ADVERTISEMENT

Riley Out Rest of Spring

raulduke_007

I've posted how many times?
Jan 5, 2010
Feel bad for the kid but im happy Angeli and Minchey are still in the QB room. Starting to wonder if Leonard will have enough time to learn the offense and his WR group.

• Wow
Reactions: Colombia2003
Minchey needs serious time with the ones. I've said it before and will say it again. Angeli shouldn't be starting for ND with the talent in that room.

Let's hope neither Angeli or Minchey transfer. If I was the coaching staff, I'd make sure this is a real QB competition and not just handing the job to someone. I feel bad for Leonard too, but team comes first, if his ankle injury is an ongoing issue, they need to move on.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Most stress fractures heal by themselves, healing from surgery is usually a 6 to 8 week process, so I wonder why they made the decision to operate

At this point I'd sit both Minchey and Angeli down and say rest of spring is 50-50. Let it rip.

It's still a forgone conclusion that Riley will be starting IMHO. But the staff needs to know where they are going if he goes down.

Most stress fractures heal by themselves, healing from surgery is usually a 6 to 8 week process, so I wonder why they made the decision to operate
Unless its something more they are not letting on.

Read the article on the front page. Surgery was done to replace the plate in his ankle where a stress fracture was developing. Surgery was performed on Friday and the prognosis is excellent.

Reactions: Airzee23
Read the article on the front page. Surgery was done to replace the plate in his ankle where a stress fracture was developing. Surgery was performed on Friday and the prognosis is excellent.
That doesn’t seem to make sense
You either have a stress fracture or you don’t

The insertion of a plate when indicate a significant stress fracture rather than a developing stress fracture

Glad to hear the prognosis was excellent. On one hand it stinks he will miss reps, on the other I'm happy the presumed backups will get a ton of reps now. If nothing else it showed Angeli and/or Minchey they are one play away from being the guy.

Yes you do. You care about every little slight people say about you on here. Then you run to the moderator. Your just playing it off this time because you didn't know he was laughing at you 🤣
I never went to the moderator until others did, and all I went to the the moderator about was to get equal treatment

I really don’t care about anything that Echowaker says, he’s a legend in his own mind And about as petty as you can get, only IrishJohn exceeds him when it comes to pettiness, with you following in third

• Haha
Reactions: Chitown11
I never went to the moderator until others did, and all I went to the the moderator about was to get equal treatment

I really don’t care about anything that Echowaker says, he’s a legend in his own mind And about as petty as you can get, only IrishJohn exceeds him when it comes to pettiness, with you following in third
I’m glad that you are always thinking of me.

show everyone the tattoo you have with my name.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Minchey needs serious time with the ones. I've said it before and will say it again. Angeli shouldn't be starting for ND with the talent in that room.
I guess you know more than the staff. Minchey is given every opportunity, but can't seem to beat out Angeli. He's had all of last year to overtake Angeli as the 2 and couldn't. You are an idiot.

“Right now Steve is ahead of the other guys, just through experience and the evidence he’s shown us,” Freeman said.

Reactions: Pennick4
I don’t get why some posters throw shade at angelli. I thought he played well in the bowl game. And if not for the portal would be our starting QB this season.
Possibly yes. Hed be in an actual QB battle though unlike what we have now

Carr isn't ready, and Minchey still can't beat him out. I don't think it would be much of a battle just a more legitimate competition.

“Right now Steve is ahead of the other guys, just through experience and the evidence he’s shown us,” Freeman said.

Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111
I hope I’m wrong. But Riley Leonard could turn out to be injury prone.

Angelli could very well be starting some games for us. The spring game should give us a good look at both backup Quarterbacks

Carr isn't ready, and Minchey still can't beat him out. I don't think it would be much of a battle just a more legitimate competition.

I think it would definitely be a battle. Angeli would definitely have the upper hand right now as hes older and actually played. But they have more natural talent and gifts so they would keep gaining on him

They arent ready now but what about a month from now. Or 5 months from now. Probably a different story

It would be a heated competition.

I don’t get why some posters throw shade at angelli. I thought he played well in the bowl game. And if not for the portal would be our starting QB this season.
Marcus Freeman recruited and signed a seasoned, experienced, multiple starts senior portal QB for a reason.

I think it would definitely be a battle. Angeli would definitely have the upper hand right now as hes older and actually played. But they have more natural talent and gifts so they would keep gaining on him

They arent ready now but what about a month from now. Or 5 months from now. Probably a different story

It would be a heated competition.
Eventually, Carr is going to overtake both Angeli and Minchey. That could be 5-6 months from now.

My concern is, if Minchey hasn't gained on Angeli at this point, I don't see it happening.

I hope I’m wrong. But Riley Leonard could turn out to be injury prone.

Angelli could very well be starting some games for us. The spring game should give us a good look at both backup Quarterbacks
This has been my conern as well.

When another former big-bodied Duke QB, DANIEL JONES -- who once beat ND and now plays for the Giants -- went down last year, I IMMEDIATELY THOUGHT OF LEONARD.

Jones had gained 720 yds. from scrimmage the previous season, and while I'm not sure how he sustained his ACL injury, it's clear that the more a QB runs, the RISKIER IT GETS. And just because a guy is big doesn't make him IMMUNE.

The only thing that surprises me with Leonard -- given his two injuries last season -- is how QUICKLY the other shoe dropped this spring. I'm in NO WAY surprised, nor will I be if he goes down again.

Let's just hope this isn't an Aaron Rogers situation.

Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111
Eventually, Carr is going to overtake both Angeli and Minchey. That could be 5-6 months from now.

My concern is, if Minchey hasn't gained on Angeli at this point, I don't see it happening.
How would anyone know this without seeing them play in a meaningful game? What do you base this on?

Reactions: BGI User 756
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT