ADVERTISEMENT

It is time for Clemson

NCDomer1

I've posted how many times?
Sep 23, 2005
This just might be the best 4-4 team in the country. Their field goal kicker is not up to the norm witnessed by the fact Clemson played FSU even and if he hit a 30 yard field goal than FSU has a loss. They played Miami into two overtime’s at Miami. They had 374 total yards versus NCSU paltry 220 yards. The had over 400 yards against Duke and lost. It is all the turnovers especially in the red zone, penalties, dropped passes that is killing them.
Of course, they will probably play ND error free, but we will see.
I like the noon starting time instead of night time in Death Valley. Sam has to clear up some mistakes with interceptions throwing into the heart of a zone defense. Today’s offense is the model going forward minus the INT’s. Basically left 14 points on the board. The fake pitch reverse roll out worked every time and the Five wide set had open receivers. Faison did not get many targets. Tyree has always been a weapon. If the other team wants to blitz their line backers then he runs a short slant pass route to the inside, not a 15 yard slant. Irish had 75 yards in penalties a lot of them could have been avoided. This will be the last time ND faces Will Shipley who broke a lot of Irish hearts a few years ago. Stop him and Clemson seems to struggle or becomes one dimensional. All of the sudden the option play seems to be an obstacle for ND and Clemson will take advantage of it.
ND has beaten Clemson two times in a row so you know they will be up for this game and I believe they will play their hearts out next Saturday trying to get bowl eligible.
Originally, I had this game at night and the only team ND would lose to, but seeing their struggles and I did not see ND’s defense being this good. Golden will send multiple pressure package’s against their QB forcing a turn over or two at least I hope so. Whoever wins the turnover battle and makes the least amount of mistakes is going to win this game.
Irish 34 Clemson 24

This just might be the best 4-4 team in the country. Their field goal kicker is not up to the norm witnessed by the fact Clemson played FSU even and if he hit a 30 yard field goal than FSU has a loss. They played Miami into two overtime’s at Miami. They had 374 total yards versus NCSU paltry 220 yards. The had over 400 yards against Duke and lost. It is all the turnovers especially in the red zone, penalties, dropped passes that is killing them.
I like the noon starting time instead of night time in Death Valley. Sam has to clear up some mistakes with interceptions throwing into the heart of a zone defense. Today’s offense is the model going forward minus the INT’s. Basically left 14 points on the board. The fake pitch reverse roll out worked every time and the Five wide set had open receivers. Faison did not get many targets. Tyree has always been a weapon. If the other team wants to blitz their line backers then he runs a short slant pass route to the inside, not a 15 yard slant. Irish had 75 yards in penalties a lot of them could have been avoided. This will be the last time ND faces Will Shipley who broke a lot of Irish hearts a few years ago. Stop him and Clemson seems to struggle or becomes one dimensional. All of the sudden the option play seems to be an obstacle for ND and Clemson will take advantage of it.
ND has beaten Clemson two times in a row so you know they will be up for this game and I believe they will play their hearts out next Saturday trying to get bowl eligible.
Originally, I had this game at night and the only team ND would lose to, but seeing their struggles and I did not see ND’s defense being this good. Golden will send multiple pressure package’s against their QB forcing a turn over or two at least I hope so. Whoever wins the turnover battle and makes the least amount of mistakes is going to win this game.
Irish 34 Clemson 24
Shipley got knocked out of the game

Well, Clemson is 7th in total defense and ND is 12th. They are 9th in pass defense and MD is 4th. ND is 3rd in redzone defense but Clemson is 12th in tackles for loss but ND is 8th in TFL allowed whereas Clemson is 78th. Clemson giving up 100 yards rushing a game and ND at 125 pg.

Additionally, Clemson has a very good 1st down defense where ND has a very good 3rd down defense.Hartman and Klubnick have identical completion percentages right now at 65%.

The difference might be turnovers, ND is 20th in TO margin, Clemson is tied for 76th.

Just some food
For though, DO what you see itwan

Well, Clemson is 7th in total defense and ND is 12th. They are 9th in pass defense and MD is 4th. ND is 3rd in redzone defense but Clemson is 12th in tackles for loss but ND is 8th in TFL allowed whereas Clemson is 78th. Clemson giving up 100 yards rushing a game and ND at 125 pg.

Additionally, Clemson has a very good 1st down defense where ND has a very good 3rd down defense.Hartman and Klubnick have identical completion percentages right now at 65%.

The difference might be turnovers, ND is 20th in TO margin, Clemson is tied for 76th.

Just some food
For though, DO what you see itwan
4 losses

We will see a different Clemson team than we've seen all season. Their coaches and players have a tremendous amount of pride....and they will bring it all in Death Valley. Notre Dame has to do three things to win this game: Get an early lead....avoid turnovers.....avoid penalties. These are basic and obvious....but Clemson will capitalize on each one. I am not sold on Klubnik under pressure. So ND needs to give him more things to think about than their coaches want him to. Sam needs to play a high percentage game on offense.....and the D needs to pressure Klubnik for 4 quarters. He won't beat ND without alot of help ; and ND needs to make sure he can't get it.

Irish 34 Clemson 24
YEP! and ND IS THE BEST 7-2 team in the nation!!!

Reactions: Irishjohn68
I fully expect the tigers to play their most complete game. I forgot Shipley got hurt at the NCSU game. Let’s hope it is not serious that young man has a promising NFL career ahead of him. Some Tiger fans consider him the heart and soul of the team

Reactions: Telx1
Clemson is a wounded bear. ND has to be disciplined. I think Clemson will need turnovers and penalties to go their way to win. Lets not give it to them. Strike first. Give Klubnik more to think about than their coaches want him to. Pressure him for four quarters. It will pay off. Even so....Clemson will make this their playoff game....They are still one of the big boys...and have tremendous pride...especially at home. This game will be a war.

Reactions: IrishMike409
To expect anything but an A Plus effort vs us would be a big mistake.

Dab's needs to hit the Portal and get a QB .

Clemson is a wounded bear. ND has to be disciplined. I think Clemson will need turnovers and penalties to go their way to win. Lets not give it to them. Strike first. Give Klubnik more to think about than their coaches want him to. Pressure him for four quarters. It will pay off. Even so....Clemson will make this their playoff game....They are still one of the big boys...and have tremendous pride...especially at home. This game will be a war.
I agree and a wounded animal is a dangerous animal.

I've had people tell me how they question Dabo's ability, almost as though Clemson won two NCs in spite of him. What a joke.

Dabo will have them revved up and ready to play.

I can’t see ND getting ANYTHING but the best game of the year from Clemson. Those drops turn into miracle one handers. The refs become all stars again picking up flags, missing wide open PI’s on Clemson and every 5+ yard for a run is a mystery holding.

They will remember walking in here top 10 and an unranked (I think) Irish squad dismantling in the first 3 quarters.

They have zero to lose and we will be conservative so I’d expect we go down early and have to claw back.

The two factors that help are the noon and coming off the heartbreaking FSU and NC pummeling but they have talent and pride.

I think this will be lower scoring. Like a 24-20.

I have NOT seen them play so hard to say. They will play us like they played FSU. Miami sucks and so does NC state. If we get those Clemson teams this is a blowout but I’d bet on the FSU team showing up.

Roles reversed. Clemson was 7-0 believe last year. And had a bye. ND was 5-3? Lost to Stanford and Marshall.

Reactions: ftnfan62
Clemson is what it is. Just not good this season. ND should shut down Clemson’s offense and ND will have reasonable success against C. Defense. ND by 15-18.

Reactions: ftnfan62
Good teams don't lose 4 games. That said, expect a dogfight. I think this game will be decided late in the fourth quarter.

Clemson is what it is. Just not good this season. ND should shut down Clemson’s offense and ND will have reasonable success against C. Defense. ND by 15-18.
Well, Fanduel has Notre Dame as a 3-point favorite. Bet big.

Just looking. Duke beat them soundly. That’s it.

FSU and Miami on OT and last weeek by 7.

Gonna be tough.

If Parker calls a bad game like at Lpuisville he should be fired immediately.

Duke did not beat Clemson soundly. The score says that, Clemson simply could not get out of their own way.

As stated, I didn’t see any of the games. I think the score was 27-7. That’s soundly.

I don’t know how they beat them by 20 but outside of that, Clemson has been in every game.

We will see a different Clemson team than we've seen all season. Their coaches and players have a tremendous amount of pride....and they will bring it all in Death Valley. Notre Dame has to do three things to win this game: Get an early lead....avoid turnovers.....avoid penalties. These are basic and obvious....but Clemson will capitalize on each one. I am not sold on Klubnik under pressure. So ND needs to give him more things to think about than their coaches want him to. Sam needs to play a high percentage game on offense.....and the D needs to pressure Klubnik for 4 quarters. He won't beat ND without alot of help ; and ND needs to make sure he can't get it.
👍

Well, Fanduel has Notre Dame as a 3-point favorite. Bet big.
The line is between 2.5 and 3.

Even if it moves, that’s more of a product of the flow of money rather than what Vegas thinks.

No easy game as this may be the highlight of their season !

OK I'll play, Clemson may be best 4-4 team in country and ND may be best 7-2 team in country, SMH

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT