ADVERTISEMENT

Rees as OC

Playing in an offense that throws the ball all over the yard does not mean a QB is good if he puts up
Numbers in that type of offense - a good qb wins games he and the team are not supposed too - and they don’t lose to teams where they are the better and more talented team

Holtz era teams were running teams - same w Ara and Devine who s teams favored the run to set up the pass -etc

All the ND QB’s in those time frames did not get to throw the ball all over the yard.

Rees passing numbers mean nothing - fact is he lost games he should of won w bad picks and bad decisions and I don’t think he ever won a game where he was not supposed to win

He was one lucky kid to be able to play for ND - he should of been no more than a QB at a MAC school and I don’t think he would of beat out many MAC QB’s from that era

I just hope he’s a better Offense Cordinator than he was as a player

A lot of times very average players end making or becoming great coaches -( Dabo was a walk on) - so it would be awesome if Rees ends up being a great coach

But stop w Rees ND passing stats when compared to other ND QB - it’s apples and oranges due to the offensive schemes and era’s
so the numbers don't count because they don't support your opinion ? got it.

I hope Kelly offers Rees the OC job. Many on this board just like to put him down because he wasn’t Tom Brady or Russel Wilson. He was probably the best player on his HS team (by a wide margin) and earned a scholarship to a top program. If his arm was a bit stronger and his feet a bit quicker he would still be playing. Keep in mind how many times he had to save the day in 2012.

But the reason I hope Kelly offers him the job is because of his smarts. He could read defenses very well and was able to audible when required. Sure, maybe his athleticism didn’t allow the play to end up as planned, but he put the team in a better position much more often than not.

And he wasn’t Tom Brady or Russel Wilson - but how many are? The blowhards on this site must be excellent Madden players where real athleticism isn’t required. They like to bloviate and help themselves to feel important. And they sure as hell couldn’t compete at any level near Rees - whether playing or coaching.

The bowl game wasn’t perfect but it sure showed he can call a game and I am excited to see him progress - especially as we bring in some better talent (although losing Chase will hurt).

Reactions: jcswoopnh and Ara64
What he did as a player has ZERO to do with how he will be as an OC, anyone who uses hiw he performed as a player has no clue what they are talking about

Reactions: echowaker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT