ADVERTISEMENT

Stanford will beat us

Do

Don’t you need Washington to best Wash St this Saturday in order to go to the Conf Championship game?

Yep Wash St controls everything in the North. Stanford can be beaten in you can stop love with 7 or less in the box. It is just as simple as that. Stop love whiteout giving up the easy pass and you win. But Love is a home run hitter. You can stop him ten times in a row and then he breaks on for 80.

Yep Wash St controls everything in the North. Stanford can be beaten in you can stop love with 7 or less in the box. It is just as simple as that. Stop love whiteout giving up the easy pass and you win. But Love is a home run hitter. You can stop him ten times in a row and then he breaks on for 80.
Thanks Beach, and I totally agree about Love. Been saying he is the best running back we’ve played against all year. Seems like every time he touches the ball he’s a threat to take it all the way. Early in the season I was amazed at his ability to break tackles given his size, and his acceleration to his second gear is incredible. Haven’t seen him play for several weeks now, and wonder if he’s still the same runner, or had the recurring ankle problem taken it’s toll?

Do

Don’t you need Washington to best Wash St this Saturday in order to go to the Conf Championship game?

That's true, but UW is a fairly strong favorite to win on Saturday. Wazzu rarely takes the Apple Cup when it is played in Seattle. I think that is part of the consideration as far as Love's availability for the Notre Dame game.

Last edited:
I like washington's chances to be WSU. So I think that means USC would play Stanford in the Pac12 championship game

That's true, but UW is a fairly strong favorite to win on Saturday. Wazzu rarely takes the Apple Cup when it is played in Seattle. I think that is part of the consideration as far as Love's availability for the Notre Dame game.

His speed in both incredible and deceptive. I don't want to play Stanford again. In rematches between two teams the better coach usually wins. Shaw is by far the better coach.

Reactions: hayaka
More information on Bryce Love from Shaw's press conference today.

Shaw said that "as long as the ankle pain is bearable, Bryce will play." If the last three games are an indication, Love will play in the first half, and then have to leave the game sometime in the second half, and won't be able to return.

Shaw also said that unlike other injuries, they aren’t too concerned about causing long-term damage due to the nature of it.

More information on Bryce Love from Shaw's press conference today.

Shaw said that "as long as the ankle pain is bearable, Bryce will play." If the last three games are an indication, Love will play in the first half, and then have to leave the game sometime in the second half, and won't be able to return.

Shaw also said that unlike other injuries, they aren’t too concerned about causing long-term damage due to the nature of it.
Will you know the outcome of the Wash game before the start of the ND game?

Will you know the outcome of the Wash game before the start of the ND game?

No, both games start at 5pm PST. Although in both of their losses this year, Wazzu got blown out, so it's possible that UW could be quite a bit ahead by halftime. I wouldn't expect that though, in such an intense rivalry game.

Shaw is a moron. When an ankle is unstable you are supposed to stay off of it until it heals. Yes it will cause long term damage. That is why he keeps reinjuring it week after week because he's playing on an injured foot.

Reactions: rjg82
Eric Hansen reported last night on his radio show that Shaw said it's day to day. Translation....we'll keep 'em guessing.

My guess is that Love does not play. The game is meaningless to SU. Unless Love believes he needs the game to win the Heisman, why risk the injury.
SU has a QB problem tbat will be that much worse without Love. The QB (whoever) is not good enough to win games.

Last edited:
Surprised by all the dissing of the Stanford QB. Costello played very well against UDub and did ok against WSU, two very good teams, just not Miami good. Only Love's absence resulted in a poor game against Ore. State. Cal game was an emotional rivalry game and Cal routed WSU. If Loves plays at all will be surprised if Irish win.

I don't understand those of you that state Stanford has nothing to play for. Stanford wants to beat ND bad. If for no other reason, it's ND. Another reason might just be the Stanford players are competitive and have character which means no matter who they play, they want to give it their all. The game is also on national TV, prime time. Then you can of course throw in the championship etc. This is a big game for both ND and Stanford. If the Irish win, it will still be a big game. If they lose, no excuses. My Soph year in HS, we went 4-6. We played as hard in the last game of that year as we did in my senior year where we went to the state playoffs 10-0. We played for pride and our coach not to mention the school. Why would we think Stanford players are any different. Stanford will play their best. My hope is that the Irish play up to their potential. If that happens, the Irish win. GO IRISH!

Stanford is a fine team that runs an offense based on mismatches on the line through formations. That have a home run hitter in Love and Costello is a good, but not great QB. That being said the only area of advantage Stanford has over ND is at running back (and maybe a slight one in the defensive backfield)and even there the difference isn't as great as some my thing. Stop Love with 7 or less in the box and you win, maybe comfortably.

Could ND lose? Certainly. Should it.? No

This game is in Palo Alto. Lucky for ND it is a long way from Gainsville, Fl.
Now that CK is no longer being considered for UF, will BK be prospecting?
The UF job has to be enticing to BK. Would Florida be inclined to listen?
Or is Frost the firm UF target?

This game is in Palo Alto. Lucky for ND it is a long way from Gainsville, Fl.
Now that CK is no longer being considered for UF, will BK be prospecting?
The UF job has to be enticing to BK. Would Florida be inclined to listen?
Or is Frost the firm UF target?
Frost is number one target now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT