ADVERTISEMENT

Stating the Obvious, ND needs an elite "college" QB

Please tell me you are not happy with the ND QB performance? ND has zero deep ball capability. Everything is dink and dump. Not good my friend.
You didn’t answer my question !

Answer my question

thanks

That’s fair and that’s your opinion
That is odd and nonsensical that that dude would pick out former walk-on Stetson Bennett of all QBs as the player that you would shun as no good and highly overrated, as if that compares in any way to the player you're actually belittling, that being an elite, prototypical five-star recruit with offers from everybody in CJ Carr.

But I've come to expect an often spectacular lack of compelling, or even obvious logic in what most of anybody says on this board, regardless of the subject matter....

You didn’t answer my question !

Answer my question

thanks
I did see the question.

Is the question "According to your standards and expectations, what should his stats have been ?"

There is a reason Pyne was 2nd/3rd string last season.

There is a reason ND brought in Jack last season.

There is a reason Pyne was 2nd string this season.

He is an average QB. If ND wants to truly compete for a championship, you cannot give full ride scholarships to QBs like Pyne.

Your post came before the NC game. I put zero stock in that game. NC has one of the worst defenses in the world and outside of ND they have played bad teams.

Pyne brings nothing great to the QB position. He is the size of Rudy but probably runs a 4.8 40.

No on and I mean no one on this board should be excited about Drew Pyne being the ND QB.

I did see the question.

Is the question "According to your standards and expectations, what should his stats have been ?"

He is an average QB. If ND wants to truly compete for a championship, you cannot give full ride scholarships to QBs like Pyne.

Your post came before the NC game. I put zero stock in that game. NC has one of the worst defenses in the world and outside of ND they have played bad teams.

Pyne brings nothing great to the QB position. He is the size of Rudy but probably runs a 4.8 40.

No on and I mean no one on this board should be excited about Drew Pyne being the ND QB.
Zorich 88 needs to apply for the Nebraska job, interview well and be named the Head Coach in Lincoln, and show all of us how to recruit and coach a major CFB program.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zorich 88
Most in the recruiting world thought Buchner was the best QB in the nation as a junior in HS. Recruiting QB's is an art, not a science. That said, unless you have UGA/Bama talent all over the field, you need a dynamic QB that can run and throw if you want to win CFB playoff games.

Saw Caleb Williams play in high school. There was no doubting he was a great athlete along with arm talent. He could make every throw.

Reactions: Zorich 88
Most in the recruiting world thought Buchner was the best QB in the nation as a junior in HS. Recruiting QB's is an art, not a science. That said, unless you have UGA/Bama talent all over the field, you need a dynamic QB that can run and throw if you want to win CFB playoff games.

Saw Caleb Williams play in high school. There was no doubting he was a great athlete along with arm talent. He could make every throw.
Replace Ian Book with Trevor Lawrence two seasons ago in the CFB Playoff, and Notre Dame still loses to Alabama.

This discussion may never end. Granted that a 5 star highly regarded quarterback gives you the best chance to win a championship and that college football has evolved. Nevertheless, I have very good memories of a third string, bench warming quarterback at Notre Dame, John Huarte, who took ND to one of its best seasons and a MacArthur National Championship in 1964. Huarte even won the Heisman Trophy before he received his varsity letter. What Huarte was particularly good at was hiding the ball while handing off. Don't see ball handling, or many great bootlegs, today. The recent times that ND did try to do that kind of magic ball handling did seem to succeed. Maybe that would help Pyne.

Last edited:
Zorich 88 needs to apply for the Nebraska job, interview well and be named the Head Coach in Lincoln, and show all of us how to recruit and coach a major CFB program.
I simply give opinions. If you guys do not want my opinion, then I will simply keep the opinion to myself and just state and give positive posts.

I will start posting the following:

Carr is great! he will be the greatest QB since Brady.

Pyne is so fun to watch! Man, I love cheering for the underdog!

So what NC has the worst offense in the world. ND RUSHED FOR 300 YARDS!!!!

Carr is not a game changing, program elevating QB/player. No better than what ND has now.

I did see the question.

You continue to fail to answer my question.

Answer my question.

in case you forgot the question, I listed it below.

DP’s completion percentage is 69.0 % and his QB rating is 145.4 !
Those are are very good stats for any QB !
According to your standards and expectations, what should his stats have been ?

Answer the question !

I'm incredibly excited to have Drew Pyne at QB. I also enjoy him being undefeated and I appreciate greatly his effort. Others are welcome to disagree.

I'm incredibly excited to have Drew Pyne at QB. I also enjoy him being undefeated and I appreciate greatly his effort. Others are welcome to disagree.
How can anyone not wish him great success ?

You continue to fail to answer my question.

Answer my question.

in case you forgot the question, I listed it below.

DP’s completion percentage is 69.0 % and his QB rating is 145.4 !
Those are are very good stats for any QB !
According to your standards and expectations, what should his stats have been ?

Answer the question !
I thought I answered the question but ok I will try again.

I am getting my stats from this link

Pyne is 35th in pass efficiency. Terrible

Pyne has 6 TD (played the worst defense in the world) Terrible

Passing yards 459 Terrible

Longest pass 36 yards terrible

70% passing??? The majority of his passes are less than 15 yards! Terrible

He averages 7.7 yards a pass Terrible

Pyne has no business being on scholarship at ND.

QB rating 146??? Again, it’s all dink and dump.

The 35 1st downs earned by Drew Pyne on Saturday afternoon vs. North Carolina are the most since the Irish piled up 36 first downs in a 49-0 victory over Army at home on Oct. 19, 1974.

~50 years

did he run over your dog?

Reactions: BGI User 756
The 35 1st downs earned by Drew Pyne on Saturday afternoon vs. North Carolina are the most since the Irish piled up 36 first downs in a 49-0 victory over Army at home on Oct. 19, 1974.

~50 years
Against the worst defense in the world

Look, I am a huge ND fan, no one on this board should doubt that. However, I am also a realist. Pyne played against an awful team last week. He also played an average (Cal) and looked terrible.

Guys, let’s be honest, in almost every game ND plays this season, ND will have the 2nd best QB in the game.

Look, I am a huge ND fan, no one on this board should doubt that. However, I am also a realist. Pyne played against an awful team last week. He also played an average (Cal) and looked terrible.

Guys, let’s be honest, in almost every game ND plays this season, ND will have the 2nd best QB in the game.
I see. He beat Cal because he sucks. He beat NC because they suck.

Why did TB get destroyed in every game he started and then get broken in 2 by an unranked Marshall?

Reactions: BGI User 756
I see. He beat Cal because he sucks. He beat NC because they suck.

Why did TB get destroyed in every game he started and then get broken in 2 by an unranked Marshall?
Destroyed? Huh. Broken in two? Huh

This team will go as far as the defense and OL takes us.

Like every other team in CFB. Thanks, Capt Obvious.
No. Some teams have a shit defense or a shit OL and they will go as far as the QB and skill players take them

You really think every teams strength is their D and OL? You think every team wins the same way? You think a Wisconsin and a spread team win the same way?

You sounded really dumb there

You clearly know very little about football.

Almost every QB in history, college and pro, has a YPA of SIGNIFICANTLY LESS THAN 15 yds.

You still haven’t answered my questions, what should his complrtion percentage be ?

What should his YPA be ?

What should his YPC be. ?

What should his QBR be. ?

Why don’t you compare his stats to Joe Montana’s and Deshone Kizer’s stats and tell us how they compare.

DP’s completion percentage and Yards Per Attempt are both higher than Tom Brady’s CP and YPA.

You know nothing about the relationship between CP and YPA !
In fact, you know very little about football.

How about the rest of the team, starting with the OLine ?

No. Some teams have a shit defense or a shit OL and they will go as far as the QB and skill players take them

You really think every teams strength is their D and OL? You think every team wins the same way? You think a Wisconsin and a spread team win the same way?

You sounded really dumb there
You're truly genius.

Georgia, Alabama, Ohio St, Mich, all have defenses that are sh*t.

You're truly genius.

Georgia, Alabama, Ohio St, Mich, all have defenses that are sh*t.
You said like every other cfb team in the country.... that's exactly what you said.

And not every team goes as far as the OL and D takes them. Not every team is built the same. And not every team wins the same. That's how this team is built to win with defense and our OL. Some teams strengths are the QB and skill positions.

So your comment was trash

Maybe so, but Pyne's QB rating of 159.3 so far is higher than the QBs from BYU, Stanford, Clemson, Baylor and LSU, among others. He's been very efficient in his two starts.

Are you trying to say Pyne is good?

Are you happy ND recruited Pyne?

Pyne has no business on any team that is realistically trying to win a championship.

Pyne would not start over Marshals QB or Cals. TB would not start over Marshals QB.

Maybe so, but Pyne's QB rating of 159.3 so far is higher than the QBs from BYU, Stanford, Clemson, Baylor and LSU, among others. He's been very efficient in his two starts.
He is averaging 7.7 yards per pass. His longest is 35 yards. Come on, if Pyne was wearing a different uniform, no one on this board would be talking about his QB stats.

How about the rest of the team, starting with the OLine ?
SMH

We are talking about the QB position. If ND wants to win a championship, they need an elite level QB. The current roster does not have said QB.

I will be cheering for ND every game. I 100% want Pyne to play out his mind every week.

I am simply stating the obvious. ND has major issues at QB.

You clearly know very little about football.

Almost every QB in history, college and pro, has a YPA of SIGNIFICANTLY LESS THAN 15 yds.

You still haven’t answered my questions, what should his complrtion percentage be ?

What should his YPA be ?

What should his YPC be. ?

What should his QBR be. ?

Why don’t you compare his stats to Joe Montana’s and Deshone Kizer’s stats and tell us how they compare.

DP’s completion percentage and Yards Per Attempt are both higher than Tom Brady’s CP and YPA.

You know nothing about the relationship between CP and YPA !
In fact, you know very little about football.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂

You are so feisty!!!!!!!!! Calm down young fella calm down.

Look, you can say I know nothing about football, that’s fine.

But you are the one comparing Pyne to Brady and Montana lol.

But let’s stay at that crazy level of comparison and compare Pyne to Stroud.

Stroud: Passing yards 1200, TDs 16, 112 att. Passing rating 207.

Pyne: Yards 459, TD 6, att 63, rating 159

I know, the first thing you will say is “weapons”. CJ has better weapons and runs a different offense.

Well, the same can be said about the guys you compared Pyne to.

You actually compared Pyne to guys with a total of 11 Super Bowl rings???? And I’m the one that knows nothing about football???

Who is the better QB, Drew or Stroud?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT