games into the season.
You’re beyond obtuse, you’re either a moron or deliberately in denial about the “STATISTICAL” compariso.

I never compared Pyne to Brady, I compared their CP, YPA, YPC and QBR.

Most of the QB universe average passes of less than 15 yards.

You complained about Pyne’s performance, his stats, which I listed.
Then I asked you what should his stats be.

What should his CP be ?
What should his YPA be ?
What should his YPC be ?
What should his QBR be ?

Despite being asked a dozen times, you have failed to answer those questions !

WHY ?

Because you can’t defend and justify your asinine uninformed criticism of Pyne.

All you can do is complain, complain, complain, instead of praising him for leading the team to a win.

YOU’RE NOT A TRUE FAN OF ND’s

You’re beyond obtuse, you’re either a moron or deliberately in denial about the “STATISTICAL” compariso.

I never compared Pyne to Brady, I compared their CP, YPA, YPC and QBR.

Most of the QB universe average passes of less than 15 yards.

You complained about Pyne’s performance, his stats, which I listed.
Then I asked you what should his stats be.

What should his CP be ?
What should his YPA be ?
What should his YPC be ?
What should his QBR be ?

Despite being asked a dozen times, you have failed to answer those questions !

WHY ?

Because you can’t defend and justify your asinine uninformed criticism of Pyne.

All you can do is complain, complain, complain, instead of praising him for leading the team to a win.

YOU’RE NOT A TRUE FAN OF ND’s
I told you, I will not play your fill in the blank stat game. It makes zero sense. Especially only 4 games in. By your logis, Pyne is better than Bryce Young.

I have asked you multiple questions, you have answered zero.

The guy has played 8 quarters of football this season. He has only thrown the ball 63 times.

And yes, when anyone compares stats of two players they are now comparing those players.

Why in the world would you say I am not a true ND fan? Because I am not licking Pynes footballs the way you are???

I have been a Notre Dame fan before you were sucking milk from your mom. Your mom was probably still in elementary school when I was watching ND win a championship against West Virginia.

You on the other hand, your earliest memory of ND is probably Brady Quinn. I get it, you are new to this.

I get it, your young, but i am glad your generation still cheers for ND. It is always great to see the younger generation take the mantle.

Last edited:
I told you, I will not play your fill in the blank stat game. It makes zero sense. Especially only 4 games in. By your logis, Pyne is better than Bryce Young.

The guy has played 8 quarters of football this season. He has only thrown the ball 63 times.

And yes, when anyone compares stats of two players they are now comparing those players.

Why in the world would you say I am not a true ND fan? Because I am not licking Pynes footballs the way you are???

I have been a Notre Dame fan before you were sucking milk from your mom. Your mom was probably still in elementary school when I was watching ND win a championship against West Virginia.

You on the other hand, your earliest memory of ND is probably Brady Quinn. I get it, you are new to this.

I get it, your young, but i am glad your generation still cheers for ND. It is always great to see the younger generation take the mantle.
Patty is probably in his 70s

Reactions: BGI User 756

BUT YOU WERE THE ONE WHO MADE THE DECLARATIVE STATEMENTS CRITICAL OF PYNE’S PERFORMANCE !

NOW YOUR ABSURD DEFENSE IS THAT IT‘S TOO EARLY.
THEN WHY WERE YOU CRITICAL OF PYNE IF IT’S TOO EARLY.

YOU BELITTLED AND DERIDED PYNE’S STATS, SO I ASKED YOU, WHAT SHOULD HIS STATS BE AND YOU REFUSE TO ANSWER THE QUESTION.

NOW YOU’RE EMBARRASED BECAUSE YOU CAN’T SUBSTANTIATE AND JUSTIFY YOUR CRITICAL REMARKS.

I ANSWERED ALL OF YOUR YOUR QUESTIONS, BUT I DISAGREED WITH YOUR ABSURD ANALOGIES AND FLAWED CONCLUSIONS !

“NEW TO THIS ? , I BET ND VS OKLAHOMA IN 1957, THAT’S HOW NEW I AM TO NOTRE DAME FOOTBALL

SO TELL US

WHAT SHOULD HIS CP BE ?
WHAT SHOULD HIS YPA BE ?
WHAT SHOULD HIS YPC BE ?
WHAT SHOULD HIS QBR BE ?

Probably right.

Young people don't use words like " asinine" anymore lol.

But man, he acts like he is a teen.
I wake up every morning feeling like the 15 year old juvenile delinquent of my youth, but when I go to shave …….. the mirror lies to me !

Did you take a poll on the use of the word “asinine” ?

I was trying to be as polite and gentle as possible when describing your statements and logic !

BUT YOU WERE THE ONE WHO MADE THE DECLARATIVE STATEMENTS CRITICAL OF PYNE’S PERFORMANCE !

NOW YOUR ABSURD DEFENSE IS THAT IT‘S TOO EARLY.
THEN WHY WERE YOU CRITICAL OF PYNE IF IT’S TOO EARLY.

YOU BELITTLED AND DERIDED PYNE’S STATS, SO I ASKED YOU, WHAT SHOULD HIS STATS BE AND YOU REFUSE TO ANSWER THE QUESTION.

NOW YOU’RE EMBARRASED BECAUSE YOU CAN’T SUBSTANTIATE AND JUSTIFY YOUR CRITICAL REMARKS.

I ANSWERED ALL OF YOUR YOUR QUESTIONS, BUT I DISAGREED WITH YOUR ABSURD ANALOGIES AND FLAWED CONCLUSIONS !

“NEW TO THIS ? , I BET ND VS OKLAHOMA IN 1957, THAT’S HOW NEW I AM TO NOTRE DAME FOOTBALL

SO TELL US

WHAT SHOULD HIS CP BE ?
WHAT SHOULD HIS YPA BE ?
WHAT SHOULD HIS YPC BE ?
WHAT SHOULD HIS QBR BE ?
So your like 80 years old and you act like a child?????? Man I am done with this conversation. You have some personal issues you need to work out.

Go spend time with your Grandkids. Man, you act so childish I seriously thought you were maybe 20 but more like in your teens.

I am done responding to your posts. Go call your Grandchildren maybe they will give you some attention.

Patrica has some weird hard on for anything Tom Brady. She is in love with him.
Some people are thought to be stupid, others, like you, prove they’re stupid by posting as you have above.

Tell us, how can a woman have a “hard on” you moron !

I wake up every morning feeling like the 15 year old juvenile delinquent of my youth, but when I go to shave …….. the mirror lies to me !

Did you take a poll on the use of the word “asinine” ?

I was trying to be as polite and gentle as possible when describing your statements and logic !
Sir, with all do respect, I am not responding to your posts any longer. You seriously have some issues.

My Grandfather was and still is the greatest man I ever meant. He raised until he passed away at age 80. He is the one that passed down to me his love for ND football. Every Saturday we would watch Notre Dame football together.

Out of respect for my Grandpa I am done debating with you. I do not wanna say anything disrespectful.

God bless you Pat. Cheers to 8 more wins and a major bowl victory!!!

So your like 80 years old and you act like a child?????? Man I am done with this conversation. You have some personal issues you need to work out.

Go spend time with your Grandkids. Man, you act so childish I seriously thought you were maybe 20 but more like in your teens.

I am done responding to your posts. Go call your Grandchildren maybe they will give you some attention.
YOU CAN‘T SUBSTANTIATE YOUR CLAIM.

YOU CAN’T TAKE THE HEAT, SO NOW YOU’RE TAKING YOUR FOOTBALL AND RUNNING HOME TO MOM !

WHEN YOU MAKE DEROGATORY, DECLARATIVE STATEMENTS YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO MEET ANY AND ALL CHALLENGES AND BE ABLE JUSTIFY AND SUBSTANTIATE THOSE STATEMENTS.

BUT YOU CAN’T !

IT’S CALLED “ACCOUNTABILITY” !

FIRST YOU DENIGRATE A NICE YOUNG MAN WHO IS TRYING HIS BEST TO WIN GAMES FOR NOTRE DAME.

THEN, AFTER CRITICIZING HIS PERFORMANCE, VIS A VIS BEING CRITICAL OF HIS STATS, I ASK YOU TO TELL US WHAT YOU THINK HIS STATS SHOULD BE AND YOU CAN’T ANSWER. WHY ?

THEN, LIKE A COWARD YOU RUN AWAY WHEN YOU‘RE PUT ON YHE CARPET.

I DON‘T NEED ATTENTION, I NEED ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS I POSED.
QUESTIONS BORNE OF YOUR STATEMENTS CRITICAL OF PYNE’S STATS.

WHY ARE YOU UNABLE TO ANSWER SUCH SIMPLE QUESTIONS ?

Sir, with all do respect, I am not responding to your posts any longer. You seriously have some issues.

My Grandfather was and still is the greatest man I ever meant. He raised until he passed away at age 80. He is the one that passed down to me his love for ND football. Every Saturday we would watch Notre Dame football together.

Out of respect for my Grandpa I am done debating with you. I do not wanna say anything disrespectful.

God bless you Pat. Cheers to 8 more wins and a major bowl victory!!!
YOU’RE THE ONE WITH THE ISSUES !

PICKING ON A 20 YEAR OLD KID WHO DID HIS BEST, WHO CAN’T DEFEND HIMSELF ON THIS SITE.

DID YOUR GRANDFATHER TEACH YOU TO PICK ON 20 YEAR OLD KIDS WHO ARE TRYING TO PERFORM AT THEIR BEST IN AN ATTEMPT TO WIN GAMES FOR NOTRE DAME ?

WOULD YOUR GRANDFATHER APPROVE OF YOUR CRITICISM OF PYNE ?

ACCOUNTABILITY IS A BITCH.

P.S. ALL THE BEST TO YOU.

GO IRISH !

Without fully looking at the rest of the quarterbacks Notre Dame will face this season, I guarantee every single one of them is better than Drew Pyne.
Jack Plummer:
QBR 136.2

Drew Pyne:
QBR 159.3

Jaren Hall
QBR 139.3

Drew Pyne
QBR 185.4

When you say guarantee, what does that mean, really?

Last edited:
Reactions: francade
Jack Plummer:
QBR 136.2

Drew Pyne:
QBR 159.3

Jaren Hall
QBR 139.3

Drew Pyne
QBR 185.4

Jack Plummer:
QBR 136.2

Drew Pyne:
QBR 159.3

Jaren Hall
QBR 139.3

Drew Pyne
QBR 185.4

I stand by what I posted.

Are you really saying you would take Pyne over Hall and Plummer???

If Pyne played for either BYU or Cal, who would start?

Sure why not.

Most kids can and pretty much every qb would be able to. They are usually the smartest position group on the team with OL

Why wouldnt they
Do you know what their board scores and GPA’s were ?

And if those scores qualified them to gain admission

No you don’t !

You just continue to make ridiculous, uninformed posts !

I stand by what I posted.

Are you really saying you would take Pyne over Hall and Plummer???

If Pyne played for either BYU or Cal, who would start?
Are these serious questions? I would take Pyne over both all day long.

Hall is the same height as Drew but he weighs about 4 pounds more. So, that's roughly a Chipotle Burrito. There is no comparing the 2 talentwise...

I'm reminded of the ND broadcasters slobbering all over Hall when the game started. "One of the best QB's in CFB". Then he fell apart while Drew played like Joe Theisman. If Drew is that much better than "One of the best QB's in CFB", that makes him one of the best QB's in CFB. It's undeniable.

Are these serious questions? I would take Pyne over both all day long.

Hall is the same height as Drew but he weighs about 4 pounds more. So, that's roughly a Chipotle Burrito. There is no comparing the 2 talentwise...

I'm reminded of the ND broadcasters slobbering all over Hall when the game started. "One of the best QB's in CFB". Then he fell apart while Drew played like Joe Theisman. If Drew is that much better than "One of the best QB's in CFB", that makes him one of the best QB's in CFB. It's undeniable.
No, you would not take Pyne over Hall if Pyne was not the ND QB.

1. TB beat Pyne.
2. Have you seen Pyne in person? Maybe
5’8 and is Hall 6’1.
3. Last year Hall had 2600 yards and 20 TDs
4. Draft network has Hall going 1st round 28th in the draft. Pyne will not get drafted.

Do you know what their board scores and GPA’s were ?

And if those scores qualified them to gain admission

No you don’t !

You just continue to make ridiculous, uninformed posts !
When you prove that they wouldn't be able to get in, I'll buy your story here

Prove that they couldn't get in. I'll wait

Last edited:
No, you would not take Pyne over Hall if Pyne was not the ND QB.

1. TB beat Pyne.
2. Have you seen Pyne in person? Maybe
5’8 and is Hall 6’1.
3. Last year Hall had 2600 yards and 20 TDs
4. Draft network has Hall going 1st round 28th in the draft. Pyne will not get drafted.
There is no doubt in my mind I would take Pyne.
1. TB has never won a college football game. Drew is undefeated.
2. Both QB's are listed at 6' at the rivals site.
3. Who cares?
4. It is only your opinion Drew will not be drafted. You didn't think Drew would be 3-0 right now, so you might be wrong again.

There is no doubt in my mind I would take Pyne.
1. TB has never won a college football game. Drew is undefeated.
2. Both QB's are listed at 6' at the rivals site.
3. Who cares?
4. It is only your opinion Drew will not be drafted. You didn't think Drew would be 3-0 right now, so you might be wrong again.
He's talking about Hall

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT