ADVERTISEMENT

Sneed is Irish!!!

Wow. That’s a huge win!!! Now close this class with a few more

Notre Dame is the new destination for stud recruits. Welcome Mr. Sneed !

Saw on stream of commitment that Morrison is announcing Thursday, haven’t seen anything confirmed anywhere else though.

Huge talent pickup.

Kollie, Kahana, Zeigler, Jr., Burnham and Sneed. Liufau and Kiser have 2 more years. Osita looks like a DOG in a 3-4. We must be going to a 3-4.

Last edited:
Fantastic pick up. Hats off to the staff for identifying guys, then closing.

Is it possible to have too many good LBs? Any of these guys move to DE or S?

Fantastic pick up. Hats off to the staff for identifying guys, then closing.

Is it possible to have too many good LBs? Any of these guys move to DE or S?
No but Ziegler and Sneed are more rover players. Also remember that we will be playing much more 3 linemen packages by the time these guys are playing so there is more opportunities for linebackers.

Reactions: IrishMike409
We hired a big time coach as d coordinator. We are paying $2 million a year for this guy.

so why on earth aren’t we going for an elite offensive coordinator? Instead, we have TR. wtf.

What happened with Mcullough? Indiana kid that chose Indiana over ND. He is ranked even higher than Sneed.

Huge talent pickup.

Kollie, Kahana, Zeigler, Jr., Burnham and Sneed. Liufau and Kiser have 2 more years. Osita looks like a DOG in a 3-4. We must be going to a 3-4.
No. We simply haven't gotten the right numbers in lb recruiting the last two years so we had the need for at least 4 this year.

Reactions: Kelso86
Great job Freeman. Now that defense is pretty much wrapped up maybe he can go help the offense?

Also read where Coach Kelly was texting him in Chinese -- from what I have read, Kelly has also been a lot more involved in recruiting the last few years.

We hired a big time coach as d coordinator. We are paying $2 million a year for this guy.

so why on earth aren’t we going for an elite offensive coordinator? Instead, we have TR. wtf.

"so why on earth aren’t we going for an elite offensive coordinator? Instead, we have TR. wtf."

From sources I have read, they are waiting to see your availability!

QB Recruiting is lights out under TR!
We got Buchner but thats a big question mark considering his elite 9 performance and not playing much in HS. Sure doesn't look like we're getting any qb this year other than Angeli. I really don't think you can have a serious elite team without elite QBs and sadly just don't see that happening anytime soon. Sure wish we had Phil now. Talk about handling that poorly.

We got Buchner but thats a big question mark considering his elite 9 performance and not playing much in HS. Sure doesn't look like we're getting any qb this year other than Angeli. I really don't think you can have a serious elite team without elite QBs and sadly just don't see that happening anytime soon. Sure wish we had Phil now. Talk about handling that poorly.
yeah, QB recruiting is alarming right now. A lot of eggs in the buchner basket. If he doesn't pan out, there's no championship level talent plan B in 2022 and 2023 other than transfer.

yeah, QB recruiting is alarming right now. A lot of eggs in the buchner basket. If he doesn't pan out, there's no championship level talent plan B in 2022 and 2023 other than transfer.
If Buchner does not pan out it’s a black hole at QB. Pyne may stay or go depending on the 21 QB derby. Clark has been injured and seems to have fallen behind in the QB race. Angeli is not rated super-high, but he is the QB on the number one team in New Jersey. “The Tollbooth State” is talent rich and those jersey kids tend to be tough, he might be a bit underrated.

Rees did a decent job last year. He utilized the run game, dumped the ball off to the RB at times and he eliminated the awful screen pass play. Losing Singleton hurts because if we dont have an elite QB we must use the run game more. Book wasnt always accurate but the offensive scheme was generally improved. I would recruit a big back with power like a Jerome Bettis or Marc Edwards who can wear down defenses.

Last edited:
Reactions: tbonesays
Rees did a decent job last year. He utilized the run game, dumped the ball off to the RB at times and he eliminated the awful screen pass play. Losing Singleton hurts because if we dont have an elite QB we must use the run game more. Book wasnt always accurate but the offensive scheme was generally improved. I would recruit a big back with power like a Jerome Bettis or Marc Edwards who can wear down defenses.
I am hearing rumblings that Estime might be that guy. He is allegedly faster than expected. My challenge is that his upper body looks way more developed than his lower body. He has got guns but he needs pistons. Balis to the rescue.

Reactions: IrishMike409
NO, not even close.
Long way to go still before they can sign in Dec.
Im older and old guys like to always say “back in my day”. What class are you looking at? Rice was not a 5 star. He just turned out good. Rocket was, no doubt. Waters, Bettis, etc. RB now is also loaded with 4 star talent. LB 5 star. QB I would argue is better now. OL is even. DL I’d give the nod to days gone by at a wide margin. WR old school with Brown but the rest is even. TE’s today are better. Current LB’s are better. Toss up ok Secondary.

I don’t think you can say “not close”. Probably start a fight bit outside of the RB’s and DL, I think the current crop the last two years matches the old school recruits.

The big Delta I see missing is the “gonna win. Heisman” player like Brown, Rocket, Bettis or Zorich.

We have not landed that #1 of #1’s under BK like we did with Brown, Rocket, Waters, Bettis, Jaylon, Teo, Fuller, Clausen or Floyd. Mayer is the closest.

Im older and old guys like to always say “back in my day”. What class are you looking at? Rice was not a 5 star. He just turned out good. Rocket was, no doubt. Waters, Bettis, etc. RB now is also loaded with 4 star talent. LB 5 star. QB I would argue is better now. OL is even. DL I’d give the nod to days gone by at a wide margin. WR old school with Brown but the rest is even. TE’s today are better. Current LB’s are better. Toss up ok Secondary.

I don’t think you can say “not close”. Probably start a fight bit outside of the RB’s and DL, I think the current crop the last two years matches the old school recruits.

The big Delta I see missing is the “gonna win. Heisman” player like Brown, Rocket, Bettis or Zorich.

We have not landed that #1 of #1’s under BK like we did with Brown, Rocket, Waters, Bettis, Jaylon, Teo, Fuller, Clausen or Floyd. Mayer is the closest.
Agreed. Rice was the perfect fit for a Holtz offense. His greatest strength was his decision making. Tremendous in that area. No surprise that the Holtz- Powlus era was not very successful. Bad fit from the get go. The 1993 season never happens if Powlus doesn't get hurt. McDougal was stellar that year and a much,much better fit for that offense.

What happened with Mcullough? Indiana kid that chose Indiana over ND. He is ranked even higher than Sneed.
Never had much of a shot with him. His dad Deland is the new associate head coach and running backs coach. As a pipe dream Deland would be a great future coach at ND. He went from Miami (OH), to IU, to USC, to the KC Chiefs, back to IU. Great family. My wife taught with his wife back when they lived in Cincinnati

Never had much of a shot with him. His dad Deland is the new associate head coach and running backs coach. As a pipe dream Deland would be a great future coach at ND. He went from Miami (OH), to IU, to USC, to the KC Chiefs, back to IU. Great family. My wife taught with his wife back when they lived in Cincinnati
Yep, know him pretty well from his time here. Great guy and a great story about him and his biological father.

Holtz had like 4 straight number 1 ranked classes. This class will probably end up between 6 and 10 by signing day

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT