ADVERTISEMENT

Stanford & Cal to ACC?

IrishHerb

Posts Like A Champion
Nov 18, 2006
Have been seeing reports that since the PAC-12 is crumbling, Stanford and Cal may opt to join the ACC.

Conference alignments are becoming crazy!! The SEC has schools that are far from being in the SE; the Big-10 has way more than 10 schools; the ACC has schools that are far from the Atlantic Coast (and if Stanford & Cal join, then there will be Pacific Coast schools in the Atlantic ...)

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Have been seeing reports that since the PAC-12 is crumbling, Stanford and Cal may opt to join the ACC.

Conference alignments are becoming crazy!! The SEC has schools that are far from being in the SE; the Big-10 has way more than 10 schools; the ACC has schools that are far from the Atlantic Coast (and if Stanford & Cal join, then there will be Pacific Coast schools in the Atlantic ...)
I read something on this last night.
They need to join ND as an independent I'm sure they have the endowment for it

I read ND is pushing hard for the ACC to add Stanford and Cal. Seems like that would dilute the payout per school even more.

Stay tuned...

Adding Stanford and Cal would be a grand slam for the academic minded ACC, and would expand the conference coast to coast..

I'm not surprised Jack Swarbick is reportedly pushing hard for this.

This is getting stupid. None of this restructuring will last

I cannot see either school in the ACC unless ND accompanied one of them which I also feel won't happen.
I read that the revenue to each ACC school increases when you add teams from other states. And California certainly qualifies.

I think the ACC strategy is, "if we fatten up to 18 teams, we can lose 6 and still be a viable conference". Sort of following the B12 game plan.
They may think that. Problem. If UNC, FSU, and Clemson leave town then the Bay Area Schools are not going to stick around to play Pitt and NCST.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT