ADVERTISEMENT

Sammy Heisman

Behind wakes oline for sure…. Nds line gave book all day vs a better Georgia D
Hartman is better than Duggan. Duggan has an elite team of players to help him. The haters will see in September when we beat Ohio State. That’s if Al Washington doesn’t blow it for us.

Hartman is better than Duggan. Duggan has an elite team of players to help him. The haters will see in September when we beat Ohio State. That’s if Al Washington doesn’t blow it for us.
You mean like play your biggest strongest guy at SDE and just have him set edge and funnel plays inside for our lbs to miss, instead of having him blow up plays from the interior?

i actually think with Hartman we are going to be so efficient running and passing that we are going to put more than 50 on several teams this year.

To me he is the best player on the field tonight.
Brilliant offensive game plan and Stetson is executing flawlessly… they’re rather simple plays, just constantly changing things up and not allowing tcu to get set

Unlike Rees slow check with me allowing D to catch breath and set up vs us, the quick breaks from huddle and quick snap is brilliant

Behind wakes oline for sure…. Nds line gave book all day vs a better Georgia D
And got eaten up by south Carolina's backups at the gator bowl... The difference? The gator bowl guys are relevant to the current team.

And got eaten up by south Carolina's backups at the gator bowl... The difference? The gator bowl guys are relevant to the current team.
I think alt was hurt and Buchner got us in wrong protections/reads multiple times… with that said definitely a bad first half and only ok second half

Brilliant offensive game plan and Stetson is executing flawlessly… they’re rather simple plays, just constantly changing things up and not allowing tcu to get set

Unlike Rees slow check with me allowing D to catch breath and set up vs us, the quick breaks from huddle and quick snap is brilliant
They don’t have to be fancy. They’re better at every position. Just line up and play.

Also, Georgia was up 48-0 at South Carolina with 2 minutes to go before sc scored

I agree with you we didn’t play well vs South Carolina

I think alt was hurt and Buchner got us in wrong protections/reads multiple times… with that said definitely a bad first half and only ok second half
Lol. This is some bullshit.

Alt was beat badly one on one multiple times. Lugg was beat multiple times one on one. Fisher was beat one on one multiple times. Had nothing to do with protections. South Carolina lined up and whipped them.

If you don't like Buchner fine, but he didn't do anything of the kind vs south Carolina.

Lol. This is some bullshit.

Alt was beat badly one on one multiple times. Lugg was beat multiple times one on one. Fisher was beat one on one multiple times. Had nothing to do with protections. South Carolina lined up and whipped them.

If you don't like Buchner fine, but he didn't do anything of the kind vs south Carolina.
our 3 worst pass pro games were vs Ohio state Marshall and south Carolina…. Hmmm

Wtf are you talking about? Hartman will be gone by 2024 so he isn't helping that class.

Nd should have a good offense next year, but it's not a given and it's transitioning from te centric to wr centric. Hartman should ease that transition, but it's very different in philosophy than in the past.

The Heisman hype is laughable preseason click bait. If ND goes undefeated and gets to the playoffs and Hartman has 3700 yards, yeah he will go. If they go 8-4 and he has 4500 yards he isn't sniffing New York. The preseason hype is needed to get attention on the program, but success on the field is needed which brings us to...

The defense. Even if Hartman gets us to 40 pts a game and avoids his streaks of multiple interceptions ... The defense is covering major issues. The front seven as it is is going to seriously struggle against power running teams. The issues at safety are also a year away from being resolved. I like watt, but the other safety spot is an issue. I also believe 100% that the ok st transfer will play more nickel than safety. If he moves to safety there is a concern at nickel cb.

And the oline.

For all the shit Buchner took for the gator bowl the oline sucked. He had to play on the run or on his back foot all game because the o line was letting 4 men through consistently and it wasn't one or two guys. Alt and Patterson were also beat regularly. Hartman isn't a running threat. If the oline doesn't get substantially better none of this will matter because Hartman can't play from his back.
Our linebackers will improve with Snead and Kollie, Bothello will get a year better and we have a frosh all american coming back at corner.

Just have to build around them and our defense will be fine.

We literally can't be any worse than we were last year at linebacker.

our 3 worst pass pro games were vs Ohio state Marshall and south Carolina…. Hmmm
So? OSU and Marshall we didn't have Jarrett Patterson and we're trying to rush the passer. Pyne was no threat to pass. You realize playing the run is different than pursuing a QB right? Do you also realize the blocking scheme is totally different when. The offense is running vs passing? It's much more likely the issue is that the defenses ND played while running with Pyne actually hid the pass pro issues that are inherent with the line, and once again facing actual pass rushing they were exposed...again.

The biggest issue with your post is that the issue isn't the qb. You do realize the center controls the line right? Calls the pass pro, identify the lb/hot blitz, etc. Normally, that would be zeke, but it appeared lugg and Patterson also played a role.

So? OSU and Marshall we didn't have Jarrett Patterson and we're trying to rush the passer. Pyne was no threat to pass. You realize playing the run is different than pursuing a QB right? Do you also realize the blocking scheme is totally different when. The offense is running vs passing? It's much more likely the issue is that the defenses ND played while running with Pyne actually hid the pass pro issues that are inherent with the line, and once again facing actual pass rushing they were exposed...again. if it's not fixed Hartman will have the same issue.

The biggest issue with your post is that the issue isn't the qb. You do realize the center controls the line right? Calls the pass pro, identify the lb/hot blitz, etc. Normally, that would be zeke, but it appeared lugg and Patterson also played a role

So? OSU and Marshall we didn't have Jarrett Patterson and we're trying to rush the passer. Pyne was no threat to pass. You realize playing the run is different than pursuing a QB right? Do you also realize the blocking scheme is totally different when. The offense is running vs passing? It's much more likely the issue is that the defenses ND played while running with Pyne actually hid the pass pro issues that are inherent with the line, and once again facing actual pass rushing they were exposed...again. if it's not fixed Hartman will have the same issue.

The biggest issue with your post is that the issue isn't the qb. You do realize the center controls the line right? Calls the pass pro, identify the lb/hot blitz, etc. Normally, that would be zeke, but it appeared lugg and Patterson also played a role
Center does not conrol line calls at ND under kelly or Rees. The only time that happened was with super young QBs that didn't have the ability. I think Golson had line call help.

A pass play is a pass play and we've had many more free rushers with Buchner at QB on pass plays. This doesn't excuse some of the poor line play at times no doubt, but there's been wayyyyyy too much confusion on the line with buchner at QB. The line has played great in pass pro from CAL through USC with Pyne.

Why's it hard to believe buchner makes line protection mistakes with the number of bonehead pre and post snap reads he makes?

Center does not conrol line calls at ND under kelly or Rees. The only time that happened was with super young QBs that didn't have the ability. I think Golson had line call help.

A pass play is a pass play and we've had many more free rushers with Buchner at QB on pass plays. This doesn't excuse some of the poor line play at times no doubt, but there's been wayyyyyy too much confusion on the line with buchner at QB. The line has played great in pass pro from CAL through USC with Pyne.

Why's it hard to believe buchner makes line protection mistakes with the number of bonehead pre and post snap reads he makes?
This is totally incorrect.

Watch any ND game the last two years and watch lugg lift his hand calling out the lb.

Is he checking with the QB? No.

He's making sure the center is aware and that they are in the right package.

It's freaking laughable that you think the QB out of the shotgun is calling oline protection.

This is totally incorrect.

Watch any ND game the last two years and watch lugg lift his hand calling out the lb.

Is he checking with the QB? No.

He's making sure the center is aware and that they are in the right package.

It's freaking laughable that you think the QB out of the shotgun is calling oline protection.
Wow, omg.. You think the linemen in a crouch lookin down at the ground or at the chest of their Dl across from the are calling protections. My lord. I'll help you though

Pass protection is called by the play and then mostly modified by the QB.

Pass protection starts with the play call then modifications are made off of that based on D. Oline have a person to block based on the call but the D might be in a different setup. QB is modifying the protection and identifying mike lb. This is critical so line knows which way they are going, who they have, and what the vulnerability is. This is all to protect the QB so the QB needs to know where the oline will be and the vulnerability, that's why you want the QB making the major modifications to protection. QB that you see many times at ND is determining if RB should be to their right or left based on defense and the protection. QB is also deciding if the line needs to slide a certain way based on the D and can move around TEs to help in pass pro as needed.

What you're talking about is oline identifying who they have due to protection call from OC and or modifications from QB. I'm sure Lugg has the ability to override or correct buchner, but that's very difficult to do from an oline perspective as they don't see everything. Most likely the oline is correcting someone on the olines mistake on who they have, no where near the full protection. Typically a center would make this check and even then it's very difficult.

It's why I believe buchner has struggled understanding protections and we've had more confusion on the oline with him as QB.

It's why i'm excited about Hartman, as he has extensive experience here in a much more difficult offense to protect the QB in.

Wow, omg.. You think the linemen in a crouch lookin down at the ground or at the chest of their Dl across from the are calling protections. My lord. I'll help you though

Pass protection is called by the play and then mostly modified by the QB.

Pass protection starts with the play call then modifications are made off of that based on D. Oline have a person to block based on the call but the D might be in a different setup. QB is modifying the protection and identifying mike lb. This is critical so line knows which way they are going, who they have, and what the vulnerability is. This is all to protect the QB so the QB needs to know where the oline will be and the vulnerability, that's why you want the QB making the major modifications to protection. QB that you see many times at ND is determining if RB should be to their right or left based on defense and the protection. QB is also deciding if the line needs to slide a certain way based on the D and can move around TEs to help in pass pro as needed.

What you're talking about is oline identifying who they have due to protection call from OC and or modifications from QB. I'm sure Lugg has the ability to override or correct buchner, but that's very difficult to do from an oline perspective as they don't see everything. Most likely the oline is correcting someone on the olines mistake on who they have, no where near the full protection. Typically a center would make this check and even then it's very difficult.

It's why I believe buchner has struggled understanding protections and we've had more confusion on the oline with him as QB.

It's why i'm excited about Hartman, as he has extensive experience here in a much more difficult offense to protect the QB in.
Lol. I'm guessing you didn't play a lot of football. The QB might make a simple switch if he ids a mismatch, but in Harry's scheme it's all on the line, short of a simple adjustment.

I tried, but I'm putting you back on block.

I'm just not even touching this.

Lol. I'm guessing you didn't play a lot of football. The QB might make a simple switch if he ids a mismatch, but in Harry's scheme it's all on the line, short of a simple adjustment.

I tried, but I'm putting you back on block.

I'm just not even touching this.
I'm done arguing, but you're flat out wrong. Play call has protection, and QB modifies as needed. Oline just confirms who they have. Way over simplified it but that's it.

You do not want an oline calling the protection and then having the QB not know what's going on. That would be moronic. Yes you see lugg point, but you don' see him yelling back to the QB what modifications they've made because that's now what is happening. You want the QB to modify protections so they know where vulnerability is and they have best view as well.

I'm done arguing, but you're flat out wrong. Play call has protection, and QB modifies as needed. Oline just confirms who they have. Way over simplified it but that's it.

You do not want an oline calling the protection and then having the QB not know what's going on. That would be moronic. Yes you see lugg point, but you don' see him yelling back to the QB what modifications they've made because that's now what is happening. You want the QB to modify protections so they know where vulnerability is and they have best view as well.
Don't listen to a thing mirer says. His classic line is "you never played football." He told me I never played football because I said Hartman would be a great mentor for Minchey and Buchner. He said no he will not, called me stupid for saying it, and that I clearly never played football as a result of saying it. A week later a Wake Forest reporter was on a ND podcast and talked about the massive benefit the younger QB's got at Wake because Sam was an invaluable mentor to them and really loves that role, connecting with and giving his wisdom back to the guys he spends the most time with (the other QB's). This reporter said one of the biggest benefits won't just be his tremendous skills but what he will be able to teach Buchner and Minchey. mirer rarely has any clue what he's talking about and rarely has anything to say when he's proven wrong, which is usually the case.

Last edited:
Anyone else itching for a Hartman interview of some sort? I'd love even a 30 second Q&A or just an introduction of some sort. Also, anyone know when he arrives? Is he coming this month or not until summer?

Don't listen to a thing mirer says. His classic line is "you never played football." He told me I never played football because I said Hartman would be a great mentor for Minchey and Buchner. He said no he will not, called me stupid for saying it, and that I clearly never played football as a result of saying it. A week later a Wake Forest reporter was on a ND podcast and talked about the massive benefit the younger QB's got at Wake because Sam was an invaluable mentor to them and really loves that role, connecting with and giving his wisdom back to the guys he spends the most time with (the other QB's). This reporter said one of the biggest benefits won't just be his tremendous skills but what he will be able to teach Buchner and Minchey. mirer rarely has any clue what he's talking about and rarely has anything to say when he's proven wrong, which is usually the case.
Lol you are still here?

Still a moron? Still waiting for the next guy? Can't wait till next year....when you want the next guy....

Lol you are still here?

Still a moron? Still waiting for the next guy? Can't wait till next year....when you want the next guy....
tough to call someone a moron when you think our RG is determining the offenses protection

Not trying to jump in y'alls fray here but I can tell you this...

The Center calls the blocking assignments for the interior line.
In the event the Center is green a more experienced guard will call it out provided they can handle it.

The QB is responsible for reading the back 7

Nobody with an ounce of sense would put all 101 percent responsibility on the QB of calling out assignments for the interior linemen, reading the back 7 on who is blitzing or not and calling out more assignments...
then at last moment calling an audible if they see something to suggest an audible play will work...and or a quick adjustment to the reciever pre snap suspecting a corner or saftey blitz.

Did I mention all this going on AFTER everyone waiting for the weird big ass signs to be held up by sideline help some decoys and some not.

All that is not falling solely on the QB.

Matter of fact it's not a secret with the interior line.
I got #53 (DT of the opposition) or a simple Icon as in "I contain" if it's a trap or another player pulling...etc...

It's not a secret to the D either.

The ball still has to snap and execution has to happen.

Reactions: mirer03
geez, if this guy starts off slow, this place will implode! heads will explode!

Honestly, I'm not buying into the hype. How many times have we seen this, only to get disappointed in the end. I'm happy ND got an experienced QB that can sling the ball all over the field, but I'm not going to get hyped up only to be let down yet again.

Pyne didn't get touched vs USC, UNC, Clemson, etc, our biggest games

I do agree ND got out coached big time vs South carolina, but we were able to out talent them due to all their departures.

Reactions: 88ND
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT