ADVERTISEMENT

Reports that Rees and Jurkovec had Issues

“I'm not real sure about that "one play away" thing that we often hear about. I get the feeling that BK/Rees would play Ian if they had to put the young man on crutches or fix him with a boot that has cleats molded on the bottom. There's no pulling this QB from the field.”

Doesn’t really matter if you’re “not real sure”. If book were to have gotten hurt, Phil was most definitely “one play away“ & in all likelihood would’ve been again this upcoming season if he didn’t get beat out by Pyne or Clark.

But I thought we weren’t supposed to “pile on” players in this forum according to you. Sure seems like you don’t mind piling on book. I guess when you rag on a player, it’s okay.
Yep. I have said several times during the past week that I, and we, need to support Ian 100%. I even added Brendon and Phil to that list. You, my man, have selective reading comprehension. Quit trying to start an argument and of all things, stop being so fragile. You young people have a real hard time dealing with opinions that don't completely jive with yours. I do have questions about BK, Rees, and Long in this whole Phil situation and the complaints of a couple of recruits. If you don't like it, put me on ignore and run for the nearest safe space.

Reactions: valianted25
“Yep. I have said several times during the past week that I, and we, need to support Ian 100%. I even added Brendon and Phil to that list. You, my man, have selective reading comprehension. Quit trying to start an argument and of all things, stop being so fragile. You young people have a real hard time dealing with opinions that don't completely jive with yours. I do have questions about BK, Rees, and Long in this whole Phil situation and the complaints of a couple of recruits. If you don't like it, put me on ignore and run for the nearest safe space”

“Fragile”? You mean like when you chided the board for piling on Phil and Avery? And I’m 51 years old, and don’t care about differing opinions as much as when a poster tries to tell all of us how bad we are for ripping into players when that same poster has no problem doing the very same thing. As for putting you on ignore, I’ve never been so “fragile” to have to put someone on ignore, maybe that’s an “older” person thing?

Boy has this thread delivered the goods, full of rancor, claims, counterclaims, and indignant declarations. It's almost like themes from various Shakespearean plays were bundled and thrown into a cuisinart. We have Rees as the melancholy Dane, Driskell as the scheming Iago, Kelly as the frenzied King Lear...there's even a poster volunteering his grandiloquent services as the babbling Polonius. Cutting through the morass of hype and metaphor, I subscribe to the theory that Phil was Jurked around. No doubt Book requires our support, as he is carrying Notre Dame's hopes, but I have sincere doubts that he has any more to offer. His glittering stats are fools gold (he ranked 81st among passers in Notre Dame's 9 games against Power 5 opponents), but we are all required to embrace that fools gold like a deluded King Midas. One can only hope that Phil proves his merit in a distant venue. While such success might agonize his critics, especially those in the program whose machinations prompted his departure, whatever glory Phil enjoys will have no bearing on Notre Dame's fortunes (unless he plays against them, of course).

“Yep. I have said several times during the past week that I, and we, need to support Ian 100%. I even added Brendon and Phil to that list. You, my man, have selective reading comprehension. Quit trying to start an argument and of all things, stop being so fragile. You young people have a real hard time dealing with opinions that don't completely jive with yours. I do have questions about BK, Rees, and Long in this whole Phil situation and the complaints of a couple of recruits. If you don't like it, put me on ignore and run for the nearest safe space”

“Fragile”? You mean like when you chided the board for piling on Phil and Avery? And I’m 51 years old, and don’t care about differing opinions as much as when a poster tries to tell all of us how bad we are for ripping into players when that same poster has no problem doing the very same thing. As for putting you on ignore, I’ve never been so “fragile” to have to put someone on ignore, maybe that’s an “older” person thing?
51? That's even worse.You are like a spoiled child.I don't even know what you are talking about, and frankly, neither do you. You have nothing. I'm going to say what I want, whenever I want. In the words of our HC...."Get used to it". You're drooling over your keyboard to have the last word, so get to it.

Reactions: valianted25
51? That's even worse.You are like a spoiled child.I don't even know what you are talking about, and frankly, neither do you. You have nothing. I'm going to say what I want, whenever I want. In the words of our HC...."Get used to it". You're drooling over your keyboard to have the last word, so get to it.

Done with this topic except I hope pj does well at BC. I think he will excel in the right environment. Not in an environment where your QB coach was not a very good QB yo begin with. Ask yourself this question. Would any of the top 25 teams want TR as their OC. The answer is no so why should ND settle for any thing less. I lost what little respect I had for Rees when a jelly donut eating cop with 10 lbs of equipment on draged the starting ND quarterback down from behind. Embarrassing as a fan. GOOD LUCK PHIL AS I HAVE A GOOD FEELING BETTER DAYS ARE COMING FOR YOU. Hopefully, your QB coach was good at being a QB

A "jelly eating cop" caught one of our best and legendary WRs from behind during an underage drinking party bust in my area. Yep, his name and the incident were all in my local papers. It happened just before he was supposed to report to campus. Imagine a Notre Dame WR getting caught from behind by a county officer wearing his belt stuffed with cuffs, taser, pepper spray, flashlight, weapon. You watch "Live PD", it happens all the time.

“51? That's even worse.You are like a spoiled child.I don't even know what you are talking about, and frankly, neither do you. You have nothing. I'm going to say what I want, whenever I want. In the words of our HC...."Get used to it". You're drooling over your keyboard to have the last word, so get to it.“

“Drooling over my keyboard”? Don’t flatter yourself, Toby, I certainly don’t think enough of you to put you on ignore or care enough to get the last word in. But it’s funny that you’re a grown man calling someone else a spoiled child in the same post that you say “I’m gonna say what I want, whenever I want”. Lol. Who sounds like the spoiled child?

Done with this topic except I hope pj does well at BC. I think he will excel in the right environment. Not in an environment where your QB coach was not a very good QB yo begin with. Ask yourself this question. Would any of the top 25 teams want TR as their OC. The answer is no so why should ND settle for any thing less. I lost what little respect I had for Rees when a jelly donut eating cop with 10 lbs of equipment on draged the starting ND quarterback down from behind. Embarrassing as a fan. GOOD LUCK PHIL AS I HAVE A GOOD FEELING BETTER DAYS ARE COMING FOR YOU. Hopefully, your QB coach was good at being a QB
How someone is as a player has absolutely zero to do with how he is coaching that position. And even if we used that stupid logic, Rees was probably better as a player
than most most qb coaches around the country. Such a dumb argument

Rees isn't ready to be an OC yet.....PERIOD. Secondly it doesn't matter who the OC is because BK is pulling the strings. Thats why there will be no great experienced OC coming to ND. Thirdly, since Phil needs a lot of work and his accuracy sucks according to you, why hasn't your boy TR and BK made any progress with him since they are such great coaches. Especially your self proclaimed "offensive guru" and "QB developer" BK?
Didn't say a word if Rees was ready as a OC or not. I said how he was as a player has zero relevance to his ability as a QB coach and OC.

Never called Kelly an offensive guru or qb developer.

Phil just isnt that good right now. That's why he didn't play. That's why hes probably headed to BC

“51? That's even worse.You are like a spoiled child.I don't even know what you are talking about, and frankly, neither do you. You have nothing. I'm going to say what I want, whenever I want. In the words of our HC...."Get used to it". You're drooling over your keyboard to have the last word, so get to it.“

“Drooling over my keyboard”? Don’t flatter yourself, Toby, I certainly don’t think enough of you to put you on ignore or care enough to get the last word in. But it’s funny that you’re a grown man calling someone else a spoiled child in the same post that you say “I’m gonna say what I want, whenever I want”. Lol. Who sounds like the spoiled child?
You. ZZZZing!

How was Ditka’s relationship with McMahon ?

Did they have issues ?

Coaches aren’t nannies !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT