ADVERTISEMENT

Stating the Obvious, ND needs an elite "college" QB

Everyone outside of ann arbor knows he is elite. Ann arbor.... LOL

I guess every evaluator from 247, on3, rivals, espn, and nd guys and schools from all over the country dont have a clue what they are seeing.

Maybe its the people from ann arbor
The kid lives in the Ann Arbor area.

Have any of those people you named been wrong about player ranking? At least once?

Look, your a Carr fan. cool that’s great. I am not.

I can appreciate the high hopes you have. But man, you are giving a 17 year old kid a lot to live up to.

I am from Michigan. No one and I mean no one that follows high school sports in Michigan would put Carr over Donte Moore. There is zero comparison, it’s not even close.

Matt Ryan? Reminds you of Matt Ryan??? Come on really? Already comparing him to NFL grown man talent???

Jimmy? Nope, he is not as good as Jimmy. Jimmy was more accurate and had a quicker release.

Best since Jimmy??? 😂 😂 😂 He is no where close to Kizer, Golson, Zaire, Book or even Whimbush.

You are crazy if you think he will be better than Book. Book was the best QB ND has had since Brady.

Oh and Phil is better than Carr.
So your sole qualification in determining CJ’s worth is the fact you live in Michigan and what you hear around the water cooler?!? 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Get the f—k out of here with that crap. Man the BS drivel you’re slinging in this post alone could fill a 2 ton manure truck!!🤣🤣🤣

I am sure your come back will be ‘you live in Michigan and know’…🤣😜🤣🤣

Last edited:
I agree “if you have the talent”. But I end your quote there. Carr is not a game changer. Nothing elite about him.
Ha ha ok chumley another unqualified talent analyst. I certainly will never lay down a line in the sand with how a kid HS kid will turn out in college. Anyone that has followed recruiting for any amount of time knows you don’t throw down the mustard your slinging? What qualifications do you possess or is it the 2-3 minutes of HS clips your uneducated eye watched?!? Wow, talk about huge axes to grind, and your might have something on Paul Bunyan.🤣🤣🤣🤣. What else you got Karnak? 🙄

Everyone outside of ann arbor knows he is elite. Ann arbor.... LOL

I guess every evaluator from 247, on3, rivals, espn, and nd guys and schools from all over the country dont have a clue what they are seeing.

Maybe its the people from ann arbor
He’s the kind of high school QB that will look better at the college level. He’s wicked accurate and has a strong arm. If you’re judging him based on high school play and throwing to high school receivers you’re not evaluating him. He makes throws that nobody else in the state can make. He dominates at camps. He’s a college pro style passer. He’s far more advanced at this stage in high school than another Michigan QB (Kirk Cousins).

You say “ just because you have an opinion you think it is fact”. Ummm isn’t that what you are doing? You are giving you opinion On Carr. You believe he is elite I don’t. It’s simple my friend. You told me why you believe he is elite I told you why I don’t believe he is. No biggie boss
Do you enjoy telling people how you are right that a high school junior is going to fail at something? You must be a hoot at the junior proms. You keep spinning he is not elite…that is fine, but as of today the website you subscribe to and we all are posting on says you are wrong. Instead of fighting with people about the extreme opinion you have about a teenage boy is right, it’s better to keep your mostly unaccepted opinion relatively muted. You made it clear, but most believe you to be wrong today. Stop talking down a teenage boy and wait a few years to see how things turn out.

You say “ just because you have an opinion you think it is fact”. Ummm isn’t that what you are doing? You are giving you opinion On Carr. You believe he is elite I don’t. It’s simple my friend. You told me why you believe he is elite I told you why I don’t believe he is. No biggie boss
Yeah I got that. But you act like there is no way he can be elite and to state your opinion like fact

Like there's not one person in ann arbor who thinks he is elite yet the entire country does. Yeah okay

I remember when he committed and actual Michigan insiders and writers were so disappointed because they thought he was so good. So some people around there obviously think highly of him

Reactions: BGI User 756
He’s the kind of high school QB that will look better at the college level. He’s wicked accurate and has a strong arm. If you’re judging him based on high school play and throwing to high school receivers you’re not evaluating him. He makes throws that nobody else in the state can make. He dominates at camps. He’s a college pro style passer. He’s far more advanced at this stage in high school than another Michigan QB (Kirk Cousins).
I agree with a lot although I do think Moore is a slightly better prospect at this point although that can change. Also I think he has a good arm but not a big arm yet.

1. I have seen Carr play in person since 8th grade.

He is not a game changer. Good not great

Do you enjoy telling people how you are right that a high school junior is going to fail at something? You must be a hoot at the junior proms. You keep spinning he is not elite…that is fine, but as of today the website you subscribe to and we all are posting on says you are wrong. Instead of fighting with people about the extreme opinion you have about a teenage boy is right, it’s better to keep your mostly unaccepted opinion relatively muted. You made it clear, but most believe you to be wrong today. Stop talking down a teenage boy and wait a few years to see how things turn out.
So if I came on this message board and started saying how great he is how wonderful he is and how he’s going to change Notre Dame football how’s he’s going to win a championship for Notre Dame then you would be patting me on my back and saying yeah I totally agree with you? I am only telling you what I see this is strictly my opinion.

If his last name wasn’t Carr he wouldn’t be coming to ND. There is nothing special about him.

Yeah I got that. But you act like there is no way he can be elite and to state your opinion like fact

Like there's not one person in ann arbor who thinks he is elite yet the entire country does. Yeah okay

I remember when he committed and actual Michigan insiders and writers were so disappointed because they thought he was so good. So some people around there obviously think highly of him
I also said I hope I am wrong. I also said he has time to improve. He won’t see the field at ND until at least 2026. I said he definitely can improve.

Every Michigan insider from Michigan wanted Moore 2023 over Carr 2024. No Michigan insider I know wanted Carr over Moore.

I hope your right about Carr. However, in my neck of the woods people are shocked he got an ND offer. Remember, Tommy is the same guy that gave TB, DP and Angeli a full ride scholarship. Man I hope I am 100% wrong about Carr. I just don't see it. I saw him play last Friday night, nothing jaw dropping about him. The comp he plays' against is bad to average. He has not played against one D1 defensive player all season. Again, he will not be asked to play until 2026 so he has time to improve. But a portal guy will have to show up on campus next season.
Does your area of the state all have the same last name? Asking for the board

So if I came on this message board and started saying how great he is how wonderful he is and how he’s going to change Notre Dame football how’s he’s going to win a championship for Notre Dame then you would be patting me on my back and saying yeah I totally agree with you? I am only telling you what I see this is strictly my opinion.

If his last name wasn’t Carr he wouldn’t be coming to ND. There is nothing special about him.
There's been plenty famous sons of more successful people then Lloyd Carr. That's just silly saying he is coming here because of his name. That's weak

I also said I hope I am wrong. I also said he has time to improve. He won’t see the field at ND until at least 2026. I said he definitely can improve.

Every Michigan insider from Michigan wanted Moore 2023 over Carr 2024. No Michigan insider I know wanted Carr over Moore.
2026.... yeah okay. Wanna bet on that?

2026.... yeah okay. Wanna bet on that?
So he is going to start as a freshman?
Graduation 2024
Freshman in college 2025
If Carr starts his freshman year at ND then something terrible has happened at ND.

Graduation 2024
Freshman in college 2025
If Carr starts his freshman year at ND then something terrible has happened at ND.
I am also from Michigan. Carr is an elite QB. He’s not an athlete. If you want flashy athletes to be your college QB, there are likely 300 throughout the state putting up all kinds of silly numbers on the ground.

CJ is a prototypical college QB. He can’t do much without time in the pocket. He’s not going to kill everyone with his legs. Give him time and he’s deadly accurate and has an elite arm. He has all the tools to be a first round draft pick. He needs wide receivers with high talent. He can place the ball anywhere on the field he likes. He needs an OL that can give him adequate time. If you surround him with good players, Carr has a ceiling as high as just about anyone. He’s not going to flash in high school the way he will at ND. It’s the nature of the position in high school. You don’t simply evaluate a QB based on his high school numbers. When CJ wins the Elite 11 Finals (if he doesn’t reclassify), he will be the #2 composite QB, simply bc Raiola isn’t getting replaced.

if you want flash, go for another Buchner.

#1 I am not looking for flash

#2 He is not a game changer. Carr is not better than anyone currently on scholarship at ND.

ND needs a game changing QB. A guy that defensive coordinators are concerned about.

Carr is just another QB. No better than what ND currently has.

If Carr is elite then let’s see how far he carries his team into the playoffs this season.

#1 I am not looking for flash

#2 He is not a game changer. Carr is not better than anyone currently on scholarship at ND.

ND needs a game changing QB. A guy that defensive coordinators are concerned about.

Carr is just another QB. No better than what ND currently has.

If Carr is elite then let’s see how far he carries his team into the playoffs this season.
You don't think Carr is better than Pawlus III? Haven't you learned anything about your opinions and predictions, and how often you're wrong.

All's I know is if ND is banking on CJ Carr skipping his senior year of HS, which was certainly not the original plan, to step in and take over as a de facto HS senior, and TB is already being written off as damaged goods, that is going to be the kiss of death for the MF regime, if it isn't doomed already.

Hit the transfer portal, MF, if you're that desperate. Do not put all your eggs in this poor kid's basket, and do NOT make him skip his senior of HS. If you don't see how effed up that is, then you're more naive and unsuited to be a HC at a place like ND than I thought.

ND needs to get up to speed with the transfer portal in any case, if they plan on staying relevant, such relevance which is very quickly turning to dust sans BK... So get out there and make it happen, there's absolutely no excuse for doing otherwise if the need is felt. We already did it with Jack Coan, so it's not like we don't know what it looks like...
Good points. I was sorry that we didn’t get the grad quarterback from Dartmouth. Seemed like he could have helped.

The current ND QBs (including Carr) have no business being on a full ride scholarship at ND. That is of course if ND wants to be an elite program.

These QBs seem like nice young men. They work hard and they love Notre Dame. This post is NOT a personal attack on these young men. College football is a business periode. This is not personal it's just business.

TB, Pyne and Carr are all average QBs that are not elite college QBs. I am not saying ND needs 1st round NFL talent at QB, although that would be nice. Just be elite at the college level.

TB and DP would not start at QB ON any of NDs first 3 opponents.

Why in the world is ND recruiting this type of low end tallent at QB? Carr is just as average as these two guys. The only hope for Carr is he will not see the field until 2026. So he has time to improve.

ND will only be as good as their QB play.
Might be a little to early for that prediction

Reactions: Zorich 88
Good points. I was sorry that we didn’t get the grad quarterback from Dartmouth. Seemed like he could have helped.
Supposedly we could have had Kedon Slovis, and some blog or article I clicked onto said we could possibly have gotten Caleb Williams, which sounds like nonsense.... But at least Slovis was apparently ready to come to ND, and he would have been great, you can't ask for much more than someone like that....

However, I probably wouldn't have done it either, and would have been happy to turn things over to Buchner. The fact that Buchner is out for the season is a huge development, and now his future seems as if its uncertain. And the offense sucks, which was wasn't a foregone conclusion before the season started, though it's not altogether a huge surprise.

So it's not good. A lot of unknowns moving forward. And the portal is currently empty, so we'll have to see how that develops. Presumably there will be capable QBs available in time, but we'll have to see how it goes....

Supposedly we could have had Kedon Slovis, and some blog or article I clicked onto said we could possibly have gotten Caleb Williams, which sounds like nonsense.... But at least Slovis was apparently ready to come to ND, and he would have been great, you can't ask for much more than someone like that....

However, I probably wouldn't have done it either, and would have been happy to turn things over to Buchner. The fact that Buchner is out for the season is a huge development, and now his future seems as if its uncertain. And the offense sucks, which was wasn't a foregone conclusion before the season started, though it's not altogether a huge surprise.

So it's not good. A lot of unknowns moving forward. And the portal is currently empty, so we'll have to see how that develops. Presumably there will be capable QBs available in time, but we'll have to see how it goes....
Slovis and Daniels both wanted in. They felt confident they could beat out Buchner. Both were blown off. Both will play in the NFL. Buchner won’t.

So you believe Carr is better than TB?
I think Carr is better than TB...by a long shot. He has a better arm....is a smart quarterback that sees the field well...and he will be on the field while TB is wearing a shoulder harness or a foot cast. I projected that TB would get hurt about game 4....it didn't that that long. He won't be able to lead the offense for any full season, imo....His style of play will just about guarantee another injury. ND lacks more than a quarterback....they need a more stout offensive line that moves the defense where it needs to be moved....and wide receivers. In fact, ND needs an offensive coordinator who can recruit quarterbacks and receivers. So basically....the quarterback argument is about 25% of the story. Right now....the Notre Dame offense is pedestrian at best. A very long way to go to build an elite offense.

Graduation 2024
Freshman in college 2025
He'll be a frosh in 24. Soph in 25.

He also may reclassify

His HS grad year is 2024
24/25 season he will be a freshman in college
25/26 season sophomore

I think Carr is better than TB...by a long shot. He has a better arm....is a smart quarterback that sees the field well...and he will be on the field while TB is wearing a shoulder harness or a foot cast. I projected that TB would get hurt about game 4....it didn't that that long. He won't be able to lead the offense for any full season, imo....His style of play will just about guarantee another injury. ND lacks more than a quarterback....they need a more stout offensive line that moves the defense where it needs to be moved....and wide receivers. In fact, ND needs an offensive coordinator who can recruit quarterbacks and receivers. So basically....the quarterback argument is about 25% of the story. Right now....the Notre Dame offense is pedestrian at best. A very long way to go to build an elite offense.
Are you saying Carr right now is better than TB?

I know you are not saying that?????

You mean Carr will be better one day, right?

His HS grad year is 2024
24/25 season he will be a freshman in college
25/26 season sophomore
Nope he's a 24 recruit. His hs sr is 23/2024.

His college freshman year for football is 2024

His college sophomore year for football is 2025

His junior year is 2026

You act like you know everything about the kid yet you dont know when he will be a senior and when he will be enrolling in college

He'll be a starter before his junior year which is 2026

Reactions: Tru2Irish
The current ND QBs (including Carr) have no business being on a full ride scholarship at ND. That is of course if ND wants to be an elite program.

These QBs seem like nice young men. They work hard and they love Notre Dame. This post is NOT a personal attack on these young men. College football is a business periode. This is not personal it's just business.

TB, Pyne and Carr are all average QBs that are not elite college QBs. I am not saying ND needs 1st round NFL talent at QB, although that would be nice. Just be elite at the college level.

TB and DP would not start at QB ON any of NDs first 3 opponents.

Why in the world is ND recruiting this type of low end tallent at QB? Carr is just as average as these two guys. The only hope for Carr is he will not see the field until 2026. So he has time to improve.

ND will only be as good as their QB play.
You seem like the guy who would kick a Stetson Bennett off a team. Carr is a jr. in hs. Moore is a sr. One year can make a lot of difference in maturity,growth,knowledge,poise, ability. Also Angelli is someone I'm glad to have on the team. Sure ND wanted Moore but his daddy wanted cold hard cash not playing for a tradition or 4 for 40 as we always recruit. Times have changed. Eventually these other teams won't be able to afford stockpiling 5* qbs. Already you are seeing a trend of top qbs not waiting long behind a Stroud or others. The portal will be very important to ND. I just hope Rees takes the blinders off and sees this need. Kelly brought Coan not Rees. While Coan lacked mobility. Maturity meant a lot.Carr,Angelli will be just fine. Not sure on Buchner as he seems injury prone. Pyne proved to me that he is too small on 4th and 1 situations to push the ball ahead. Give it to Estime. Also I pointed out correctly that Estime was sucking air before that fumble and needed replaced by one of Tyree or Diggs, Diggs being the bigger type that close to goalline. That falls on Rees .

Reactions: BGI User 756
Are you saying Carr right now is better than TB?

I know you are not saying that?????

You mean Carr will be better one day, right?
Carr has the skill set to be better than Buchner. Buchner is more athlete than quarterback. We need a quarterback.

Nope he's a 24 recruit. His hs sr is 23/2024.

His college freshman year for football is 2024

His college sophomore year for football is 2025

His junior year is 2026

You act like you know everything about the kid yet you dont know when he will be a senior and when he will be enrolling in college

He'll be a starter before his junior year which is 2026
We are arguing over schematics.

Last season was the 2022 college playoff championship this season will be the 2023 college football playoff championship his freshman year in college will be the 2025 college football playoffs. Again we are simply arguing schematics so I am done with that topic.

Last edited:
You seem like the guy who would kick a Stetson Bennett off a team. Carr is a jr. in hs. Moore is a sr. One year can make a lot of difference in maturity,growth,knowledge,poise, ability. Also Angelli is someone I'm glad to have on the team. Sure ND wanted Moore but his daddy wanted cold hard cash not playing for a tradition or 4 for 40 as we always recruit. Times have changed. Eventually these other teams won't be able to afford stockpiling 5* qbs. Already you are seeing a trend of top qbs not waiting long behind a Stroud or others. The portal will be very important to ND. I just hope Rees takes the blinders off and sees this need. Kelly brought Coan not Rees. While Coan lacked mobility. Maturity meant a lot.Carr,Angelli will be just fine. Not sure on Buchner as he seems injury prone. Pyne proved to me that he is too small on 4th and 1 situations to push the ball ahead. Give it to Estime. Also I pointed out correctly that Estime was sucking air before that fumble and needed replaced by one of Tyree or Diggs, Diggs being the bigger type that close to goalline. That falls on Rees .
You can call me any type of guy you wanna call me.
I am simply stating my opinion that is what this message board is it is to give opinion so you can come at me with any kind of comparison you want to come to me with.

I am simply stating that I have seen this young man play football since the eighth grade. There is nothing in my opinion special about him. He is not a game changer he is not a guy that is going to come to Notre Dame and elevate the Notre Dame football program to the championship level that we all want it to be.

Watch him play in person and there is nothing eye-popping or jaw-dropping about his football ability he is simply a good high school quarterback. He is not better than anybody else that Notre Dame has on scholarship currently at the quarterback position.
Again guys I am simply giving an opinion I 100% hope that I am wrong and I hope this guy comes in and wins three Heisman‘s I just do not expect that type of performance from car..

We are our green schematics.

Last season was the 2022 college playoff championship this season will be the 2023 college football playoff championship his freshman year in college will be the 2025 college football playoffs. Again we are simply arguing schematics so I am done with that topic.
You dont think Car will start before his junior year. I do

You dont think Car will start before his junior year. I do
I did a voice text on that post. For some reason it says green we are arguing over green lol. I meant to say we are arguing over schematics.

I believe TB will be the starter next season which would be technically his junior year but he could red shirt this current season.

So TB could play 3 more seasons at ND. That would put Carr in his junior year when TB is gone. Carr should redshirt his freshman year.

Of course, if TB stinks it up then Carr could definitely play his sophomore year.

You can call me any type of guy you wanna call me.
I am simply stating my opinion that is what this message board is it is to give opinion so you can come at me with any kind of comparison you want to come to me with.

I am simply stating that I have seen this young man play football since the eighth grade. There is nothing in my opinion special about him. He is not a game changer he is not a guy that is going to come to Notre Dame and elevate the Notre Dame football program to the championship level that we all want it to be.

Watch him play in person and there is nothing eye-popping or jaw-dropping about his football ability he is simply a good high school quarterback. He is not better than anybody else that Notre Dame has on scholarship currently at the quarterback position.
Again guys I am simply giving an opinion I 100% hope that I am wrong and I hope this guy comes in and wins three Heisman‘s I just do not expect that type of performance from car..
Thank You Mel Kiper.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT